What do you want to see this offseason: TRADES

YoloinOhio

58 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

There is ZERO chance Minnesota let’s Rudolph out the door. They can trade/release plenty of people before they’d ever consider letting him go. 

They may need the money to resign Richardson and Barr.  Plus, Thielen's contract will need to be extended at some point.  They may move on from him since it's a good draft for TE's.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

They may need the money to resign Richardson and Barr.  Plus, Thielen's contract will need to be extended at some point.  They may move on from him since it's a good draft for TE's.

I can’t see it this year. 

I could see them dumping 3-4 guys way before they’d even consider Rudolph. There’s already been talk of them trading Xavier Rhodes. 

He is huge for their system and the run game. 

I would take him in a heartbeat I think he’s capable of being a top 5 tight end. I don’t think they’ll ship him away though 

12 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I feel like I’ve been wishing for a WR trade for while now so that’s no surprise. The reason is that it seems like the only route to obtain a good, experienced WR. I think the Bills will need to overpay in the FA market for anyone decent just due to the still evolving QB/passing offense. Any good WR with options would not have a strong interest in going to the Bills imo. And while I definitely still want to draft one relatively high in addition to trading for one, it’s rare to get WR1 production out of a rookie and that’s what they need. They also really need a strong reliable veteran presence in the WR group. I don’t have a name in mind... because it would be someone not “on the market” right now

Actually I think speedy deep threats would be interested but we have a good one already.

6 hours ago, Golden Goat said:

So trading for a vet linebacker can be an asset for our younger defensive players -- but trading for a WR to help mentor our younger offensive players has "disaster written all over it?"

I think people cringe around here due to the last few trades involving WRs.  Then you have the crowd that now thinks every UDFA will be Foster.

Lets trade down with Washington and trade the 15th overall pick for Brady and bench him for the rest of his career.?

Edited by formerlyofCtown
  • Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

How does that have disaster written all over it?

The Bills receiving corps as a whole is pretty bad at the moment. Considering the lack of recievers available in FA a trade is the best route. 

Don't think the Bills can afford the risk of counting on a early round draft pick to fill the void/be the only big addition at WR. IMO a trade for a big time reicever such as Julio or Bryant would go a long way for this offense and Allen. 

Though I agree with on Julio or another top vet being a positive in a big way.  I think you are still stuck in the first half of the season with our WR core.  Over the last 7 games of the season Foster was one of the top if not the top Rookie WR.  Though he needs to improve furth, Zay actually started catching footballs rather than dropping hot potatos and McKenzie seems to be a useful weapon.  I also think the Duke signing will be one of the best signings of the offseason for any team.(Thats my bold prediction for next season).  To me Disaster would mean we finished the season with "Benjamin the Hut" as our number 1 and would need 3 starters.

8 hours ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Maybe some pottery.

No you need soft clay to make pottery, his hands have apparently turned to stone.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Golden Goat said:

So trading for a vet linebacker can be an asset for our younger defensive players -- but trading for a WR to help mentor our younger offensive players has "disaster written all over it?"

Especially when we already have a Vet LB but no Vet WR.

Yes we must fix our top 10 D(probably more realistic than #2) so it stops draging down our bottom 5 Offense.  

6 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

I don't either, and that is unfortunate because some big, ballsy trades could really turn this team into a Super Bowl contender next season. 

Whats the point of all the cap space if you aren't going to use it though? They harp on resigning their own, but that is YEARS down the line.

They will spend some of it because they have to spend 85% over a 3 year period.

10 hours ago, Rufridr101 said:

I understand people wanting to trade for a receiver but I don't think it's the best recipe for success. Trading for a veteran receiver with a young quarterback has disaster written all over it.  One trade that makes sense for the bills is Sean Lee here's why, teams hammered us with running game because of tremaine Edmunds lack of instincts.  Sean Lee has one year left on his deal and Dallas needs cap space.  This isn't going to be overly expensive and can help our young linebackers tremendously.  Sean Lee would play a early running downs and mentoring the young bucks 

I wonder what three games he’d be healthy for 

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Rufridr101 said:

I understand people wanting to trade for a receiver but I don't think it's the best recipe for success. Trading for a veteran receiver with a young quarterback has disaster written all over it.  One trade that makes sense for the bills is Sean Lee here's why, teams hammered us with running game because of tremaine Edmunds lack of instincts.  Sean Lee has one year left on his deal and Dallas needs cap space.  This isn't going to be overly expensive and can help our young linebackers tremendously.  Sean Lee would play a early running downs and mentoring the young bucks 

I’d rather keep the draft pick and sign Thomas Davis instead of trading for a guy that’s injured 95% of the time

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I don't think we draft 10 players, so either the picks are used to move around the board, or we make trades for young vets. Five trade targets come to mind for me. 

Tyler Higbee - Tight end of the Rams, has lost some playing time to Gerald Everett and is running as a #2, but he has #1 potential. Apparently the Vikings tried to swipe him for a 7th round pick and the Rams wanted a 6th. I would totally offer a 6th round pick for Higbee. His numbers aren't huge, but he shows lots of flashes of potential as both a receiver and blocker. I think he'd be a great fit. I think he could do more if he was more of a focal point in an offense. 26 years old. 

Forrest Lamp - Guard Chargers. This guy had huge potential in the draft a couple of years ago as a left tackle from WKU, who was being converted to guard. Great feet, power and instincts. He tore his ACL before his rookie season. Was ready to go this year and was left on the bench, mostly a healthy scratch. He seems like the type of guy San Diego may just want to move on from and recoup what they could at this point. I am not sure why they didn't get him on teh field at all, but seems like a nice buy low. I'd offer them a 5th or 6th. 24, about to be 25 years old. 

Alex Lewis - Guard Ravens. Again another guy who could be a buy low type. Lewis has been in an out of the lineup as a guard. He's a former 4th round pick and tackle who was converted to guard. When he's played, he's been very good. He is entering teh last year of his rookie contract and I don't think Baltimore can re-sign him and they have some depth to replace him. He would be a huge upgrade if acquired. 26 years old, turning 27. 

Allen Robinson - WR Bears. He got a big contract from the Bears, but he is replaceable for them. With the emergence of Anthony Miller, perhaps they look to cut ties. If they trade him pre 3/15/19, they get some huge cap savings. I'd bet they would be willing to part with him for next to nothing if offered a trade before 3/15. Robinson is just 25 years old turning 26. 

Michael Brockers - DT Rams. So Brockers, like Robinson, could probably be had for almost nothing if a trade is made pre 3/15. The Rams get huge cap savings and a miniscule amount of dad cap if they can get someone to trade for Brockers pre 3/15. Dude is still very young and a perfect fit as a 3 tech in our defense. 28 years old. 

I like the thinking that went into the post but why would the Chargers trade a solid player on their rookie contract for a lowball offer?  Makes zero sense.  If anything, he'd make great depth for that team if he is indeed a solid player.  What's in it for the Chargers to make this deal?  

Not a big fan - but the WRs available in FA aren't great - Maybe see what it would take to pry agholor from the eagles.  Could be a 1 year bridge while a rookie gets up to speed, and he's on his 5th year option and the Eagles are already over the cap before they tag Foles.  If he does well and leaves, we can get a comp pick - if he doesn't we probably didn't give up a ton.

Slot flexibility, but enough size to play outside.  Good route runner.  Can return punts/kicks in a pinch.  

2 hours ago, Buffalo30 said:

I like the thinking that went into the post but why would the Chargers trade a solid player on their rookie contract for a lowball offer?  Makes zero sense.  If anything, he'd make great depth for that team if he is indeed a solid player.  What's in it for the Chargers to make this deal?  

I think you make a great point. I'm assuming they just don't like him and would simply want to get what they can. He was a healthy scratch the entire season, so they didn't even look to him to be the primary back up in the interior. He might technically be damaged goods, but for us, it is worth the risk. For them it's just about getting something for a guy whose prospect shine still might be there a bit. 

3 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I think you make a great point. I'm assuming they just don't like him and would simply want to get what they can. He was a healthy scratch the entire season, so they didn't even look to him to be the primary back up in the interior. He might technically be damaged goods, but for us, it is worth the risk. For them it's just about getting something for a guy whose prospect shine still might be there a bit. 

Drafted by a different regime for a different scheme. We have agreed on this before Eps - I'm totally on board with offering something for Lamp. Would be all over Robinson as well if available - think the Bears would be mad to trade him. Could live with Lewis though I see him as a swing / backup / low end starter type. Brockers is a move I make later in the offseason if I think I have the roster in a position to compete immediately. Hard pass on the Tight End. There are better options in FA.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I just don't think that they are a good enough offensive line to give up on a second round pick so early.  He's under a very reasonable contract and isn't hurting anyone.  Unless a team really wants him and puts up an enticing offer than they might move him but a 5th rounder doesn't do much IMO.  

9 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Drafted by a different regime for a different scheme. We have agreed on this before Eps - I'm totally on board with offering something for Lamp. Would be all over Robinson as well if available - think the Bears would be mad to trade him. Could live with Lewis though I see him as a swing / backup / low end starter type. Brockers is a move I make later in the offseason if I think I have the roster in a position to compete immediately. Hard pass on the Tight End. There are better options in FA.

It was Alynn’s call. He didn’t want to break up the 5 that had started up until the bye week when Lamp was ready to play.  

Obviously, I wanted to play," Lamp said. "I really wasn't ready until Week 7 or Week 8, right after that bye week. And by then it's just too late -- that's what Coach Lynn told me. You have an O-line that's been playing together since April 16, when OTAs started, and they've been together for three or four months, so you're not going to break that up."

Edited by YoloinOhio

9 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I got a hundred bucks that says you would be all in on Cook...