What do you want to see this offseason: TRADES

YoloinOhio

41 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

How does that have disaster written all over it?

The Bills receiving corps as a whole is pretty bad at the moment. Considering the lack of recievers available in FA a trade is the best route. 

Don't think the Bills can afford the risk of counting on a early round draft pick to fill the void/be the only big addition at WR. IMO a trade for a big time reicever such as Julio or Bryant would go a long way for this offense and Allen. 

If Dawkins' mediocre performance this year proved anything it's not to assume that just handing a great starting opportunity to a player who had a good rookie year is a good idea.

I love what Foster did last year but I think you have to treat this WR corps like all 3 spots are up for grabs.

Barring a trade for Julio or AB they aren't likely to find a real stud WR1..........but there are a lot of FA X/Z types with untapped upside and of course plenty of good slot WR options.........guys good enough to at least push Foster and Zay and McKenzie.

51 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Peters certainly looks done, doesn't he?

Fournette coming here would be interesting after his antics at New Era this past season.

Peters looks great...........except when he looks injured.

You have to presume he's probably done......... but he crushed Khalil Mack in that WC game.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I don't think we draft 10 players, so either the picks are used to move around the board, or we make trades for young vets. Five trade targets come to mind for me. 

Tyler Higbee - Tight end of the Rams, has lost some playing time to Gerald Everett and is running as a #2, but he has #1 potential. Apparently the Vikings tried to swipe him for a 7th round pick and the Rams wanted a 6th. I would totally offer a 6th round pick for Higbee. His numbers aren't huge, but he shows lots of flashes of potential as both a receiver and blocker. I think he'd be a great fit. I think he could do more if he was more of a focal point in an offense. 26 years old. 

Forrest Lamp - Guard Chargers. This guy had huge potential in the draft a couple of years ago as a left tackle from WKU, who was being converted to guard. Great feet, power and instincts. He tore his ACL before his rookie season. Was ready to go this year and was left on the bench, mostly a healthy scratch. He seems like the type of guy San Diego may just want to move on from and recoup what they could at this point. I am not sure why they didn't get him on teh field at all, but seems like a nice buy low. I'd offer them a 5th or 6th. 24, about to be 25 years old. 

Alex Lewis - Guard Ravens. Again another guy who could be a buy low type. Lewis has been in an out of the lineup as a guard. He's a former 4th round pick and tackle who was converted to guard. When he's played, he's been very good. He is entering teh last year of his rookie contract and I don't think Baltimore can re-sign him and they have some depth to replace him. He would be a huge upgrade if acquired. 26 years old, turning 27. 

Allen Robinson - WR Bears. He got a big contract from the Bears, but he is replaceable for them. With the emergence of Anthony Miller, perhaps they look to cut ties. If they trade him pre 3/15/19, they get some huge cap savings. I'd bet they would be willing to part with him for next to nothing if offered a trade before 3/15. Robinson is just 25 years old turning 26. 

Michael Brockers - DT Rams. So Brockers, like Robinson, could probably be had for almost nothing if a trade is made pre 3/15. The Rams get huge cap savings and a miniscule amount of dad cap if they can get someone to trade for Brockers pre 3/15. Dude is still very young and a perfect fit as a 3 tech in our defense. 28 years old. 

Some interesting ideas hear... some good thinking!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The Bills could sure use a good veteran WR. The problem is that in order to obtain one, they'd need to part with high draft picks. I don't see the Bills, who are still in the early stages of a rebuild/youth movement, wanting to part with high picks -- which represent young, cheap labor -- in order to obtain older, more expensive players.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

You’re being fecitious, right? 

Every team is eyeing our roster, from DL, LB, TE to DB.

anyway, I’d love to see a big play for a DL superstar pass rusher.

Not really. I think everyone they have kept on this team is a part of the future except maybe McCoy and Clay. I don't see them getting rid of anybody unless they get someone better. Anyone they replace probably isn't worth much on the trading block.

Edited by bmur66

2 hours ago, Rufridr101 said:

I understand people wanting to trade for a receiver but I don't think it's the best recipe for success. Trading for a veteran receiver with a young quarterback has disaster written all over it.  One trade that makes sense for the bills is Sean Lee here's why, teams hammered us with running game because of tremaine Edmunds lack of instincts.  Sean Lee has one year left on his deal and Dallas needs cap space.  This isn't going to be overly expensive and can help our young linebackers tremendously.  Sean Lee would play a early running downs and mentoring the young bucks 

So trading for a vet linebacker can be an asset for our younger defensive players -- but trading for a WR to help mentor our younger offensive players has "disaster written all over it?"

Edited by Golden Goat
  • Like (+1) 1

I would prefer they target desean Jackson. You can probably get him for a 5th. He has a 10-11 million dollar cap hit. Basically a one year rental. Next offseason maybe there’s better free agents or trade possibilities or maybe whatever receivers they draft turn into studs. Jackson isn’t elite but he still has speed and defenses have to respect that with Allen’s arm. He wouldn’t post huge numbers here but they’d probably be better than his Tampa numbers playing second fiddle to Evans and their young receivers. Helps eat some cap this year and also gets you a veteran weapon for the offense. Next year Jackson and McCoy along with others are off the books and you have some more cap flexibility. He does carry injury risks as most do, but he’s a returner as well and will be highly motivated to have a great season for what’s going to be his final contract probably next year. Oh and there’s supposedly a shady connection of them being buddies. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Golden Goat said:

So trading for a vet linebacker can be an asset for our younger defensive players -- but trading for a WR to help mentor our younger offensive players has "disaster written all over it?"

A lot of people apparently think the vet wr will whine and complain if Allen struggles, not that a proven successful  wr could actually help Allen and give him a reliable weapon 

Edited by Pbomb
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Logic said:

The Bills could sure use a good veteran WR. The problem is that in order to obtain one, they'd need to part with high draft picks. I don't see the Bills, who are still in the early stages of a rebuild/youth movement, wanting to part with high picks -- which represent young, cheap labor -- in order to obtain older, more expensive players.

i do not know about wr but thev te from the vikings would look good over 7 million dollar cap hit this year they cannot afford him kyle rudolph take him in a minute

36 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I don't either, and that is unfortunate because some big, ballsy trades could really turn this team into a Super Bowl contender next season. 

Whats the point of all the cap space if you aren't going to use it though? They harp on resigning their own, but that is YEARS down the line.

calm down dr. saltenstein.

Edited by teef
  • Haha (+1) 1

The only position I'd like to see the Bills trade for is WR1  (I think they already have some potential WR2 and WR3s on the roster and I don't see any potential WR1s in FA.  Plus if there were any, they definitely wouldn't sign here unless the Bills offered them a monster contract)

I'd give up an early pick for Julio Jones.  Or a mid pick for AJ Green and draft a WR in round 1.  I think WR1 is the biggest need on the team and will also probably be the most difficult position to address in the draft or FA.  

Trade for Kuechly.

Trade for JJ and TJ Watt

Trade for both Bosas

Trade for Vander Esch

Trade for Kerrigan

Line and Lbs are set for years.

Trade for Cooper Kupp

Sign Adam Humphries to a long term contract

Same for Jesse James, Mitch Morse.

Draft TJ Hockenson and Greedy, David Sills V, Hunter Renfrow, & Isabella if you can by trading down.

3 hours ago, oozingodot said:

i do not know about wr but thev te from the vikings would look good over 7 million dollar cap hit this year they cannot afford him kyle rudolph take him in a minute

There is ZERO chance Minnesota let’s Rudolph out the door. They can trade/release plenty of people before they’d ever consider letting him go. 

• Like (+1) 1

Trading anyone who is a potential cap casualty would be good but probably not so likely....so clay and mccoy are at the top of that list.  In terms of people to trade for I am not so sure, there are a lot of needs so find potential targets (people who dont fit their current system or cap targets) and go after them.