What do you want to see this offseason: TRADES

YoloinOhio

I feel like I’ve been wishing for a WR trade for while now so that’s no surprise. The reason is that it seems like the only route to obtain a good, experienced WR. I think the Bills will need to overpay in the FA market for anyone decent just due to the still evolving QB/passing offense. Any good WR with options would not have a strong interest in going to the Bills imo. And while I definitely still want to draft one relatively high in addition to trading for one, it’s rare to get WR1 production out of a rookie and that’s what they need. They also really need a strong reliable veteran presence in the WR group. I don’t have a name in mind... because it would be someone not “on the market” right now

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I feel like I’ve been wishing for a WR trade for while now so that’s no surprise. The reason is that it seems like the only route to obtain a good, experienced WR. I think the Bills will need to overpay in the FA market for anyone decent just due to the still evolving QB/passing offense. Any good WR with options would not have a strong interest in going to the Bills imo. And while I definitely still want to draft one relatively high in addition to trading for one, it’s rare to get WR1 production out of a rookie and that’s what they need. They also really need a strong reliable veteran presence in the WR group. 

I think this is the only way, this offseason, the Bills get a WR1. I don't believe there is one in the draft and certainly isn't one in FA. Not sure Beane is the type to go for a big time trade.

5 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

I think this is the only way, this offseason, the Bills get a WR1. I don't believe there is one in the draft and certainly isn't one in FA. Not sure Beane is the type to go for a big time trade.

While I don’t have a name in mind, I think you could target a team with cap issues, that is also rebuilding/coaching/scheme change and has a good WR taking up cap space,  that they would unload for a reasonable draft pick either this year or next year for the Bills to take on the contract. 

• Like (+1) 1

If the Bills pull off an off season trade, I think it will be for a WR.  However, I don't see Beane doing a trade.  I think he will trade up and down during the draft.  I see the Bills drafting a WR in either the 1st or probably 2nd round.  I get the sense Beane will use this off season to fix the oline and dline primarily through free agency and draft.

Edited by DCbillsfan

1 hour ago, Wayne Cubed said:

There's several in the draft and Tate/Williams in FA. I don't see them giving up any picks. It will be all FA-draft.

I do not think there is going to be any trades...however, if I had a wish list, grabbing an Elite WR would be it in either Julio, AJ, or Brown.  But I really do not expect Beane to do this given this is such a DEEP draft at WR, and Beane has on many occasions stated that he believes in building through the draft.  He covets those picks and the cap space, so really doubt he makes a splashy move at WR via trade.  

I am not even expecting him to trade someone off our team to get more picks.  They already have 10 picks, and if Washington trade down happens, that could be 11 or 12 picks.  Thats a lot of players to draft, so if he somehow acquired even more picks via trade, then I would expect him to be aggressive in trading up at some point during the draft in spots to grab a player he covets with some of the assets.  Like maybe trade back up into the bottom of the first to grab someone like Risner, Hockenson, Fant, one of the many WR's, etc. 

• Like (+1) 1

I don't think we draft 10 players, so either the picks are used to move around the board, or we make trades for young vets. Five trade targets come to mind for me. 

Tyler Higbee - Tight end of the Rams, has lost some playing time to Gerald Everett and is running as a #2, but he has #1 potential. Apparently the Vikings tried to swipe him for a 7th round pick and the Rams wanted a 6th. I would totally offer a 6th round pick for Higbee. His numbers aren't huge, but he shows lots of flashes of potential as both a receiver and blocker. I think he'd be a great fit. I think he could do more if he was more of a focal point in an offense. 26 years old. 

Forrest Lamp - Guard Chargers. This guy had huge potential in the draft a couple of years ago as a left tackle from WKU, who was being converted to guard. Great feet, power and instincts. He tore his ACL before his rookie season. Was ready to go this year and was left on the bench, mostly a healthy scratch. He seems like the type of guy San Diego may just want to move on from and recoup what they could at this point. I am not sure why they didn't get him on teh field at all, but seems like a nice buy low. I'd offer them a 5th or 6th. 24, about to be 25 years old. 

Alex Lewis - Guard Ravens. Again another guy who could be a buy low type. Lewis has been in an out of the lineup as a guard. He's a former 4th round pick and tackle who was converted to guard. When he's played, he's been very good. He is entering teh last year of his rookie contract and I don't think Baltimore can re-sign him and they have some depth to replace him. He would be a huge upgrade if acquired. 26 years old, turning 27. 

Allen Robinson - WR Bears. He got a big contract from the Bears, but he is replaceable for them. With the emergence of Anthony Miller, perhaps they look to cut ties. If they trade him pre 3/15/19, they get some huge cap savings. I'd bet they would be willing to part with him for next to nothing if offered a trade before 3/15. Robinson is just 25 years old turning 26. 

Michael Brockers - DT Rams. So Brockers, like Robinson, could probably be had for almost nothing if a trade is made pre 3/15. The Rams get huge cap savings and a miniscule amount of dad cap if they can get someone to trade for Brockers pre 3/15. Dude is still very young and a perfect fit as a 3 tech in our defense. 28 years old. 

• Like (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Thanks for this thread:

Here is a wish list I made a week ago -

Plan 1.0 Soothe things over with Poyer and trade for Antonio Brown

Plan 1.1 Trade for Julio Jones

Plan 2.0 (if not 1.0 or 1.1) Trade for DeSean Jackson

Plan 3.0 Trade for Leonard Fournette / Trade McCoy to the Eagles for Jason Peters

Plan 4.0 Trade for Malik Jackson

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I feel like I’ve been wishing for a WR trade for while now so that’s no surprise. The reason is that it seems like the only route to obtain a good, experienced WR. I think the Bills will need to overpay in the FA market for anyone decent just due to the still evolving QB/passing offense. Any good WR with options would not have a strong interest in going to the Bills imo. And while I definitely still want to draft one relatively high in addition to trading for one, it’s rare to get WR1 production out of a rookie and that’s what they need. They also really need a strong reliable veteran presence in the WR group. I don’t have a name in mind... because it would be someone not “on the market” right now

John Ross. Hope the Bengals sell low on a struggling first rounder.

• Like (+1) 3

I understand people wanting to trade for a receiver but I don't think it's the best recipe for success. Trading for a veteran receiver with a young quarterback has disaster written all over it.  One trade that makes sense for the bills is Sean Lee here's why, teams hammered us with running game because of tremaine Edmunds lack of instincts.  Sean Lee has one year left on his deal and Dallas needs cap space.  This isn't going to be overly expensive and can help our young linebackers tremendously.  Sean Lee would play a early running downs and mentoring the young bucks 

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Thanks for this thread:

Here is a wish list I made a week ago -

Plan 1.0 Soothe things over with Poyer and trade for Antonio Brown

Plan 1.1 Trade for Julio Jones

Plan 2.0 (if not 1.0 or 1.1) Trade for DeSean Jackson

Plan 3.0 Trade for Leonard Fournette / Trade McCoy to the Eagles for Jason Peters

Plan 4.0 Trade for Malik Jackson

Peters certainly looks done, doesn't he?

Fournette coming here would be interesting after his antics at New Era this past season.