What do you want to see this offseason: Free Agency

YoloinOhio

On 2/13/2019 at 9:15 PM, Steve Billieve said:

There are other people who do what he does, but they don't make what he does.  There's not even an upside to the contract, it started out bad and can only get worse.  Isn't he our highest paid player this year? You can't play role players like that!  A couple more contracts like his and we'll be headed for another cap hell repeat of this year.

Name names.

I'm having a really hard time narrowing down who I want the Bills to sign. I want to try to be realistic because I know the Bills aren't just going to go on a spending spree. On the other hand, the team has tons of needs and there are MULTIPLE quality free agents on the market.

Everybody has already mentioned that we need a Center and an OT. Morse and Paradis are the big names for the former, whilst James, Williams, and Brown are the big names for the latter.

Everybody also knows we need WR help, and given how young that room is already, we could really use a veteran. I happen to think Tyrell Williams is the best fit and the only guy worth paying decently big money to. I think an offense with Williams on one side, Foster on the other, and Zay in the slot would be mightily effective.

One position I don't see many people mentioning is DT, specifically a 3T to replace Kyle Williams. Of all available players, it would be absolutely AMAZING if the Bills found a way to add Grady Jarrett. He is just now coming into his prime and is an absolute beast. The only problem is that I sort of doubt the Bills would commit big money to the position, given what they're already spending on Star.

While I'm at it, there are some great LBs on the market that would be a solid fit in McDermott's scheme. KJ Wright, Shaquille Barrett, and Anthony Barr could all play the Lorenzo Alexander role after he retires. 

Last but not least, I know the Bills are "set" at safety. I also know McDermott loves 3-safety formations and defensive versatility. I know the Bills WON'T sign Landon Collins, but I sure wish they could find a way to do so. He is a total monster and, like Grady Jarrett above, is just now coming into his prime. Having him in the fold would free up the very versatile Hyde and Poyer to move all around the formation and give McDermott unrivaled versatility in his defense.

Quite the free agent crop. Hard to narrow it down.

• Thank you (+1) 3

Mitch Morse to me should be their number 1 target. Or Paradis, but I feel like we’ll use more gap and power schemes than zone, which points to Morse. 

Secondly I’d go after Tyrell Williams. He’d be their instant #1. It might be “overpaying”, but I think he might come in under what Sammy got last year, and he’s a better player in my opinion. 

Third big one would be a depth corner. That group needs a solid veteran to challenge Wallace.

Fourth would be a tight end. But I think they plan of signing and drafting one regardless.

After these moves they’d be able to focus their 1st three picks on Tackle, Tight End and Defensive line. 

4 hours ago, N.Y. Orangeman said:

RT Darryl Williams (2 of the OL)

C Mitch Morse

G AJ Cann 

RT Jawuan James

RB Jay Ajayi

DE Dion Jordan

I don’t know what it is about Ajayi. Every team seems to give up on him quickly. I DO know he’s a Bill-killer.. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/18/2019 at 5:58 PM, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...why is this one taking so long?......CERTAINLY should NOT be a mega deal.....

I think the timing is about right. His agent can gauge his market as early as next week at the combine (illegal tampering period), and then the deals start getting done with UFAs. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

I hope the bills do some due diligence this FA period.  I would like bills to go after

Rodger Saffold

Daryl Williams

Kareem Jackson

Tevin Coleman/Lat.Murrary

Aaron Lynch.

Then they can really attack this years draft with the 10 picks they got.

10 hours ago, CommonCents said:

His knee has been bone on bone since college. Charles Clay of RBs. 

...confident McBeane and his gang will find a quality RB via the draft later vs sooner.....Barkley kid was an anamoly......Zeke?......needs to show more...Fournette? as much as I can't stand him, Neon Deion called him out on NFLN as a wuss prior to the start of the 2017 NFL playoffs.....said he was tentative, stopped hitting the hole and was afraid to take a hit.....pretty much quit on Jax IMO....

23 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...confident McBeane and his gang will find a quality RB via the draft later vs sooner.....Barkley kid was an anamoly......Zeke?......needs to show more...Fournette? as much as I can't stand him, Neon Deion called him out on NFLN as a wuss prior to the start of the 2017 NFL playoffs.....said he was tentative, stopped hitting the hole and was afraid to take a hit.....pretty much quit on Jax IMO....

Yep. They just need to take a mid round swing and nail it. 

• Like (+1) 1

• SDS unpinned this topic

The one free agent every NFL team must sign in 2019

Buffalo Bills: OT Trent Brown

2018 team: Patriots | Age: 26

Over the past two seasons, at right tackle for the 49ers in 2017 and at left tackle for the Patriots in 2018, Brown has given up only 51 total pressures on 995 pass-blocking snaps. That pressure rate of 5.1 percent not only puts him among the top 20 tackles in that span, but it's tied with Andrew Whitworth and Bryan Bulaga, who are two of the league's best at the position. With Jordan Mills set to face free agency, Brown has the potential to shore things up on the Bills' offensive line.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/26097510/the-one-free-agent-every-nfl-team-sign-2019

• Like (+1) 3

I think the way Beane has been speaking, the emphasis will be placed on finding Allen protection up front, particularly up front. 

Paradis, Morse, Saffold, Daryl Williams, will all he sought after. 

I think we see them willing to spend some more money than normal on Paradis/Morse as well. Getting one of these two makes Allen’s life considerably more easy in that they will be able to make the line calls before the play and change blocking assignments. 

After that I think they will put money into any available pass rushers they bring in, particularly on the interior.

They will then use the draft on offensive line depth, receiver, tight end, and running back, in no particular order. 

On 2/14/2019 at 4:15 AM, Steve Billieve said:

There are other people who do what he does, but they don't make what he does.  There's not even an upside to the contract, it started out bad and can only get worse.  Isn't he our highest paid player this year? You can't play role players like that!  A couple more contracts like his and we'll be headed for another cap hell repeat of this year.

Yea u can't pay a guy 10+ mil per yr to play less then 40% of snaps. Run stuffers are easy to find . Star contract is a horrible deal.  

• Thank you (+1) 1