What do you want to see this offseason: Free Agency

YoloinOhio

7 hours ago, Juice_32 said:

Give me OT Daryl Williams, C Mitch Morse, WR Adam Humphries, TE Jesse James and DL Jordan Phillips in FA.

Then trade back in the first for another 2nd and draft DL Wilkins, WR Harmon, G Risner, TE Knox, and BPA the rest of the way with a RB and CB somewhere in there.

This is pretty much lockstep for what I would like to see free agent wise. My RB of choice is Elijah Holyfield. And I'm ok with Humphries as long as we get a speed WR in the draft high up.

57 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

I'm not sure why the game is setup with one from each position.  Why not 3 from the 5 million slot?  Or any combo that gets to 15 mill? 

Going with the one player in each, I get: Paradis; Jessie James; Trent Brown; Jordan Phillips; and Cole Beasley.  

Going just to 15 in any manner: Paradis (5 million); Jessie James (4 million); T. Williams (4 million) Adam Humphreys (1 million); Jordan Phillips (1 million);   

Usually they are one from each column and $15 total. 

22 minutes ago, brianthomas said:

In past threads i've seen some suggest that we sign Kareem Hunt on a one year prove it deal. Well you can scratch that off your list. Cleveland just signed him today.

I see all these other teams making moves, while our Bills & Sabres do nothing. Patience is a virtue is they say, well then nobody is as virtuous as us Bills fans

The only players who can be signed right now are guys who were cut.  3 guys have been signed.  I don't know what you think the Bills are missing out on right now.

45 minutes ago, brianthomas said:

In past threads i've seen some suggest that we sign Kareem Hunt on a one year prove it deal. Well you can scratch that off your list. Cleveland just signed him today.

I see all these other teams making moves, while our Bills & Sabres do nothing. Patience is a virtue is they say, well then nobody is as virtuous as us Bills fans

This is a new one. I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone run out of patience BEFORE the start of FA. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

More than anything, I'd like to see the Bills roll some sizable cap space (30-50mil) over to next year when hopefully the FA pool is better, we have a better idea of what positions we need help at, and we have a better idea of what we have at QB.  My biggest fear is that Beane will feel pressure to win now and put us back in Cap jail by overpaying for average talent.

I'd like to see the Bills go out and sign the best Center and best Tackle they can get. After that maybe a few cheap depth signings here and there and roll the rest over to 2020.

Ok here's my best guess at OBD targets in FA signing period.  I don't think Beane shoots for the stars but tries to add some under rated talent at positions of need that help offense run the ball and pass more efficiently. They like signing guys who have injury question marks as buys down cost.  Excerpts from WalterFootball.

Offense

Jon Halapio, C, Giants. Age: 28. 3rd ranked Offensive C.  Better than what we got currently - a tough guy too!
Jon Halapio had a promising start to his 2018 campaign, but suffered a broken ankle in the early going that sidelined him for the year. Halapio looks like he's going to be a solid starting center in the NFL over the next five years. 

Daryl Williams, OT, Panthers. Age: 27.  Top ranked RT.  Mauler in run game.
Daryl Williams was sorely missed in 2018. He played just one game because of a knee injury. Williams is Carolina's best offensive lineman, and he's only 27 (in August), so he's still due a large contract despite barely playing last year. 

Geronimo Allison (RFA), WR, Packers. Age: 25.  Would require submitting offer that forces GB to walk away.  Front loaded 2 year deal.  Can play x receiver spot - only 25 too.
Geronimo Allison has a tremendous amount of potential. Just 24 throughout the 2018 campaign, Allison caught at least five passes in all but one of his first four games before suffering a season-ending groin injury. Allison should bounce back in 2019, perhaps even with a Pro Bowl-caliber campaign if Aaron Rodgers remains 100 percent throughout the year. 

Same thing on D, not necessarily household names but strong players at point of attack up front and some versatility at 2nd and 3rd levels.  Who knew Hyde/Poyer or Trent Murphy by name the past 2 years?

Defense

Trey Flowers, DE, Patriots. Age: 26. star.gifstar.gifstar.gifstar.gifhalfstar.gif Hurts Pats and helps us buy insurance for Hughes and/or Shaq leaving and Murphy being unavailable due to injury - chess piece!
If you want proof that Trey Flowers was crucial to New England's defense last year, consider that he missed the Jacksonville and Detroit games (was knocked out on the opening drive versus the Jaguars), and New England lost both contests despite those opponents failing to make the playoffs. Flowers is an exceptional talent as both a pass rusher and a run stopper. He's just 26 (in August), so he should continue to improve his game. 

Christian Covington, DE/DT, Texans. Age: 25.  Not too worried on pass rush as Bills can use a Turbo package on pass downs with Zo/Shaq at DT and Murphy/Hughes outside.
Christian Covington is one of the top run-stuffing defensive linemen in the NFL. His pass-rushing skills need work, but he won't turn 26 until October, so he has plenty of time to develop moves to get to the quarterback. 

Resign Jordan Philips as well at DT.

Trevor Williams (RFA), CB, Chargers. Age: 25.  $2-3mm per year likely gets him as coming off injury.  RFA offer required - was a UDFA
Trevor Williams was excellent in 2017. Unfortunately for him, he had an injury-ravaged 2018 campaign. Williams was hobbled with an early ankle injury, then was lost for the year because of a knee issue. He's young enough to bounce back next year.  

Shaq Barrett, DE/OLB, Broncos. Age: 26.  A Zo replacement that gets a year to be mentored by Zo.  7 FF and 14 sacks in 14 career starts!
Shaq Barrett is a solid situational pass-rusher who plays the run well, too. Barrett didn't have a chance to compete for a starting job behind Von Miller and Bradley Chubb. Perhaps he'll get that chance elsewhere. 

I feel OBD looks for matches to our schemes than goes for the under-utilized player with some tread left on tires that they can get on a long term team friendly deal.  Only Daryl Williams and Trey Flowers will be big $$ signings.  The other signees will be better than the player they’re replacing and plug into lineup as a starter or part of rotation on D.

Edited by freddyjj
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

It's imperative we sign 2 OL at least. I doubt we're able to draft 3 starters and get them to learn the nuances of playing OL in the league quickly enough to help Josh out this year. We need a vet C and and I'd like to sign a LG to push Dawkins' development along. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Golden Tate would cost more because he's actually productive.  Humphries as I mentioned is also a way better option than Cobb.  Foster and Zay really came on at the end of last year, I don't think we need to pay for an expensive WR coach or take our young players off the field in favor of a guy who hasn't been good for 4 seasons despite playing with arguably the best QB in the league.

IDK. I’d be pretty happy to add a receiver that provides 60 receptions, 600 yards, 4 tds, and the ability to return kicks (average of last 4 seasons)... All while not getting in trouble off the field, getting taunting penalties, or providing opponents with bulletin board material. 

Beane has money to spend. There are definitely better options than Cobb. I’m just not sure there’s a better value. Time will tell. 

9 hours ago, BillsFan1988 said:

We could of had Sammy for that money.  

Oh you mean the guy who’s had as many 1000yd seasons as Williams, just not as recently? And has chronic injury issues, unlike Williams?

Names are nice but I think I’d rather spend my cap space on the 6’4” guy who has good wheels and can stay on the field. 

At minimum we have to secure our C. I expect either Mat Paradis or Mitch Morse to be a Bill. Continuing in upgrading our OL I think that G Ramon Foster and Ja’Wuan James would be great additions for us. Staying on the offensive side of the ball 1 of these 2 WRs would solidify our WR position. They are both former 1st rd picks and eerily share the same jersey number (#11) and were taken in the same draft and hat would be DeVante Parker, if he gets released, or Kevin White. I would to see that come to fruition, I feel that that would make a great WR room, players that need to resurrect their careers. Now on the defensive side of the ball I would be absolutely shocked if DT Gerald McCoy doesn’t become a Bill.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

At minimum we have to secure our C. I expect either Mat Paradis or Mitch Morse to be a Bill. Continuing in upgrading our OL I think that G Ramon Foster and Ja’Wuan James would be great additions for us. Staying on the offensive side of the ball 1 of these 2 WRs would solidify our WR position. They are both former 1st rd picks and eerily share the same jersey number (#11) and were taken in the same draft and hat would be DeVante Parker, if he gets released, or Kevin White. I would to see that come to fruition, I feel that that would make a great WR room, players that need to resurrect their careers. Now on the defensive side of the ball I would be absolutely shocked if DT Gerald McCoy doesn’t become a Bill.

This would be a fantastic haul in FA.  Center is clearly the number 1 priority, with G and T 1a.  Filling even two of these positions with quality starters would be a win - all three a home run. While looking for a good WR prospect in the draft is also a priority, I would rather find an experienced WR in FA who can contribute immediately.  Rather than 2 WR in FA, I would like to see a TE as the next priority.

McCoy makes a great deal of sense for the Bills, and I would love to see this happen.

It doesn’t sound like a Golden Tate contract extension is in the works

Posted by Josh Alper on February 12, 2019, 6:41 AM EST

Wide receiver Golden Tate said last month that he is hopeful that his time with the Eagles is “not coming to an end” after the impending free agent joined the team in a midseason trade with the Lions.

Eagles executive vice president of football operations Howie Roseman said he felt good about making that trade despite middling production –30 catches for 278 yards — from Tate during the regular season. He didn’t say anything about the team’s plans on the extension front and a tweet from Tate on Monday suggests he hasn’t said anything to the wideout either.

if I was to write a wish list it might be like this...

frank clark .edge rusher.. seatlle

dee ford olb… kc 

Williams ot.. carolina

tj yeldon rb…. jax

trey flower or brown ,,just to piss off  patriots

I think cut day before fa is going to bring some surprise names ,

lots of teams going to have cap trouble

• Like (+1) 1