What do you want to see this offseason: Free Agency

YoloinOhio

Trent Brown, LT

Replacing Nate Solder in New England, Brown was outstanding in his first season after coming over from San Francisco. The former seventh-round pick is one of the biggest offensive linemen in the league and probably deserving of a Pro Bowl appearance through four seasons. Now proving he can handle the left side, Brown is in for a huge payday. It will be interesting to see how much interest the Pats have in retaining him, especially after spending a first-round pick on Isaiah Wynn in 2018.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/the-top-40-nfl-free-agents/ss-BBTiy3j?ocid=spartanntp#image=20

Give me OT Daryl Williams, C Mitch Morse, WR Adam Humphries, TE Jesse James and DL Jordan Phillips in FA.

Then trade back in the first for another 2nd and draft DL Wilkins, WR Harmon, G Risner, TE Knox, and BPA the rest of the way with a RB and CB somewhere in there.

25 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

@RyanTalbotBills put this on Twitter yesterday https://www.newyorkupstate.com/expo/sports/g66l-2019/02/758e3a7e581264/be-the-gm-play-the-buffalo-bills-15-2019-free-agent-challenge.html and it looked like fun. Using this game I’ll take Brown, Maxx Williams, Paradis, Daryl Williams and Jordan Phillips.

I like Nick Boyle more than Maxx Williams.

34 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

@RyanTalbotBills put this on Twitter yesterday https://www.newyorkupstate.com/expo/sports/g66l-2019/02/758e3a7e581264/be-the-gm-play-the-buffalo-bills-15-2019-free-agent-challenge.html and it looked like fun. Using this game I’ll take Brown, Maxx Williams, Paradis, Daryl Williams and Jordan Phillips.

I'm going to cheat and use my $15 on:  Paradis / Saffold / Trent Brown / Maxx Williams / Humphries / Phillips.

my list is generic 

OL - we need improvement here across thre line. 

WR - we need improvement here  at the #1 spot 

TE - we need improvement here  

DE - we need improvement here at a minimum to get a pass rusher and to fill in Kyles departure. 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 2

Sign 3 starting offensive lineman. Center, Guard, Tackle.

Sign Adam Humphries, WR

Resign Jordan Phillips, DT

If we DONT trade down with Washington, then I would sign a TE too like James or Harris.  If we are trading down, then I would use one of our then three picks in first 2 rounds to draft a TE instead of Free Agency.

Our FA's to re-sign:
Jordan Phillips, DT

Eddie Yarbrough, DE

Mike Love, DE

Reid Ferguson, LS ✔️

Lorenzo Alexander, OLB ✔️

Jeremiah Sirles, OL ✔️

UFA's I'd like:

Golden Tate, WR

Jermaine Kearse, WR

Tyler Kroft, TE

Mitch Morse, C

Quinton Spain, G

Ja'Wuan James, OT

Eric Rowe, CB/S

If I'm playing the $15 game, it's:

Morse, C ($3)

James, OT ($2)

Foster, G ($1)

Phillips, DT ($1)

Eifert, TE ($2)

Tate, WR ($5)

Humphries, WR ($1)

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

The Bills need a real deal Center this year, preferrably in free agency.  That'd be at the top of my shopping list.  

Given that the OL will have a new coach, you want somebody who has real game experience in properly executing line calls.  

No more half measures Walter.

4 minutes ago, dpberr said:

The Bills need a real deal Center this year, preferrably in free agency.  That'd be at the top of my shopping list.  

Given that the OL will have a new coach, you want somebody who has real game experience in properly executing line calls.  

No more half measures Walter.

I don’t have a link to it offhand, but I recall in one of his recent interviews Beane said he prefers a veteran at Center. Might have been a smokescreen or whatever,  but it wouldn’t surprise be if true especially with a developing young QB. If it is true, I would expect an upgrade at C acquired in FA or trade and wouldn’t expect a C drafted high (not to say they wouldn’t draft one at all, but they wouldn’t be targeting an immediate starting caliber C early) 

Edited by YoloinOhio

Humphries is a name I hadn't really considered, but I think he's very good as a slot guy.  I would be perfectly fine signing Humphries to lock down our slot and taking a WR in round 2-3 to go with Foster / Zay / Duke Williams.

Put the real money on the lines, especially guys like Saffold who might simply be victims of a cap squeeze on their current team.

• Like (+1) 2

Wish List:

1. Paradis or Morse

2. Daryl Williams or Trent Brown

3. Golden Tate or Robby Anderson (Jets are willing to go up to 12 mill a year - so we should probably have to go 14 mill a year)

4. Brandon Graham or Ziggy Ansah (Clowney and Lawrence will be too expensive I think - but I would pick em over these two if the price is right)

5. Thomas Davis

17 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t have a link to it offhand, but I recall in one of his recent interviews Beane said he prefers a veteran at Center. Might have been a smokescreen or whatever,  but it wouldn’t surprise be if true especially with a developing young QB. If it is true, I would expect an upgrade at C acquired in FA or trade and wouldn’t expect a C drafted high (not to say they wouldn’t draft one at all, but they wouldn’t be targeting an immediate starting caliber C early) 

Bandit had the great suggestion that Beane should try to swing a trade for Jason Kelce.

That would be an ideal player/personality/contract to add, IMO........and at this point, given their salary cap situation,  the Eagles might be comfortable with moving him and drafting a young C.   

I will share this tweet because I would like to see it and I think it has a decent chance of happening, since the Bills offered him a 3 year deal last year in FA. I do not think The Abolitionist will want to re-sign with the Ravens. The other team in the mix with the Ravens and Bills last year in FA for him was the Raiders, and they now have a different GM so they may or may not still be interested.