What do you want to see this offseason: DRAFT

YoloinOhio

8 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

In a perfect world so would I but it is next to impossible to get a great very good LT in any way other than the draft Scott.

Jmo, but I think that the Bills need to devote major resources to the OL, including early draft picks.

But if that guy isn't there in this class they shouldn't force it. My ideal is that there was a stud LT there in the draft and we could shift Dawkins inside to LG where I think he would be a star. I just don't think that option exists in this class so I'm okay with them riding Dawkins at LT again next year and using FA to improve the interior and the draft to try and find a RT (but not in the 1st round).

• Like (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

But if that guy isn't there in this class they shouldn't force it. My ideal is that there was a stud LT there in the draft and we could shift Dawkins inside to LG where I think he would be a star. I just don't think that option exists in this class so I'm okay with them riding Dawkins at LT again next year and using FA to improve the interior and the draft to try and find a RT (but not in the 1st round).

I agree with this, however if they think there IS a top quality LT, I think that they should pounce on the opportunity, which would protect the quarterback AND improve the running game.

I've found the premium where you can make trades also worth it. The GM stuff understandably has some bugs and you can't do player trades, but they are very responsive to any feedback, and it's still a lot of fun to do an off-season and gives you a feel for how much money we are actually working with this off-season. If we can convince players to come to Buffalo, even if we overpay, the money goes a long way. 

This is what I got and while highly unrealistic, if it happened I'd be jumping through a roof:

YOUR PICKS

1: R1P9

EDGE CLELIN FERRELL

CLEMSON

2: R2P9

WR DK METCALF

OLE MISS

3: R3P7

OT DAVID EDWARDS

WISCONSIN

4: R4P11

LB BOBBY OKEREKE

STANFORD

5: R4P29

TE ZACH GENTRY

MICHIGAN

• Like (+1) 1

Here is mine.  I set it on hard.  It seems unrealistic: 

DL QUINNEN WILLIAMS
ALABAMA

RB JOSH JACOBS  (can't pass up the best RB) 
ALABAMA

WR DEEBO SAMUEL  (another playmaker!) 
SOUTH CAROLINA

G BEN POWERS  (I figure OL is addressed in FA.  But here is another addition).  
OKLAHOMA

TE ISAAC NAUTA
GEORGIA
6: R5P10

EDGE L.J. COLLIER
TCU
7: R5P20

OT KALEB MCGARY
WASHINGTON
8: R6P9

CB HAMP CHEEVERS
BOSTON COLLEGE
9: R7P8

LB CAMERON SMITH
USC
10: R7P14

C SAM MUSTIPHER
NOTRE DAME
8 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

If we can bring in a bunch of FA offensive linemen, fine.  Otherwise, we'd better go OL first and often.  BTW, Metcalf won't last into the second round.

I think we address OL in FA.  I think MCD and Bean will want experience protecting JA and improving the running game.  

This is what I got on a 5 round mock I just did..no way this mock was close to realistic in general.  For instance it had N'Keal Harry go in the 3rd round.  Unless he runs a 4.57 or worse 40 just not happening.  And seriously doubt Metcalf lasts until the 2nd round too.

But, I LOVE this draft it would happen...which it won't.  lol.

Screen Shot 2019-02-21 at 10.38.40 AM.png

Edited by Alphadawg7

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

This is what I got on a 5 round mock I just did..no way this mock was close to realistic in general.  For instance it had N'Keal Harry go in the 3rd round.  Unless he runs a 4.57 or worse 40 just not happening.  And seriously doubt Metcalf lasts until the 2nd round too.

But, I LOVE this draft it would happen...which it won't.  lol.

Screen Shot 2019-02-21 at 10.38.40 AM.png

Samia will get you more penalties than the culture could possibly stand.

team-helmets-bills.png 
YOUR TEAM
BUFFALO BILLS
YOUR PICKS
 OT JONAH WILLIAMS
ALABAMA
 CB JOEJUAN WILLIAMS
VANDERBILT
WR ANTHONY RATLIFF-WILLIAMS
NORTH CAROLINA
 RB TRAYVEON WILLIAMS
TEXAS A&M
 RB DEXTER WILLIAMS
NOTRE DAME
6: R5P10
 RB AERIS WILLIAMS
MISSISSIPPI STATE
7: R5P20
 WR PRESTON WILLIAMS
COLORADO STATE
8: R6P9
CB ERIC GLOVER-WILLIAMS
OHIO STATE

That's harder than I thought.  I ran out of Williams to draft.
Edited by Peace Frog
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Samia will get you more penalties than the culture could possibly stand.

Honestly know very little about him, he was just the top G in simulator at that point and there wasn't really anyone else I was familiar with enough to want on the board still at that point.  

Who do you want in the second?

I'm going with Kaleb McGary.

Kaleb McGary | OT | Washington

Height | 6-8

Weight | 324

Class | Senior

College Bio

McGary is a four-year starter for the Huskies, and for his efforts, he won the 2018 Morris Trophy, which goes to the Pac-12’s top offensive lineman. McGary hasn’t received the same amount of love as the other offensive tackles in this year’s class, but he has shown to be a well-rounded player on film and at the Senior Bowl.

McGary’s got the ideal NFL frame, and plays with a combination of athleticism, mobility and power being a former basketball player. In pass protection, he’s got a quick kick and moves his feet fluidly. His frame allows him to wall off and center edge rushers on the perimeter. In the run game, he generates great movement through his power and long arms. He’s show to manipulate defenders with his length and use of angles.

https://draftwire.usatoday.com/2019/02/20/kaleb-mcgary-nfl-draft-profile/

On 2/20/2019 at 5:50 PM, Chandler#81 said:

There seems to be a lot of discussion on Jawaan Taylor in recent days on NFLRadio for Top 10 consideration at RT. 

I’ve watched every Gator game the past few seasons. I freely admit I don’t scout OL watching the college games, and QB Franks was so Jekyl & Hyde he took center stage offensively. I don’t recall any broadcasters raving about Taylor at all. Now,

all of a sudden he’s a sure fire, multi PB ‘Can’t Miss’? I’m not seeing it.

Just throwing this out there..

Not sure about top 10 but he looks great on film. Just look for the draft breakdown of him on every play. I would be ok with a trade down and taking him. 

• Like (+1) 1