What do you want to see this offseason: DRAFT

YoloinOhio

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 1:13 PM, Pete said:

I want us to draft two TE's this draft!  Tight Ends help both the offensive line and receivers.  This draft is loaded with TE's.  Draft two with early picks

I really like Jace Sternberger from Texas A&M. Of course I am curious as to what his combine numbers will be but from what I have seen from this kid he is big, fast enough, gets open, and has good hands. He is big enough to block as well.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

i would say yes, kid is a freak athlete and Beane likes those kind of guys and is why he chose Allen and Edmunds

...or is the AJ Brown kid a better selection later, especially if McBeane trades down for an extra 2nd?.....

A.J.Brown | Wide Receiver | No. 50

Jeremiah Says: Brown has average height and a thick, sturdy frame. He lined up in the slot in the Rebels' offense, running a lot of slants in their RPO scheme and catching a ton of other quick-hitters. He is a one-speed route runner, but he knows how to shield off defenders and attacks the ball in the air. He does have some drops on low balls, but those are offset by his ability to play above the rim. He tracks the deep ball naturally. After the catch, he steps through tackles and fights for extra yards. Overall, Brown lacks top-end speed, but he'll have a Day 1 role as a big slot receiver.

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

The Bills have to take the best OT prospect as early as they can in this draft... (Jonah Williams)  If he's gone, you go to what I feel is the next position of critical need, DT... I, personally am not sold on "horrible Harry"... A guy like Chris Wilkins would be a huge get.

1 hour ago, #34fan said:

The Bills have to take the best OT prospect as early as they can in this draft... (Jonah Williams)  If he's gone, you go to what I feel is the next position of critical need, DT... I, personally am not sold on "horrible Harry"... A guy like Chris Wilkins would be a huge get.

If they take Jonah Williams at 9 I don’t ever want to hear Beane say he is drafting BPA. That would be a “need” pick and it would be a reach. Jonah will not be an elite LT.

Others have covered this already but you’re wasting time and resources if you reach in this spot. He will want big bucks after he reaches FA and no one wants to pay an average LT big bucks. 

36 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

If they take Jonah Williams at 9 I don’t ever want to hear Beane say he is drafting BPA. That would be a “need” pick and it would be a reach. Jonah will not be an elite LT.

Others have covered this already but you’re wasting time and resources if you reach in this spot. He will want big bucks after he reaches FA and no one wants to pay an average LT big bucks. 

Agree. I think Jonah can be elite - but at left guard. I have said consistently I think there are worse ways to go than picking Williams at #9 but there are certainly better ways to go too. If they are determined to go offense at #9 they should trade down (even if they don't get a huge haul for doing so it would still be better value in my opinion). If they are staying at #9 I am working on the basis that at least one QB (Haskins) will be off the board and so one of my top 8 (all defensive players) would be there and I think they would be wrong to pass on any of those 8 to reach for an offensive player.

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Premature to say this.

FA hasn't even started yet and they should do everything necessary to fix as many needs as they can before the draft.

I would like to see them fix the offensive line in FA so they can go BPA at 9 which would most likely be a stud defensive lineman. 

Holy crap, you posted something that isn't gloom-and-doom-y and I actually agree!  :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, eball said:

Holy crap, you posted something that isn't gloom-and-doom-y and I actually agree!  :thumbsup:

I admit to some confusion myself. I read it twice....maybe he got hacked? Could be the Russians. 

• Haha (+1) 2

On 2/11/2019 at 11:59 AM, YoloinOhio said:

I like him too. He was selected as one of 5 most overrated in draft according to Ledyard

That is why game tape trumps highlight reel all day, every day.

Does it really help your team if a receiver makes one circus catch that makes his highlight reel for every 3 easy passes he drops that doesn't?

• Like (+1) 1

There seems to be a lot of discussion on Jawaan Taylor in recent days on NFLRadio for Top 10 consideration at RT. 

I’ve watched every Gator game the past few seasons. I freely admit I don’t scout OL watching the college games, and QB Franks was so Jekyl & Hyde he took center stage offensively. I don’t recall any broadcasters raving about Taylor at all. Now,

all of a sudden he’s a sure fire, multi PB ‘Can’t Miss’? I’m not seeing it.

Just throwing this out there..

4 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

There seems to be a lot of discussion on Jawaan Taylor in recent days on NFLRadio for Top 10 consideration at RT. 

I’ve watched every Gator game the past few seasons. I freely admit I don’t scout OL watching the college games, and QB Franks was so Jekyl & Hyde he took center stage offensively. I don’t recall any broadcasters raving about Taylor at all. Now,

all of a sudden he’s a sure fire, multi PB ‘Can’t Miss’? I’m not seeing it.

Just throwing this out there..

This probably is not the draft to find your future LT, and I cannot see grabbing a RT within the first 25 picks. I would predict that if the Bills stay at 9 they go BPA DL and they give Dawkins a chance at redemption to clean up his game and lock down that LT spot.

That being said, there are solid G and/or RT prospects in this draft that should be available thru the 2nd and 3rd rounds...there are also several solid FA o-linemen the Bills can sign too....they have options and do not need to reach to fill their o-line needs.

• Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, eball said:

Don't worry your pretty little head about this silly draft thread eebs.    Have some more wine........maybe paint each others toe nails ?or something more productive.   We'll do all the mock draft talk silliness for you.:flirt:

• Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, WideNine said:

This probably is not the draft to find your future LT, and I cannot see grabbing a RT within the first 25 picks. I would predict that if the Bills stay at 9 they go BPA DL and they give Dawkins a chance at redemption to clean up his game and lock down that LT spot.

That being said, there are solid G and/or RT prospects in this draft that should be available thru the 2nd and 3rd rounds...there are also several solid FA o-linemen the Bills can sign too....they have options and do not need to reach to fill their o-line needs.

Agreed that there are better far better G prospects in the draft likely to wind up in Buffalo. That's why I want them to go all in on Trenton Brown and of course one of the centers.

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Don't worry your pretty little head about this silly draft thread eebs.    Have some more wine........maybe paint each others toe nails ?or something more productive.   We'll do all the mock draft talk silliness for you.:flirt:

Aww, I’m in your head. So cute. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 2/19/2019 at 4:43 PM, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...or is the AJ Brown kid a better selection later, especially if McBeane trades down for an extra 2nd?.....

A.J.Brown | Wide Receiver | No. 50

Jeremiah Says: Brown has average height and a thick, sturdy frame. He lined up in the slot in the Rebels' offense, running a lot of slants in their RPO scheme and catching a ton of other quick-hitters. He is a one-speed route runner, but he knows how to shield off defenders and attacks the ball in the air. He does have some drops on low balls, but those are offset by his ability to play above the rim. He tracks the deep ball naturally. After the catch, he steps through tackles and fights for extra yards. Overall, Brown lacks top-end speed, but he'll have a Day 1 role as a big slot receiver.

i liked Metcalf better when i watched them.

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

I would like to see them fix the offensive line in FA so they can go BPA at 9 which would most likely be a stud defensive lineman. 

In a perfect world so would I but it is next to impossible to get a great or very good LT in any way other than the draft Scott.

Jmo, but I think that the Bills need to devote major resources to the OL, including early draft picks.

Edited by Bill from NYC