What do you want to see this offseason: DRAFT

YoloinOhio

I hope the Bills trade down. I think the 2 teams that are most likely to trade up in the first round are Oakland and Cleveland. Both have the draft ammo to move up into the top 10. Devin White could be a target for teams trying to get ahead of Cincy or Denver.

• Like (+1) 1

Oklahoma WR Marquise Brown to miss combine, pro day after foot surgery

Adam Schefter  ESPN Senior Writer

All 32 NFL teams were notified about Brown's injury and status on Friday, per a team source. Teams were told that Dr. Robert Anderson performed Brown's foot surgery on January 8 for an injury that the wide receiver suffered Dec. 1 in the Big 12 Championship Game before he played through it in the Orange Bowl. Now he will be sidelined for the NFL's workout circuit in a situation similar to Western Michigan wide receiver Corey Davis, who wound up going fifth overall to the Tennessee Titans.

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

All 32 NFL teams were notified about Brown's injury and status on Friday, per a team source. Teams were told that Dr. Robert Anderson performed Brown's foot surgery on January 8 for an injury that the wide receiver suffered Dec. 1 in the Big 12 Championship Game before he played through it in the Orange Bowl. Now he will be sidelined for the NFL's workout circuit in a situation similar to Western Michigan wide receiver Corey Davis, who wound up going fifth overall to the Tennessee Titans.

Brown is the vertical threat "DeSean Jackson type" receiver Allen would thrive with. Get him a big fella to move the chains and a deep threat like Hollywood. 

1 minute ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

Brown is the vertical threat "DeSean Jackson type" receiver Allen would thrive with. Get him a big fella to move the chains and a deep threat like Hollywood. 

...so is the injury/surgery a concern and how does it affect where he may go?.....

27 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Stories like this make the Nick Bosa / Ed Oliver decisions seem so sensible. If you are a top 2 round draft candidate, I hope you take out a nice insurance policy before playing the championship game / playoffs.

Glad he got the surgery done quickly. Hopefully he will be fine for the regular season. Draft stock will take a hit. Just dont know how big. Late 2nd round now?

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/11/2019 at 5:09 AM, GunnerBill said:

I predict they will trade up at least twice and possibly trade down once.

I agree.  I have been saying this a while, I do not think Beane intends on making 10 selections in the draft.  This is a rich draft from bottom half of the first through the 3rd.  I fully expect him to use some of that draft capital to maneuver around the first 3 rounds for players he covets.  

I very much think a trade down is quite possible, and still think Washington is most likely.  And in that case with at least 11 picks in hand (possibly 12), I think its very likely we trade up at some point over the first 3 rounds for a guy they covet...and I think they could trade up twice too if they complete a trade down from #9.

So I expect Beane to be very busy and active though this whole draft 

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, turftoe said:

I hope the Bills trade down. I think the 2 teams that are most likely to trade up in the first round are Oakland and Cleveland. Both have the draft ammo to move up into the top 10. Devin White could be a target for teams trying to get ahead of Cincy or Denver.

Wouldn't surprise me to see them trade down in 1st, then use draft currency to trade up in 2nd or 3rd to get the player they want.  

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

as long as we don't draft him im good.

9 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...because of the injury/surgery BB or because you don't have him highly rated?.....

Both, i saw him drop a lot of balls and wasn't impressed by his play. Also dont think he will last long, kid is just too small and we have had too many of those when Whaley was here.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Both, i saw him drop a lot of balls and wasn't impressed by his play. Also dont think he will last long, kid is just too small and we have had too many of those when Whaley was here.

...appreciate the insight....I don't get to see college ball............:thumbsup:

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I agree.  I have been saying this a while, I do not think Beane intends on making 10 selections in the draft.  This is a rich draft from bottom half of the first through the 3rd.  I fully expect him to use some of that draft capital to maneuver around the first 3 rounds for players he covets.  

I very much think a trade down is quite possible, and still think Washington is most likely.  And in that case with at least 11 picks in hand (possibly 12), I think its very likely we trade up at some point over the first 3 rounds for a guy they covet...and I think they could trade up twice too if they complete a trade down from #9.

So I expect Beane to be very busy and active though this whole draft 

I am still not convinced by the Washington trade but who knows. I think a trade down with Carolina for a pass rusher arguably makes more sense especially with connections.

But whichever way they play it I agree they are going to move about the board. Which is interesting because that wasn't really the Carolina MO. They were more of a "let the draft come to us" organisation but it does seem to be in the Beane - McDermott plan to focus on specific guys who are scheme and culture fits.

I wonder if they might even be New England like in that I suspect they actually have a relatively small board. You will recall I shared here intel from a league connected source who was told after the draft last year that Mayfield and Rosen were not on the Bills board. If that was true (I have no reason to disbelieve it) then a QB desperate team with only Peterman and McCarron on the roster that is willing to take two highly rated QBs off their board because they don't see them as a fit will be willing to do that for any position. And while people like to talk about the Patriots trading down all the time in the middle and later rounds they do trade up a fair bit too (not far very often but like 5-10 spots to get a guy they have specifically targeted). 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I am still not convinced by the Washington trade but who knows. I think a trade down with Carolina for a pass rusher arguably makes more sense especially with connections.

But whichever way they play it I agree they are going to move about the board. Which is interesting because that wasn't really the Carolina MO. They were more of a "let the draft come to us" organisation but it does seem to be in the Beane - McDermott plan to focus on specific guys who are scheme and culture fits.

I wonder if they might even be New England like in that I suspect they actually have a relatively small board. You will recall I shared here intel from a league connected source who was told after the draft last year that Mayfield and Rosen were not on the Bills board. If that was true (I have no reason to disbelieve it) then a QB desperate team with only Peterman and McCarron on the roster that is willing to take two highly rated QBs off their board because they don't see them as a fit will be willing to do that for any position. And while people like to talk about the Patriots trading down all the time in the middle and later rounds they do trade up a fair bit too (not far very often but like 5-10 spots to get a guy they have specifically targeted). 

got any info on the Bills board this year?

Also why weren't Mayfield and Rosen on their board?

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

22 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

got any info on the Bills board this year?

Also why weren't Mayfield and Rosen on their board?

No and I am not likely to get any either. This was post-draft that the guy I know who used to be a position coach in the league got told. Didn't see them as process guys I presume. 

20 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

the first Ten picks ... Oh you meant realistically B-)

Trade back and get :

TE TJ Hockenson, Dexter Lawrence, OG Chris Lyndstrom, OT Dalton Risner, WR Deebo  Samuel, WR Hakeem Butler, OLB Chase Winovich, DE Anthony Nelson.

McB can pick whoever for secondary .Those positions are obviously important but i just dont enjoy scouting them.