What do you want to see this offseason: DRAFT

YoloinOhio

18 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yes.

Andrew Norwell was the best guard in football in 2017.........he made it to free agency and signed with Jacksonville.

The best QB/pass rusher/LT/CB/WR doesn't make it to FA..........those are the positions you gotta' fill with high ceiling studs with those first round picks.

I don't think Williams ceiling is very high at LT..........and he could become a fine LT........but then you end up in a Nate Solder/Andy Levitre situation where you know he's not worth the money when he hits FA but some team with tons of cap space and a desperate need will pay him top dollar because "fine" LT's are usually the best available in FA.

So by extension you'd view the Quentin Nelson pick as a mistake by the Colts?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yes.

I know Nelson is REALLY good but you can buy guards.........the first team All Pro Norwell was on the market.

Norwell got a sweet contract too! I wonder if Yolo or someone else can tell us how a player this good from Ohio State did not get drafted.

Btw, threads like this are one of the things that make this board stand out as just so superior to other boards. :)

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Norwell got a sweet contract too! I wonder if Yolo or someone else can tell us how a player this good from Ohio State did not get drafted.

Btw, threads like this are one of the things that make this board stand out as just so superior to other boards. :)

Thanks, Bill! Means a lot coming from you. Truth be told, it was born out of necessity -as many good ideas are. The Main Board was being avalanched by everyone’s personal hopes in these 3 regards. Desperate, I contacted ‘You only live once’ to create these, then pinned them. 

It’ll also be easier at the start of training camp, to look back and see who’s hopes were dashed and dreams fulfilled?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chandler#81 said:

Thanks, Bill! Means a lot coming from you. Truth be told, it was born out of necessity -as many good ideas are. The Main Board was being avalanched by everyone’s personal hopes in these 3 regards. Desperate, I contacted ‘You only live once’ to create these, then pinned them. 

It’ll be easier at the start of training camp, to look back and see who’s hopes were dashed and dreams fulfilled?

It has to do with the people in the thread and the ability to have good dialogue, as well as moderators who do all the work.

I like threads where people state their opinions AND ask questions. I never thought this board would be any good if we all agreed on every single issue.

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Now that we cut Clay, I really think Beane is gonna trade back into the 1st so we can draft a solid TE and OT in the 1st.

I know little about college as I don't follow it... so Fant or Hockenson?

Hockenson will go higher and he's become a fan favorite here for good reason. That being said, I think we may be underrating Fant a bit. I'm very iffy about drafting a TE in the first round, let alone top ten. If Fant tests well at the combine, he may very well be a solid pick in the 2nd or 3rd.

I always like BPA in first round.  Since we have glaring needs at OL, WR,  and DT, I would trade down and acquire another 2nd.  

Then I would hold those picks.  We tend to trade up, hopefully not this time.  Three picks in the first 2 rounds would be great.  

We also need help at RB, LB, TE, and DB, so more premium picks are helpful. 

The real problem with #9 overall in this draft is BPA might be a matter of drawing straws between 4 or 5 players.  Will too light Ed Oliver be the BPA or short armed Jonah Williams, or limited route tree Hercules DK Metcalf?  I think a trade down is the ideal action for Buffalo when they are on the clock, as long as potential trade partners aren't thinking the same thing.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, SF Bills Fan said:

I was watching some film in Noah Fant out of Iowa- with Clay gone I think we should get that guy. Looks like he is on radar with lots of teams. 

Hockenson appears to be the superior player, but Fant is a pretty darn good TE in his own right. If we don't trade down in RD 1, I'd prefer not to take a tight end, which leaves Hock out of the equation. Fant would be an amazing get in the 3rd and a solid get in the 2nd. I don't follow the mocks too closely, so I don't know where he's projected. I do know Hock would be gone between 9 and our 2nd RD pick.

Here is a nice article on this year's draft by Joe Marino at Draft Network.  All about 6 things he likes about this draft.  

Four of the 6 favor the Bills:

Actually Good Olinemen

Ridiculously Deep TE Crop

Pass Rushers Galore

RB Variance

It would appear the draft board could favor Bills this year. Good read 

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2019/02/14/6-pack-thursday-things-i-love-about-the-2019-nfl-draft/

Edited by freddyjj

Jonah Williams LT   ALA

T.J Hockenson TE   IA

Anthony Johnson WR (if he's still on the board)  BUF

Nick Allegretti  OG   ILL

Joe Jackson    DE   MIA

Travis Homer   RB  MIA

Tyree Jackson QB  BUF

We NEED this....Any order, any round.

19 hours ago, TigerJ said:

The real problem with #9 overall in this draft is BPA might be a matter of drawing straws between 4 or 5 players.  Will too light Ed Oliver be the BPA or short armed Jonah Williams, or limited route tree Hercules DK Metcalf?  I think a trade down is the ideal action for Buffalo when they are on the clock, as long as potential trade partners aren't thinking the same thing.

Guys like Calvin Johnson, D. Thomas were considered ‘limited route tree’ prospects.. Aaron Donald was considered ‘light’.  Just an ignorant response you made.  You have no clue how those guys will pan out in the NFL.  

Sign Funchess. Sign Garcon. Trade Zay. If LAC dumps Gates, bring him in for the locker room to make up (a bit) for Kyle.  Draft Hakeem Butler 1st. Draft best TE on the board 2nd. Use ALL remaining picks on OL and CB. If you want to improve completion % for Allen, give him BIG targets. I know there is a Topic for FA, but my idea involves both; cheers mateys and GO BILLS.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Guys like Calvin Johnson, D. Thomas were considered ‘limited route tree’ prospects.. Aaron Donald was considered ‘light’.  Just an ignorant response you made.  You have no clue how those guys will pan out in the NFL.  

My post was not in any way shape or form a prediction of failure for the players I listed as examples.  You're right about the possibility of any of those prospects turning into stars in the NFL, but the negatives create more uncertainty.  The odds that all of them become stars in the NFL  not great.  That presents a GM picking at #9 with a dilemma.  Which ones are going to be stars, and which ones will bust?  For the record, I am not at all against the idea of picking Metcalf, limited route tree and all.  His college experience may mean it'll be a while before he can maximize his enormous physical potential, but there will be ways for him to have an impact as a rookie.  I happen to be a little more wary of Ed Oliver because he not only played lighter than Aaron Donald, but scouts are concerned he doesn't have the strength Donald had coming out of Pittsburgh (Pitt Panthers).  What he does have is terrific explosion coming off the snap.  He could still turn out to be an amazing defensive tackle in the NFL, but the questions are not going to go away before the draft.

• Like (+1) 2

On 2/11/2019 at 7:26 AM, YoloinOhio said:

Post all 2019 Bills draft wish lists here! 

the first Ten picks ... Oh you meant realistically B-)

Trade back and get :

TE TJ Hockenson, Dexter Lawrence, OG Chris Lyndstrom, OT Dalton Risner, WR Deebo  Samuel, WR Hakeem Butler, OLB Chase Winovich, DE Anthony Nelson.

McB can pick whoever for secondary .Those positions are obviously important but i just dont enjoy scouting them.

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/11/2019 at 8:02 AM, chef4131 said:

we have given away too many picks during  the past 3 drafts, I would like to see the Bills finish the draft with their compliment of picks-we have too many holes that need to be filled and reaching for players will not allow them to fill all their needs 

Nah. Last year was the year for that. This year we should trade a lot of those late picks to get more Third round picks. Also trade back in the fist to gain more seconds.

if you can build your team entirely of 1st, 2nd and 3rd  round picks it would be a perennial contender.