What do you want to see this offseason: DRAFT

YoloinOhio

On 2/11/2019 at 10:46 AM, CajunBillsBacker said:

QB: None, but if we had to pick one late or as an UDFA, Eric Dungey. I think he can be like a Taysom Hill type player.

RB: Josh Jacobs and Trayveon Williams stick out to me the most.

WR: So many, hope we get at least two of these. Metcalf, Hollywood Brown, AJ Brown, Hakeem Butler, Nkeal Harry, Deebo, Andy Isabella, and more. There’s no Julio Jones in this class, but WR seems stacked this year for rounds 2-4.

TE: Hock, Fant, or late round/UDFA Foster Moreau or Isaac Nauta.

OL: hopefully we can address the line in free agency, but if not, Jonah Williams is at the top of my list. Also like Dalton Risner.

Defense I don’t really care as I feel we will still have a top defense regardless. Just need to fill a couple holes in depth. Hopefully a free agency move.

I generally agree with that but really think Metcalf has the potential to be Julio.  I don't see anyone else with a ceiling as high.

• Like (+1) 1

1. Our new starting LT (move DD to RT.)

2a. Our new starting C (unless Long reaches a new level).

2b. Explosive playmaker at WR.

3. ST help on day 3 like an elite returner, better punter and solid open field tacklers.

Build around Allen and definitely build up the OL to get McCoy going again. I think we can replace Kyle in FA.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, ngbills said:

Stats are one thing and only part of the picture. I would not call those stats pedestrian regardless. UW this past year followed him all over the field and game played around him. ASU tried to counter that by running the ball and playing the possession game. Was a terrible strategy and they only thew for 100 yds. 

Seems like too many base their opinion on stats and what they hear.

Watch the kid play. He’s a big body WR with elusive speed and a HUGE catch radius. He wins the contested catches. 

I agree with you, the kids got all the skills to be great. 

5 hours ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Then you need to learn what pedestrian means.

10 ypc and no TDs on 20 receptions is not impressive by any means.  Pass on him

those are Josh Reed like stats 

Edited by freddyjj

I expect DK Metcalf to be the first receiver off the big board. Some team will fall in love with his combine numbers/physique. His bloodlines certainly don't hurt. Wouldn't be terribly disappointed if the Bills went this route. He's got the most upside much like Allen and Edmunds.

1 hour ago, freddyjj said:

10 ypc and no TDs on 20 receptions is not impressive by any means.  Pass on him

those are Josh Reed like stats 

7 catches and 70 yards per game.

If you think that’s pedestrian, especially against a D who regularly puts out NFL talent then maybe you should grab a book called “Football for dummies.” Your picture is on it.

16 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

7 catches and 70 yards per game.

If you think that’s pedestrian, especially against a D who regularly puts out NFL talent then maybe you should grab a book called “Football for dummies.” Your picture is on it.

Can I borrow your copy ?

The Bills desperately need to draft blockers. Imo it is not wise to rely on free agency to build an offensive line. In the last several decades, how many great left tackles were acquired from another team (of course one was Jason Peters who we traded).

This draft appears to be a fairly good one for blockers and we finally have a good young quarterback to protect. I want the team to use their top resources on keeping their quarterback healthy and improving the running attack as well.

If they go up to the podium and grab Greedy Williams or some other defensive back, we are looking at another Levy/Jauron situation.

Jmo.

43 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

The Bills desperately need to draft blockers. Imo it is not wise to rely on free agency to build an offensive line. In the last several decades, how many great left tackles were acquired from another team (of course one was Jason Peters who we traded).

This draft appears to be a fairly good one for blockers and we finally have a good young quarterback to protect. I want the team to use their top resources on keeping their quarterback healthy and improving the running attack as well.

If they go up to the podium and grab Greedy Williams or some other defensive back, we are looking at another Levy/Jauron situation.

Jmo.

Top left tackles do not become available often through FA or trade. However, I'm not convinced there are real top end LT prospects in the draft either this year. Both in FA and in the draft I think there is decent oline depth at the other spots. It is a good class of FA interior line guys and I think it is a good class of RTs and interior linemen in the draft too. My preference is that they look to fill the guard spots in FA, seek to draft a guy to play RT and I could go either way at center.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, OrtonHearsaWho said:

I generally agree with that but really think Metcalf has the potential to be Julio.  I don't see anyone else with a ceiling as high.

With that neck injury I’d be making Sterling Sharpe comparisons instead of Julio Jones.... The talent is there. Teams just have to be 100% sure about the injury risk, and accept that he might be forced out of the league early. 

• Like (+1) 1