What do you want to see this offseason: DRAFT

YoloinOhio

7 minutes ago, ngbills said:

I think they go OL or DL.

Player that is growing on me though is WR - N'Keal Harry. Could be the weapon we need. Go watch the highlights if you have not seen the kids. 

I like him too. He was selected as one of 5 most overrated in draft according to Ledyard

5 hours ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Bradbury isn’t really physically suited to play guard, particularly in a power scheme. He’s a hell of an athlete, but he might weigh around 290-300 pounds. We’ll see at the combine. He’s the guy to grab if we want a year one starter at center though. 

I'm gonna disagree with this strongly. I believe he can play any of the interior positions but will develop into an outstanding C eventually. 

41 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

I'm gonna disagree with this strongly. I believe he can play any of the interior positions but will develop into an outstanding C eventually. 

As is your right... I think he’ll be able play any of the interior positions in a zone scheme and center in any scheme. Living in the ? pack home area for the past few years I’ve watched almost every game. Bradbury is amazing, but he doesn’t thrive when run blocking against talented 1 tecs and NTs with good hand technique. He doesn’t consistently drive them out of the hole like you’d want to see from a guard in a power scheme. He’s amazing at turning them, making reach blocks, combos, etc. Also keep in mind that Bradbury was surrounded by talented O-linemen... As a unit they blanked Clemson’s front seven. Only sack came from a CB blitz. 

It’s possible that he adds weight and strength during the draft season, so his ability to drive 1techs may  improve. He did come into NC State as a TE. I don’t see the point of playing him at guard though, especially with this roster. If Beane drafts Bradbury the kid will beat out Bodine by the end of camp unless he gets injured. 

• Like (+1) 2

I bang the drum always for trade down and BPA!

We are in a prime trade down position.  Hopefully Kyler Murray, Drew Lock, Dwayne Haskins, and Daniel Jones all go top 10!  The Colts had 4 second rounders last season, and they were key players for them.  The Pats will end up having 5 picks most likely on day 2.  With them reloading, it behooves us to come away with 6 key contributers from this draft.  Rounds 2-4 there is prime talent.  Load up on day two picks!(and 2020).

I digress, lets do a major upgrade on oline, draft 2 TEs, RB, WR, Edge.  10 picks, trade down opportunities, $80 million cap room-I don't care how you fill those needs Mr Beane, but get it done.  I've got faith

For skill position players on offense, I’d love to see them draft a great TE who can be a factor in run blocking, pass blocking and a real receiving threat. A player like that is a factor in all phases of the offense, compared to a receiver. We all thought Clay would be a dominant TE but he hasn’t been. Surely Dabol knows the flexibility a great TE could give to his offense. Receivers also are on the shopping list but I’d rate them as a somewhat lesser need. 

Edited by Andy1

Here’s my thinking. Go for the best edge rusher at the #9 spot and here’s why. OL in the early 1st more times than not are just vanilla at best. A good LB can be found as early as the 3rd rd and as late as in the 5th, especially in a heavily loaded defense draft. A CB doesn’t make a lot of sense at #9 with the way our secondary is looking right now. WR? No, right now that would be a luxury pick for us and we are no way in position to be that cocky. Our DL is still a irk in progress and teams aren’t always in such a desirable position to be able to grab a top tier pass rusher. Hughes is still lethal but time stands still for nobody. Beane/McDermott are big believers in the DL, just review their body of work in the last 4 or 5 years. Beane has gone on record as saying that his philosophy is to draft and develops their own and then pay them on their next contract. A big time pass rusher isn’t cheap so it makes sense to pick the right player with the right mindset to develope and make them a franchise player when it’s time. As far as who that will be I have no clue, I don’t know enough about college football.