What do you want to see this offseason: DRAFT

YoloinOhio

we have given away too many picks during  the past 3 drafts, I would like to see the Bills finish the draft with their compliment of picks-we have too many holes that need to be filled and reaching for players will not allow them to fill all their needs 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, chef4131 said:

we have given away too many picks during  the past 3 drafts, I would like to see the Bills finish the draft with their compliment of picks-we have too many holes that need to be filled and reaching for players will not allow them to fill all their needs 

I predict they will trade up at least twice and possibly trade down once.

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, chef4131 said:

It depends on FA and if they trade down or not. I'd love for them to move back in the first and pick up another 2nd and maybe a 3rd. If they do trade back and we are not full of holes after FA, then I have no issue with moving up in the later rounds for players they have targeted. 

TRADE DOWN with Washington, pick up extra 2nd.

#15 - TJ Hockenson, TE

#40 - Metcalf/Harry/Deebo/Butler, WR (whoever their top WR on board is still when they pick)

#46 - Oshane Ximines, EDGE 

Then grab a RB like Love or Henderson in the 3rd/4th round.

If we DONT trade down with Washington, I would try and trade back up into the 2nd to grab Ximines using our 3rd and one of our 4ths to do so.  I think this kid is going to be a stud.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I predict they will trade up at least twice and possibly trade down once.

Im with this take as well Gunner. I think an extra 4th & 5th gets us back into the 3rd rd. Not sure a trade DOWN is as likely unless its only a few spots and the value is too good to pass up. I think Beane's statement regarding a top ten pick and not needing it does not indicate a trade down for more picks. I think it means we can grab a top ten talent although our roster is not in as bad shape relevant to our draft position. And THATS very good for us! 

I expect something like this being our lot

1)

2)

3)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

7)

T hats still a lot of new blood to potentially sign. And not all of them are likely to beat out guys on the PS, let alone make the 53. It'd be more prudent to add a few less, higher rated guys, than add a bunch of guys who have no conceivable chance of sticking

5 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

1. Trade down to have 4 picks in the first 3 rounds

2. plug and play 2 O-Linemen, 1 WR/TE, I DLineman

YOLO - While I like that you created separate threads for FA and Draft, to an extent, despite a BPA philosophy, the draft depends on what happens in FA

I think the threads can evolve throughout the offseason. Draft wish lists posted now are always subject to change in March after FA signings for some people. If you want to only post FA wish list now and wait on your draft wish list, that is another way to go. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

QB: None, but if we had to pick one late or as an UDFA, Eric Dungey. I think he can be like a Taysom Hill type player.

RB: Josh Jacobs and Trayveon Williams stick out to me the most.

WR: So many, hope we get at least two of these. Metcalf, Hollywood Brown, AJ Brown, Hakeem Butler, Nkeal Harry, Deebo, Andy Isabella, and more. There’s no Julio Jones in this class, but WR seems stacked this year for rounds 2-4.

TE: Hock, Fant, or late round/UDFA Foster Moreau or Isaac Nauta.

OL: hopefully we can address the line in free agency, but if not, Jonah Williams is at the top of my list. Also like Dalton Risner.

Defense I don’t really care as I feel we will still have a top defense regardless. Just need to fill a couple holes in depth. Hopefully a free agency move.

3 hours ago, chef4131 said:

I understand your intent, but for all the givebacks, we acquired exceptional return on our picks -including UDFA. Our new scouting depts (college AND Pro) don’t get anywhere near the cred they deserve. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Beaner traded twice in the first 15 rounds last year.  I don't see him refusing a reasonable trade down at 9, I'm hoping for it.

It seems like our management can pick defensive guys quite well, considering Taron and Levi look like excellent NFL players as rooks (did McD have anything to do with MIlano pick?)  

With that in mind I think you're going to see LT with the first pick.  Dawk sliding to RT or RG depending on Teller and if we get Daryl Williams in FA etc.  Dion was just too inconsistent last year and probably has a better guard style body anyway.  He's a point of attack mauler, let's get him where he belongs.

My personal prediction is that the film is showing WR as less of a need that we thought most of the year.   Foster has elite numbers since week 10, Zay came around and we have Duke now who should compete for the 3rd spot with McKenzie etc.  I do not see a high WR pick for us this draft.  I think this is what Beane meant by saying drafting for need will set you back.  TE, RB and big Linemen in picks 2 thru 5 (which may be 7 picks if we get another 2nd for a trade down)

2 hours ago, klos63 said:

I would like them to pick a perennial all pro with their first pick, regardless of position. After that, just fill in areas of need. OL, WR, RB, DT...

Shooting high.  Realistic expectations for the 9th pick are finding a good long-term starter.  Of course, it would be great to get a perennial all-pro, but even in the top 10, those are hard to find.

35 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

I'd like a T, TE, G, 2 WR, DE, OLB. Specifically I want Risner at T, Bradbury at G and we can move him to C in a couple years.

Bradbury isn’t really physically suited to play guard, particularly in a power scheme. He’s a hell of an athlete, but he might weigh around 290-300 pounds. We’ll see at the combine. He’s the guy to grab if we want a year one starter at center though. 

The more I think about it, the more I just hope the Bills get an ELITE player at #9 that can play a prominent role for 10+ years and make All-Pro teams.

With that being the case, the only true blue chipper I see the Bills realistically having a shot at with the 9th pick is TJ Hockenson. 

I expect the 4 or 5 best defensive lineman and the top offensive tackle to be off the board already. Why pick from the 6th best DL or 2nd or 3rd best OL when you can have the draft's BEST tight end, and one who many say has a shot to be a Travis Kelce level of production. 

He would help the Bills in both the run and pass game and give young QB Josh Allen a much needed security blanket.

• Like (+1) 1