Trying to decipher Beane.

Tipster19

Beane has had 2 seasons under his belt so there is a bit of a body of work to try and figure out. Now that he cleared the books of players that didn’t fit his vision and the culture that he’s trying to create I think that it’s going to be an exciting time to be a Bills’ fan. 

Other than a couple of big slashes in FA I expect a few other signings that will help solidify the roster and give the upcoming draft with better flexibility. 

Beane went on record stating that the C position is of great importantence so I fully expect for him to get either Denver’s Matt Paradis or KC’s Mitch Morse.As far as the rest of of the OL it’s going to be based a lot on who they keep and who they replace. Either way I don’t expect the Rams’ G Rodger Saffold to be coming here or even to leave the Rams as far as that goes. There’s another pool of younger player(s) that Beane can choose from. Pittsburgh’ G Ramon Foster comes to mind. I also think that other players like Miami’s RT Ja’Wuan James and New England’s LT Trenton Brown to name a few. I expect that at least 1, possibly 2 will be acquired when FA opens. 

Staying on the offensive side of the ball there is a couple of former 1st rd  WRs that are available. Coincidentally they both wear #11. Chicago’s Kevin White and Miami’s DeVante Parker are interesting prospects to consider. Looking at the defense an acquisition is needed as well. Don’t be too surprised if Beane makes a run at Tampa’s DT Gerald McCoy as well. Now that Kyle is gone McCoy would be a great veteran addition.

All of this leads me to believe that if the Bills stay at the #9 slot then Beane will go defense, best avail, the DL could stand an addition or 2. An edge rusher would be my first choice. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I was thinking they’ll target 3-4 of the upper free agents and a lot of lower mid level guys. 

I think Beane will do the trade down but only if he can fleece the other team. Since buffalo is not desperate this draft some other teams can pay the prices to move up. I definitely think he would like to have more picks in the first 3 rounds who can make an impact right away 

14 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

boy offseason is slow

Folks, please. All of us are filled with anticipation for this offseason. There’ve already been near countless threads on what everybody would like to see happen, from trade downs to FA frenzy to McDermott > Beane.  Share your preferences on any of the hundred threads  already discussing moves you’d like to see.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1