Did you watch Nick at Nite(90's era)?

BillsPride12

Just killing some time scrolling through some of the TV show posts and I saw Nick at Nite referenced and that really took me back.  My parents watched Nick at Nite and all those classic TV shows so naturally growing up I actually watched it a lot back then(I'm only in my mid 30's so all those shows are from way before my time).  It's something I don't ever think about but after seeing it come up man does that bring back some memories of simpler times.  I never really get to see any of those old shows now but I would still appreciate that era.  I remember in the summer they would have a "Block Party" and have marathons of different shows each day of the week and since I was on summer vacation from school I can remember staying up late binge watching a lot of episodes and I remember Casey Kasem used to have a New Year's eve countdown that my family would stay up for and watch and we would have a bunch of snacks and stuff...keep in mind I was really young so it was exciting for that time in life.  I'm not sure if anyone else can relate but I do remember Nick at Nite being pretty popular generally speaking and the nostalgia factor is pretty heavy for me on this one...simpler times man:(

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

I wish one of the cable networks would pick up The Wonder Years reruns.I also enjoyed Hill Street Blues even though I didn't see many episodes when I was in the military.

P.S.-Some nights me and my bride watch Everybody Loves Raymond on Nick.

The Wonder Years was one of my favorites.  The whole series is for sale on DVD on Amazon for I think around $60.  I had a gift card so I bought it recently 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, KD in CA said:

I watched USA Up All Night w/ Rhonda Shear.  

The movies were terrible, but she was smoking hot.

MeTV and AntennaTV have a lot of the old shows that used to be on Nick at Nite, though I will usually only watch Carson reruns if he has a good guest. 

• Like (+1) 2

17 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

I wish one of the cable networks would pick up The Wonder Years reruns.I also enjoyed Hill Street Blues even though I didn't see many episodes when I was in the military.

P.S.-Some nights me and my bride watch Everybody Loves Raymond on Nick.

The Wonder Years is one of my all time favorite shows.  I've seen a lot of reruns of that show over the years because it also ran on different networks and was on Netflix for awhile.  That was on towards the end of the classic Nick at Nite run.  In fact when I first watched it, it was when I first entered middle school and could really relate to a lot of it...I mean completely different era's but same stuff!  It was fun watching the series over again years later and from the perspective of adult Kevin that time.

14 hours ago, KD in CA said:

I watched USA Up All Night w/ Rhonda Shear.  

I also watched a lot of WWF as a kid I remember her appearing at one of the WrestleMania's back then and I think her show came on after Raw sometimes.  She was SEXY!

10 hours ago, /dev/null said:

I could start a whole new thread for SNICK!

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

The Wonder Years is one of my all time favorite shows.  I've seen a lot of reruns of that show over the years because it also ran on different networks and was on Netflix for awhile.  That was on towards the end of the classic Nick at Nite run.  In fact when I first watched it, it was when I first entered middle school and could really relate to a lot of it...I mean completely different era's but same stuff!  It was fun watching the series over again years later and from the perspective of adult Kevin that time.

I talked in pm's with another member in here today..do you recall when Wayne had Kevin's back after a big party at the house?That was one of the best episodes..he really did love the "scrote"

The DVD collection is $163 at Walmart.

Edited by Misterbluesky

1 minute ago, Misterbluesky said:

I talked in pm's with another member in here today..do you recall when Wayne had Kevin's back after a big party at the house?That was one of the best episodes..he really did love the "scrout".

The DVD collection is $163 at Walmart.

Yeah I sure do, I think the show accurately portrayed a big brother/little brother relationship in adolescence...I bet they ended up being close to each other once they became adults!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, BillsPride12 said:

Yeah I sure do, I think the show accurately portrayed a big brother/little brother relationship in adolescence...I bet they ended up being close to each other once they became adults!

My parents were those parents...but my parents were church goers.

Who didn't shed a tear when Kevin and Winnie broke up in that farmhouse???

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

My older brother and I might as well have been Wayne and Kevin from Wonder Years. Same ages, same time period, same conflicts. 

When my kids were little we used to watch a ton of Nick shows...   Clarissa, Alex Mack, Camp Anawanna, etc.   

Do you remember any of these:

Legends of The Hidden Temple

Wild and Crazy Kids

Double Dare

You Can’t Do That on Television 

Salute Your Shorts

i used to watch all them as well 

11 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

Wild and Crazy Kids

Double Dare

Salute Your Shorts

I don’t think I remember Wild and Crazy Kids, but I remember the rest.  

Salute Your Shorts was the Camp Anawanna show.  I couldn’t remember its name.  

Edited by Gray Beard

2 hours ago, Another Fan said:

Wild and Crazy Kids

Double Dare

Salute Your Shorts

also Hey Dude

and Are You Afraid of the Dark?

13 hours ago, Rico said:

The movies were terrible, but she was smoking hot.

MeTV and AntennaTV have a lot of the old shows that used to be on Nick at Nite, though I will usually only watch Carson reruns if he has a good guest. 

Rico, what channel shows Carson reruns?