FA Offensive Tackle Daryl Williams ( Update - Bills reportedly pursuing)

YoloinOhio

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t know if lacanfora has any real info on this or is just piecing together Gettleman/Beane/Panthers  and the fact both teams need a RT. 

Agreed. LaConjecture is making an educated guess based on the personal relationship both GMs have with Williams.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I know that the NFL has to put parameters around when you can legally tamper, but it’s gotta be impossible from keeping agents from playing footsie with GM’s and knowing what other teams are willing to pay well before the legal tampering date.  

Read this:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/02/22/free-agent-tampering-period-agents-players-mmqb

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

On 2/10/2019 at 6:58 AM, Meazy26 said:

My dream is to sign Daryl Williams, Matt Paradis, and Trent Brown.

(LT) Trent Brown - (LG) Dion Dawkins - (C) Matt Paradis - (RG) Wyatt Teller - (RT) Daryl Williams 

Probably would cost us at least 10mil per year for each guy. It’s would take upwards of about 35mil of our cap space. Still would have nearly 50mil left over. Sign another stud pass rusher and a WR... Playoffs! 

One can dream, right? 

I like your plan but would be very hesitant to sign trent Brown at LT as he is an RT forced to play there when Isiah Wynn got hurt.  He is not a good pass pro guy and the NE quick passing game covered up some glaring holes in his game.  Remember when we played Langston Walker at LT - disaster!

Have to believe that RT (Daryl Williams)  or LG (Foster, Saffold) may be targets now in FA given Long signing.  Bills could grab an LT (Williams, Dillard) and C (McCoy, Bradbury) in draft then. 

Line could look like this then:  Williams, Saffold, Long,  Dawkins, Williams with Bradbury, Teller and Serles as backups.  Good mix of vets and youngsters

Daryl Williams and Jordan Phillips were teammates at OU for 2-3 years.   Wonder if they have a tight relationship?  

As long as the medical is good on him the rest is a easy decision & the contract at what they are talking isn't bed for a starting tackle i think Bean will make it happen & may even make the contract a bit better given his injury history could be a incentive based deal that could make it even more enticing !