FA Offensive Tackle Daryl Williams ( Update - Bills reportedly pursuing)

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Mountain Man said:

Why would you move Dawkins to a position he is bad at? 

Also depends who is playing next to him. If you have a pro bowl T or C next to him how bad would he look. I will leave it to the OL coach to put these guys in the best spots for the team. If you can find upgrade at LT, I have no problem moving Dawkins somewhere else. If not and he is the best option then let him continue to play LT. 

On 2/10/2019 at 1:51 PM, Mountain Man said:

Leave Dawkins at LT. Whenever they have tried in any other position he was terrible

Well, he played guard in college, was projected to be an NFL guard, started at RT but sort of got LT by default because of Cordy.

Coaches have said they'll look at it, to me he's the perfect guard because of his freakish strength and anchor, which is why I'm betting that drafting a LT is happening 1st or second round.  He's fast enough to pull too.

Plus he can catch the rock, in case we need a backup TE or something woot woot.  still my favorite play of the year....

On 2/9/2019 at 11:24 PM, IgotBILLStopay said:

That is stiffer than I imagined. Maybe 6-7 mill per year. 

6 or 7 Mill would be a good deal add in some playing time incentives which could motivate him even more but he would be a upgrade for sure .

On 2/11/2019 at 2:35 PM, Da webster guy said:

Well, he played guard in college, was projected to be an NFL guard, started at RT but sort of got LT by default because of Cordy.

Coaches have said they'll look at it, to me he's the perfect guard because of his freakish strength and anchor, which is why I'm betting that drafting a LT is happening 1st or second round.  He's fast enough to pull too.

Plus he can catch the rock, in case we need a backup TE or something woot woot.  still my favorite play of the year....

Dawkins started all of his games at left tackle for Temple. He played a game or two at RT his freshmen year. But he was a full time three year starter at left tackle. He's a converted defensive lineman and so I think his game still needs some refinement. I think the Dawkins to guard thing comes from Mike Mayock's comments during the draft. I think he is fine at left tackle. He's got super long arms and great feet, his punch is inconsistent, but I would hope that would come with more work. 

On 2/10/2019 at 6:18 PM, klos63 said:

I don't know why, I like Milano,  but for some reason not totally sold that he is anything special. He's above average much of the time, but not always.  Just can't read him well I guess.

But a 9mm deal sounds like it won't cost too much, even if the give him a top of the line model.

3 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Dawkins started all of his games at left tackle for Temple. He played a game or two at RT his freshmen year. But he was a full time three year starter at left tackle. He's a converted defensive lineman and so I think his game still needs some refinement. I think the Dawkins to guard thing comes from Mike Mayock's comments during the draft. I think he is fine at left tackle. He's got super long arms and great feet, his punch is inconsistent, but I would hope that would come with more work. 

I still think moving Deon to LG and drafting a LT in the first (and signing Daryl Williams to play RT) might be the best thing they can do for this team......then start drafting offensive threats from the 2nd round on.

In the little time we have seen Dawkins at LG.....he was impressive.  

• Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I still think moving Deon to LG and drafting a LT in the first (and signing Daryl Williams to play RT) might be the best thing they can do for this team......then start drafting offensive threats from the 2nd round on.

In the little time we have seen Dawkins at LG.....he was impressive.  

I understand the sentiment. I want to see what he can do now that Juan Castillo is gone. I thought he played really well despite some terrible plays here and there. I think that pretty much any tackle is better off inside, but I'm not moving him unless I am absolutely sure he can't be a left tackle in this league. I do not believe that any rookie in this draft can come in and be a better left tackle than Dawkins is, so I feel like it would be a waste of a top ten pick. If you are drafting Tyron Smith, that is whole different story. I think you give him one more year to see if it all comes together.  

11 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I understand the sentiment. I want to see what he can do now that Juan Castillo is gone. I thought he played really well despite some terrible plays here and there. I think that pretty much any tackle is better off inside, but I'm not moving him unless I am absolutely sure he can't be a left tackle in this league. I do not believe that any rookie in this draft can come in and be a better left tackle than Dawkins is, so I feel like it would be a waste of a top ten pick. If you are drafting Tyron Smith, that is whole different story. I think you give him one more year to see if it all comes together.  

I think the time for ‘let’s wait and see’ is over.. This team needs to start winning games

17 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

I think the time for ‘let’s wait and see’ is over.. This team needs to start winning games

That's just unrealistic. There are too many young developing players. It's still going to be a wait and see no matter what you do. I expect improvement but they are still in wait in see mode. My point is that people want to move Dawkins just to move him. He has not been terrible and there is no one in the draft who will come in day 1 and be better. Moving him in to guard is just creating a massive hole at left tackle, which then forces you to draft for need.  

On 2/11/2019 at 11:41 AM, Mountain Man said:

He didn't. He was terrible.

You are incorrect on this

3 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

I think the time has come and gone for bargain shopping as well......

The last 2 years of the Beane/McDermott era have cumulated to this offseason

- We cut salary and players for draft picks

- We got rid of dead cap crap sandwich

Now we need players.....and we need to start winning.....and that all start on the O and D lines

• 3 weeks later...