The Top 50 NFL Free Agents Of 2019

TSNBDSC

16 minutes ago, yungmack said:

Bell would be an excellent add but I don't believe there's a chance in hell he'd sign with Buffalo. He'll want a team that's a lot closer to a SB than the Bills.

No me either. No chance it’s with the Bills but IMO, he needs to be #1 on this list. He might be the most important non qb in the nfl

2 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I get it that people are going super overboard with the RB doesn’t matter thing, but Bell is the #1 FA. The guy is the best RB in the nfl and he will catch 70+ passes. You can find a decent RB anywhere. That’s why nobody wants to pay them...But Bell is different and he would do so much more to help a team win then anyone else on this list. I get it. People jump on these narratives and have to act like the smartest guy in the room but come on. Bell is worth probably 3 wins in a season. These “edge” players get you nowhere near that. 

We have all this money to spend in FA and there are almost no FAs that I really even want. I think it’s time to start looking seriously into a big time trade for a legitimate #1 WR (AJ green) or just use all the money on Olineman. It’s about the least exciting FA class imaginable and figures it’s the one we will probably be super active in.

Except Conner had almost the same type of year as Bell once Bell was gone. Bell is better, but I don't think he's worth the baggage.

56 minutes ago, cle23 said:

Except Conner had almost the same type of year as Bell once Bell was gone. Bell is better, but I don't think he's worth the baggage.

The Steelers didn’t even make the playoffs which is inexcusable with that roster. Sometimes things are similar stat wise but don’t tell the entire story. Like what a defense is focusing on and allowing you to have. The respect for Bell far outweighed the respect for Connor and the numbers probably reflected that a little. Bell is incredible. Let Connor do it for 4 or 5 more seasons.

5 hours ago, Mountain Man said:

Just ask Matt Paradis how much money he wants and give it to him. If he wants the biggest contract ever given to a Center I don't care. He would have a bigger impact on this team than anyone else on the list 

The Pegulas have ceased considering you for the GM position.

4 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I get it that people are going super overboard with the RB doesn’t matter thing, but Bell is the #1 FA. The guy is the best RB in the nfl and he will catch 70+ passes. You can find a decent RB anywhere. That’s why nobody wants to pay them...But Bell is different and he would do so much more to help a team win then anyone else on this list. I get it. People jump on these narratives and have to act like the smartest guy in the room but come on. Bell is worth probably 3 wins in a season. These “edge” players get you nowhere near that. 

We have all this money to spend in FA and there are almost no FAs that I really even want. I think it’s time to start looking seriously into a big time trade for a legitimate #1 WR (AJ green) or just use all the money on Olineman. It’s about the least exciting FA class imaginable and figures it’s the one we will probably be super active in.

Three additional wins a season is puhing it but the Steelers pry make the playoffs this year if Bell plays.  I also think people are downplaying the impact of a truly great back because there's so many good backs around the NFL.  However, Daboll comes from the Pats coaching tree who have employed at least in the last decade a running back by committee style.  It's infuriating to any fantasy owner who has a Pats RB.  I think they pass on Bell because of that reason.  Maybe have McCoy and Murphy while rotating with a RB they drafted hoping to find the next Michel, Kerryon J., or Lindsay.  It just makes more sense to spend the money to try and improve the O-line and D-line given games are usually won in the trenches. 

A WR trade would be great but you have to find somebody to tango.  I just don't see the Bills being able to pull it off.  Julio Jones isn't going anywhere.  Antonio Brown may be a problem in the locker room with Josh Allen throwing to him instead of Big Ben.  AJ Green was a possible option until they hired the offensive minded Zac Taylor.  Plus, Green has stated repeatedly he's not worried about his contract and is loyal to Cinciannati even going into the last year of his deal.

I do think the Bills would benefit from a reliable veteran WR who can get open and catch the damn ball.  Golden Tate would be ideal, but if we can't sign him somebody like Demarius Thomas (who may cut or traded due to salary cap reasons) would be a good fit.

26 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Three additional wins a season is puhing it but the Steelers pry make the playoffs this year if Bell plays.  I also think people are downplaying the impact of a truly great back because there's so many good backs around the NFL.  However, Daboll comes from the Pats coaching tree who have employed at least in the last decade a running back by committee style.  It's infuriating to any fantasy owner who has a Pats RB.  I think they pass on Bell because of that reason.  Maybe have McCoy and Murphy while rotating with a RB they drafted hoping to find the next Michel, Kerryon J., or Lindsay.  It just makes more sense to spend the money to try and improve the O-line and D-line given games are usually won in the trenches. 

A WR trade would be great but you have to find somebody to tango.  I just don't see the Bills being able to pull it off.  Julio Jones isn't going anywhere.  Antonio Brown may be a problem in the locker room with Josh Allen throwing to him instead of Big Ben.  AJ Green was a possible option until they hired the offensive minded Zac Taylor.  Plus, Green has stated repeatedly he's not worried about his contract and is loyal to Cinciannati even going into the last year of his deal.

I do think the Bills would benefit from a reliable veteran WR who can get open and catch the damn ball.  Golden Tate would be ideal, but if we can't sign him somebody like Demarius Thomas (who may cut or traded due to salary cap reasons) would be a good fit.

This is where I think the disconnect is with the thought towards RB now. It’s not hard to find one. But if you don’t have a good one, you are going to be in trouble. There are a lot of places and ways to get a good one but if you don’t have a good one...it’s going to be magnified. You don’t want to pay a guy a ton because you usually can draft one on the cheap. But if you are a team that doesn’t have one, it’s going to be an issue. I don’t think RBs are less important (now) then they were. I just think people realize there are a ton of good ones. Barkley was the best player in the draft but the value of the #2 pick, doesn’t match up with the value of being the 5th best RB in the nfl. It’s not hard to get a very good RB but at the same time, you better have one.

7 hours ago, Mountain Man said:

Just ask Matt Paradis how much money he wants and give it to him. If he wants the biggest contract ever given to a Center I don't care. He would have a bigger impact on this team than anyone else on the list 

I want Paradis as our top FA. And lower end FA's like Tyrell Williams and Anthony Barr would be very helpful on a more discounted deal.