Sports radio - national and local

YoloinOhio

12 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

The NBA is so unnecessarily dramatic and petty. It’s like covering a teen reality show. 

the key player for the last decade is an emotional man that wants us to hear everything he is thinking at the moment

a far cry from the killer instinct of Jordan or the lethal gamesmanship of Bird/Magic/Kareem/Olajuwon

12 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Seems like every radio station is hit or miss in North Bay.   Radio is one thing that is a big downgrade moving from NYC, probably compared to just about anywhere else.

That's why I mainly (99% of the time) listen to SiriusXM. The new A's home comes in strong (AM), but I'll still listen to satellite radio to catch their games...can't / won't give that station my support. 

7 hours ago, gomper said:

I actually check in from time to time on Papa's show even living in Buffalo. Love when he talks NFL. Glad the 49'ers signed him. Best play by play guy there is. 

He is good and quite knowledgeable, but I'm a huge Raider & 49er hater so I figure it's not worth my time to listen. 

3 hours ago, row_33 said:

the key player for the last decade is an emotional man that wants us to hear everything he is thinking at the moment

a far cry from the killer instinct of Jordan or the lethal gamesmanship of Bird/Magic/Kareem/Olajuwon

It seems they all have the same pissed off, thin skinned persona now, more worried about their twitters than anything else.  Durant is a huge whiny B word.

It's become an unwatchable sport to me these days.

23 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

It seems they all have the same pissed off, thin skinned persona now, more worried about their twitters than anything else.  Durant is a huge whiny B word.

I'll forgive myself for not worshiping KD for joining a 73-win team to help win championships.

i tape 2 or 3 games each night and scrap at least one because the stars can't bother to play more than 3 games in 10 days

• Haha (+1) 1

On 2/15/2019 at 2:46 PM, YoloinOhio said:

Holy *****. I randomly tuned into WGR for one Bills live today because local shows were too depressing. What percentage of WGR callers are day drunk, do you think?? It has to be close to 75%. Complete rambling incoherence. 

with the commercials ....   Drunk is the only way to get through it 

Just now, row_33 said:

I'll forgive myself for not worshiping KD for joining a 73-win team to help win championships.

Here in the Bay Area we're still debating if he gets a statue alongside Stef, Clay and Draymond.  :rolleyes:

This has to be the least likable 'dynasty' ever.

13 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Here in the Bay Area we're still debating if he gets a statue alongside Stef, Clay and Draymond.  :rolleyes:

This has to be the least likable 'dynasty' ever.

I think the world of this team when it is giving its best, not a fan to speak, but the highest respect as a fan of the game....

Least likeable would be the thug Pistons who had to wait for Bird and Magic to fall apart, then Jordan had to wait for the Pistons to fall apart.

17 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

The NBA is so unnecessarily dramatic and petty. It’s like covering a teen reality show. 

35 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

The drama is what it's all about now.  Between that and now the whole game being about 3 pointers, I really have lost interest. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, bbb said:

The drama is what it's all about now.  Between that and now the whole game being about 3 pointers, I really have lost interest. 

you can watch college, it has about .01% of the talent but they slap the floor to show they are serious about D, and those coaches are quite the wacky characters to show us more screen time for them than the players