Sports radio - national and local

YoloinOhio

Which sports radio shows do you listen so regularly? Does your city have more than one local station to choose from? Do you stream local shows from other cities? I listen most of the day at work and do a blend of local and national and sometimes stream WGR, but usually do the on demand for segments I’m interested in. 

I listen to local Cbus radio 6-9 (105.7) and 10-6 (97.1 the main sports station) BUT they just abruptly shut down our secondary sports station 105.7 the Zone and switched formats so my local 6-9 time slot is out, plus the hour i listen to the Dan Patrick show there. I don’t love golic and wingo (on 97.1 6-10)  but might need to go back. 

I sometimes stream WFAN in NY, 92.3 in Cleveland and the Sports Hub or WEEI in Boston 

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, bbb said:

Tony Kornheiser podcast every day.

I didn’t know he had one. I used to listen to his show years ago on espn radio. Still watch PTI. He’s crusty.

47 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

PMT, This Show Stinks, Howard and Jerenmy

Pardon my take is pretty entertaining 

where is “this show stinks?”

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I didn’t know he had one. I used to listen to his show years ago on espn radio. Still watch PTI. He’s crusty.

Pardon my take is pretty entertaining 

where is “this show stinks?”

That is the Korneiser   podcast. Been reading / listening to Mr. Tony since 1988. We both old now. I shudder to think of my life without without him adding to my enjoyment on a near daily basis. 

7 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

That is the Korneiser   podcast. Been reading / listening to Mr. Tony since 1988. We both old now. I shudder to think of my life without without him adding to my enjoyment on a near daily basis. 

Ok - so you are the 2nd or 3rd to mention that then. I’ll have to look into it. I still remember listening to his national show  in the morning like 15 years ago.

12 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

I feel the same way!  I get nervous whenever Tony had his physical ailments!

12 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Ok - so you are the 2nd or 3rd to mention that then. I’ll have to look into it. I still remember listening to his national show  in the morning like 15 years ago.

It's a lot like it.  (I just had a flashback to when Tony would always interrupt The Duke trying to do his sports news update!)

• Like (+1) 1

Holy *****. I randomly tuned into WGR for one Bills live today because local shows were too depressing. What percentage of WGR callers are day drunk, do you think?? It has to be close to 75%. Complete rambling incoherence. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Haha (+1) 1

I listen to zero local radio because.....I just don’t care anything about Atlanta sports. I watch on cable or listen to Sirius in the car. I used to like Mike & Mike, so in their infinite wisdom ESPN removed that option. I’m doing more Dan Patrick and Cowherd now. I used to get Kornheiser when I lived in Florida and enjoyed that. Rome? I changed the channel one day years ago when he wouldn’t stop with the annoying donkey noise, and NEVER went back. 

12 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Holy *****. I randomly tuned into WGR for one Bills live today because local shows were too depressing. What percentage of WGR callers are day drunk, do you think?? It has to be close to 75%. Complete rambling incoherence. 

I listened to WGR  in the rental car when I was back in town last September. I thought I just got a remarkably bad stretch of radio. We all have bad days, right? Maybe it was more typical than I had assumed. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I try to get a call into WGR every time I'm day drunk.  Maybe everyone else has the same idea.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I honestly can't remember the last time I listened to Sports Radio. I get all my sports news/talk online. If it's a topic I'm interested in, great. I'll read the whole thread and chime in if I have something to say. But while I can Ignore @Gugny's threads begging McBeane to give Tyrod a chance under a good QB coach like Flutie, on radio, I'm stuck listening to Schopp and the Bulldog talk about what Tom Hank's best role was.

Although I'd probably turn on my WGR app if the brought back The Coach. #WhoLovesYaBaby

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Butch On The Eastside  called in just to piss off the hosts...that guy was a trip.

• Haha (+1) 1