Mike Iupati Anyone?

H2o

9 minutes ago, vincec said:

It doesn't sound like the Bills are going to pay big money for top, proven free agents, so this is exactly the kind of risk that they are going to have to take if they want to get some help. He is very unlikely to be a long term solution because of his age and injury history, but if he has a good year or two while a rookie develops then it was a successful deal. I say if the price is right then why not?

They have the cap money this year to take more calculated if more expensive risks..

They aren’t going to have forever to build this team, so I think we will see some urgency with who they bring in this offseason in respect of the OL which is the team’s biggest weakness..

Edited by Aussie Joe

1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

They have the cap money this year to take more calculated if more expensive risks..

They aren’t going to have forever to build this team, so I think we will see some urgency with who they bring in this offseason in respect of the OL which is the team’s biggest weakness..

...exactly...why sign more wounded ducks?......Murphy remains a big question mark.......plenty of money versus "blue light specials" IMO......

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...exactly...why sign more wounded ducks?......Murphy remains a big question mark.......plenty of money versus "blue light specials" IMO......

They rolled the dice on a couple of cheaper OL guys last year with mixed results at best..

Flash the cash this year on some top shelf..

7 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

They rolled the dice on a couple of cheaper OL guys last year with mixed results at best..

Flash the cash this year on some top shelf..

...think it is fair to say that McBeane was strapped last year after the cap crap cleanout?.....

1 hour ago, mjt328 said:

Has Bobby Johnson stated what kind of blocking scheme we will be running?

He was with the Colts last year.  From what I've read, the Colts ran a mix of power and zone concepts.

Since we are giving our O-Line a total overhaul, I think Johnson would have the freedom to adjust to whatever talent he is given.

In terms of Mike Iupati, I think the Bills should definitely take a look.  The guard market is very thin in both free agency and the draft. 

When the guy plays, he's really good.  If he manages to stay healthy, you may get a huge steal.

Roman run power if IRC  If he is at a reasonable  price I guess its worth a shot.  But if AZ cut him after what they went through last year it makes me wonder if something is really wrong with him.

6 hours ago, White Linen said:

That player would be much more expensive.   At some point the Bills need to make decisions on filling holes at a value.  I'm not saying we should sign Iupati but we should be looking at these less expensive options after some due diligence is done.  

Why go cheap on our biggest area of need? Isn't this why we traded/released our big contracts, so we can afford to add quality to our team?

5 hours ago, mjt328 said:

Has Bobby Johnson stated what kind of blocking scheme we will be running?

He was with the Colts last year.  From what I've read, the Colts ran a mix of power and zone concepts.

Since we are giving our O-Line a total overhaul, I think Johnson would have the freedom to adjust to whatever talent he is given.

In terms of Mike Iupati, I think the Bills should definitely take a look.  The guard market is very thin in both free agency and the draft. 

When the guy plays, he's really good.  If he manages to stay healthy, you may get a huge steal.

Not really. Was piss poor in 2016, missed 2017 and when he played this past season, he was not good.

17 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

I read that he screamed at a server at McDonald's for not giving him extra BBQ sauce, not a process guy. "Pass" ?‍♂️

Well, that's perfectly understandable, everything at McDonald's needs extra BBQ sauce.

7 hours ago, White Linen said:

That player would be much more expensive.   At some point the Bills need to make decisions on filling holes at a value.  I'm not saying we should sign Iupati but we should be looking at these less expensive options after some due diligence is done.  

You mean like they did with Poyer and Hyde.

7 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Doesn’t seem like a move Beane would make

Actually, this sounds exactly like the move he would make. Cheap, coming off injury so he could be a great reclaimation project, older and may have been good at so.e point but hasnt been recently. Sounds like alot of his recent signings......