Bill Polian on Bills coaching and more....

PIZ

3 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Of course he has. Beane has only had one draft. Not to mention that most of the personnel work they've done have been all about bringing in a QB while cleaning up the cap.

GM work, especially when it starts with a rebuild, nearly always takes longer to evaluate than coaching.

Beane's been here a shorter time and is doing a job that takes longer to (reasonably) evaluate.

I get that we're only two years in or one year in or that 2019 is actually year one; whichever you prefer. But he hasn't produced a competitive roster. I'm underwhelmed by last seasons FA signings & I'm not thrilled with squandering a third rounder on KB or any of the offensive acquisitions for that matter. The reality here is that everything hinges on Allen. If he got that right, he's gonna be fine because my hunch is that McD is calling the shots on much of the defensive personnel.

To this point, McDermott has proven he can coach garbage rosters to 9-7 & 6-10 records. On paper, they look like they should have been 5-11 and 2-14. That is impressive and something I can pinpoint.

While it's relatively early, Beane hasn't proven anything. I find it puzzling that it's more acceptable to ridicule SM than it is to question BB. It's bizarre to tell you the truth. BB has torn down the house. There is no way to know what kind of builder he is until we have tangible evidence that he can field a competitive roster. While I understand it's too early to say he's a failure, it's also WAY too early to say he's a success. This will be the defining off season.

If Beane does his job, the challenge for SM will be to take a quality roster to the next level. We've seen that he's capable of getting the most out of trash.

So the central premise of my original post is that I have more confidence in SM than I do BB for the simple fact that I've seen SM get actual results.

Maybe Beane's a genius and SM will flame out. Who knows? I'm talking about this exact moment in Bills history.

Edited by LSHMEAB

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 4:59 PM, LSHMEAB said:

This is why I'm confused as to why people are more sold on Beane than McDermott.

Teardown/reconstruction/whatever; Beane has yet to put together a competitive roster whereas McDermott has done a fine job with crap rosters. 

McDermott has gotten more results than Beane thus far.

I agree with you.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Imagine watching the Bills bring in the rookie class they just did, which includes not only likely franchise players Allen and Edmunds, but also what look to be quality players and/or draft steals in Taron Johnson and Harrison Philips....AND get UDFAs at CB and WR who were not only legit starters but amongst the best rookies at their positions....and concluding that the Bills front office doesn't know what its doing.

?‍♂️

On 2/9/2019 at 1:19 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

Or perhaps I am just comfortable with the reality either way.

It's a hobby and entertainment...........I want to understand why it is and what to expect and I can be objective about it.

You know how the great athletes say "embrace the suck"........well the realistic Bills should do that with the Bills if necessary........or you end up like our resident apologists dying a thousand deaths while they hope for luck and fate to intervene in Bills results.

As for my screen name............don't expose your still-wet-rodent from the BBMB sinking ship nature..........I've been posting here since 1998 and have had plenty of encouraging things to say when it's deserved?.........there's just been this little "absence of success" thing.    Doesn't stop me from enjoying the game or the tailgating.:beer:

Most posters here do not operate in accordance with the highlighted text.

They are here as members of a fan club, and are here to say "go Bills" no matter what the situation.

I respect their right to enjoy the team on that level, I just wish there was a corner of the world for them to disappear to where they can all high five each other all day on their terms, and leave the discussion forum for objective discussion.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 2/9/2019 at 5:12 PM, eball said:

Unfortunately your know-it-all attitude removes much of the enjoyment from your discussion. If anyone doesn’t agree with you 100% you label them as an apologist or ridicule their opinion. That’s not fun. 

He was same as when he was on radio. You might remember him - Chuck Dickerson.

On 2/10/2019 at 2:48 AM, Aussie Joe said:

Can I get a bet on with these Las Vegas geniuses that the Bills won’t be the worst team in the NFL this season?

You don’t really think they will be right?

I am sure B fan in LA is a bookie there and will take the bet since he has so little confidence in Coach McD.

Question is will he just stick it in his pocket and change his name?