Bill Polian on Bills coaching and more....

PIZ

We are so lucky to have the coaches and GM we have.  Can't wait to see what they can do next season, after Free Agency, the draft, and Josh Allen's second year.

Unfortunately I only got the actual article to come up once....have to be a subscriber I guess.

Edited by PIZ
  • Like (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

I'm not sure how anyone could say winning 15 games over the past 2 years with the roster we have had is anything short of unbeliebvable...Hue jackson would have been 0-32.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

I'm not sure how anyone could say winning 15 games over the past 2 years with the roster we have had is anything short of unbeliebvable...Hue jackson would have been 0-32.

But Hue would tell you no one else could have done what he did! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, PIZ said:

We are so lucky to have the coaches and GM we have.  Can't wait to see what they can do next season, after Free Agency, the draft, and Josh Allen's second year.

Unfortunately I only got the actual article to come up once....have to be a subscriber I guess.

Keep in mind he LOVED him some Dick Jauron.

He encouraged Marv to hire Jauron to replace Mularkey(after Ralph refused to re-hire Marv himself)..........and Polian declared that he'd have hired Jauron for the Colts..........ya' know.........if Tony Dungy hadn't been available.:flirt:

Polian's takes have been pretty irrelevant/bad since the early 2000's IMO............as disappointing as it was that he couldn't finish the defense in Buffalo its even more amazing that he only won 1 SB with Peyton Manning.   

• Like (+1) 4

This is why I'm confused as to why people are more sold on Beane than McDermott.

Teardown/reconstruction/whatever; Beane has yet to put together a competitive roster whereas McDermott has done a fine job with crap rosters. 

McDermott has gotten more results than Beane thus far.

Edited by LSHMEAB
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

We're not the worst!   We're not the worst!    

Where's Promo these days?

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Keep in mind he LOVED him some Dick Jauron.

He encouraged Marv to hire Jauron to replace Mularkey(after Ralph refused to re-hire Marv himself)..........and Polian declared that he'd have hired Jauron for the Colts..........ya' know.........if Tony Dungy hadn't been available.:flirt:

Polian's takes have been pretty irrelevant/bad since the early 2000's IMO............as disappointing as it was that he couldn't finish the defense in Buffalo its even more amazing that he only won 1 SB with Peyton Manning.   

....didn't the late great Bill Walsh espouse Spent Trent Edwards?.....

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....didn't the late great Bill Walsh espouse Spent Trent Edwards?.....

Yep.........long after the game had passed him by as well.

Listening to Polian babble at the Senior Bowl practices was pretty sad.............there's nothing left to give there.

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

This is why I'm confused as to why people are more sold on Beane than McDermott.

Teardown/reconstruction/whatever; Beane has yet to put together a competitive roster whereas McDermott has done a fine job with crap rosters. 

Beane has proven absolutely nothing.

He's only had two years, man.  And it appears that he did something that no Bills GM has been able to do in the 35 years prior to Beane's arrival .... get a real QB.

Oh ... he also got a 3rd round pick for Tyrod Taylor.  That, alone, says that "absolutely nothing," is patently false.

• Like (+1) 10
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yep.........long after the game had passed him by as well.

Listening to Polian babble at the Senior Bowl practices was pretty sad.............there's nothing left to give there.

....nothing more than opinions......plenty hit the nail and even more whiffed......here's a couple of more gems to digest.......Jaws commenting on how "smart JP Losman is with the football"....OR...Brylcream Mel Kiper on Tony Mandarich, calling him "a behemoth....a man playing among boyz.....can't miss HOF'er"...Pepto Bismol time............

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

He's only had two years, man.  And it appears that he did something that no Bills GM has been able to do in the 35 years prior to Beane's arrival .... get a real QB.

Oh ... he also got a 3rd round pick for Tyrod Taylor.  That, alone, says that "absolutely nothing," is patently false.

He has yet to field a competitive roster and he APPEARS to have gotten a real QB. Like I said, he has proven nothing whereas McDermott has proven he can maximize the roster.

I didn't say Beane was going to fail. I said he has proven nothing. Which is true.

Edited by LSHMEAB

1 minute ago, LSHMEAB said:

He has yet to field a competitive roster and he APPEARS to have gotten a real QB. Like I said, he has proven nothing whereas McDermott has proven he can maximize the roster.

I didn't say Beane was going to fail. I said he has proven nothing. Which is true.

So all of the nobodies who Beane secured who are playing on their top 5 defense would've sucked without McDermott?

Just now, Gugny said:

So all of the nobodies who Beane secured who are playing on their top 5 defense would've sucked without McDermott?

Has he fielded a competitive roster? The answer is no. That's all I was saying. What I read from Polian is exactly the way I see it; the coach has gotten the most out of crap rosters. It doesn't mean Beane will never get it done. I just find it odd that people have more confidence in BB than they do in McDermott.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I think they are both on the fence.

Both have done some very good things and glaringly bad things in their respective jobs and they've shown a willingness to correct obvious mistakes, which is encouraging.

Similar position to where Jauron was after his first season.......no balls, no babies though..........and after watching their slow build Vegas clearly thinks they have no balls and that's why they have the worst odds in the NFL to win the SB even though they are a 6 win team with no free agents and a ton of draft picks and cap room.:lol:

The narrative that they inherited a bad team or a team that required re-building isn't accurate though.............they made a choice to create a roster that would be naturally more amenable to a hard working, caring but mistake prone young HC.........patient, well paid vets with few options and try hards and rookies.   They even threw extra money at guys like McCoy and Wood to get them to help sell their process.     It wasn't an entirely organic "process". :lol:

• Thank you (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, PIZ said:

That coach and that GM put together the 2019 roster. That coach started Peterman. Same coach that let Gilmore walk. Same GM that got rid of talent for cap space. 

Past is prologue. I’m moving on and evaluating moves made going forward. But I’m not giving them a pass on prior decisions. 

• Like (+1) 3

55 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I know and he has already had one full offseason to do so.?

Edited by formerlyofCtown

30 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Has he fielded a competitive roster? The answer is no. That's all I was saying. What I read from Polian is exactly the way I see it; the coach has gotten the most out of crap rosters. It doesn't mean Beane will never get it done. I just find it odd that people have more confidence in BB than they do in McDermott.

Well, he was GM when the team made the playoffs.  That was kind of a big deal.  What’s your definition of a “competitive roster” Trolly McTrollenstein?

• Haha (+1) 3