Adam Gase: Family Drama - Wont be the Jets without some drama

14 minutes ago, Stevie Ray said:

Did the PFN author really mean Gase was LOOKING at people the wrong way?

Maybe it's a sexual harassment thing?

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They have a bad roster and are fighting over which side of the call to take the premium talent is my guess. Don’t forget Gregg is the “HC of the Defense” so he’s trying to wield his power too

Yeah, Greggo looking to be the next interim HC of the Jets.

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They have a bad roster and are fighting over which side of the call to take the premium talent is my guess. Don’t forget Gregg is the “HC of the Defense” so he’s trying to wield his power too

This is true. I would love for them to do something utterly stupid like drafting a SS with their first pick.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Clyde Smith said:

This is true. I would love for them to do something utterly stupid like drafting a SS with their first pick.

That made me laugh out loud. They actually have a great young safety tandem,  but I don’t trust Gregg to use them correctly 

• Haha (+1) 1

On 2/9/2019 at 9:48 AM, Limeaid said:

It is pretty clear that Gase blamed his issues on the defense and hence brought in someone he thought would handle all issues on defense side.  Not a bad strategy except perhaps person he choose to do that.

Oh and JEST got Cooter who many wanted here as QB coach.

It’s actually a pretty good staff, not that it guarantees anything,

I personally happen to think that Adam Gase is a bad head coach. It seems like he lost the locker room in Miami. There seemed to be lots of infighting and leaks and players speaking out about their unhappiness. Jordan Phillips, for one, couldn't WAIT to get out of there. Gase even publicly called out his players a few times to the media.

I was quite pleased when the Jets both kept Mike McCagnen as GM AND hired Adam Gase as head coach. That was a good day to be a Bills fan.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

That made me laugh out loud. They actually have a great young safety tandem,  but I don’t trust Gregg to use them correctly 

Well, on Gregg’s defense one of them gets to line up in Albany so.......

This crap was so poorly written, I had to read it twice to makes sure I was understanding the jumbled mess.

So Gase hired his father-in-law and Blake (I could never be friends with someone named Blake) Williams - who's never worked for a team that his daddy didn't work for, too.

Good.

Edited by Gugny

I thought it was incredibly dumb for the Jets to hire Gase immediately after being fired in Miami.  Didn't make sense then, doesn't make sense now.  Add the Gregggggo gasoline-on-a-grease-fire dynamic and it really is all set up to explode, which would suit me just fine.

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Clyde Smith said:

We didn't screw up drafting him, it was when he got that monster contract when he went left.

Very true, but he is no longer helping us out anymore.  So in that thought it didn't work out.

On 2/9/2019 at 9:26 AM, Juice_32 said:

I read this earlier today. It sounds like Greggo’s son is a real a-hole, apples and trees. 

The Gase hire in NY was a head scratcher for me. Hopefully he sets them back 3 or 4 years.

Gase hire was fine IMO, the Williams hire, hmph.  Allen will have to watch his knees when playing the Jets and his head when playing the Dolphins.