Would you trade a high 2020 draft choice for AB?

njbuff

I’d trade a 2nd.  Big risk but the reward is huge.  He’s so impressive to me as a WR.  I think he’s the best I’ve ever seen (not saying he’s the best ever or anything).  I really like the way he plays the position.and I think he’s exacrly what Josh Allen needs.  While this might be crazy and could backfire, I bet on Josh Allen.  I bet that Josh Allen isn’t Big Ben.  Big Ben is a turdburgler and I get why AB doesn’t get along with him (I’ve met Big Ben a few times, not speaking for hearsay).  Josh Allen is a young fun loving and passionate kid.  Seems to me like shady adores him

amd shady is our biggest personality that could compare to AB’s.  

If this was a Stevie Johnson type talent, I wouldn’t want any part of him. With our cap room and his skill level, I’d roll the dice and bet on Josh

His production over the years is ridiculous and you don't have a player of his calibre on the market often.  Beane would have to do his due dilligence and investigate everthing that went south in Pittsburgh given the high drama that seems to go on under tomlin.  Also, we'd somehow have to get a sense of if he'd be willing to play here for an unproven young QB.  If all that checks out the Bills have the salary space to take on the last three years of his contract which seems to be about the max we can get out of him before his body starts to decline.  Maybe add in some incentives and bonuses to the deal to make him warm up to the idea of playing in Buffalo.

My guess is he's going to SF as he's expressed interest there and it makes sense to give Jimmy G a number 1 WR.  I'd at least offer a 2nd and maybe Lawson or Hughes for him only if he checks out.  Josh Allen would benefit immensely.

Edited by Doc Brown

On 2/8/2019 at 9:45 PM, njbuff said:

Simple question.

The Steelers might hold out for a high 2019 pick, which the Bills can't afford to do, since the Bills DO NOT plan on drafting in the top 10 for a long time.

I don't know who holds the leverage (the Steelers or Brown), but, it's apparent that Brown will not be back with the Steelers.

What do you guys think?

YES! Fill a huge need with a perennial All-Pro, yes!

It's kinda funny how many WRs the Steelers have let walk over the years and they keep finding new, better guys that step up.  From Plaxico Burress, Hines Ward (retired), Santonio Holmes, Mike Wallace, Emmanuel Sanders, Antonio Brown and now Juju Smith-Schuster.

I'd rather steal the Pittsburgh WR scout and draft my own new, young players to develop with Allen. I'd rather not have a deva in the locker room...didn't the Bills learn a lesson from Sammy?

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/11/2019 at 9:53 AM, Iron Maiden said:

We are finally building a team the right way.....we don't need the drama....I'll pass....spending huge $$ on any " one " position is not the way to go..( except QB ).....

...great call bud....as painful and prolonged as it is, still remains the "right way" over the long haul.....2019 with 10 picks and $$$ FA bucks will be one of THE most pivotal years in the last decade for this club, or perhaps since the Polian era.....6-10 next year is a genuine cause for concern IMO.....

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 2/10/2019 at 5:04 PM, Pbomb said:

Right so let’s just stay in mediocrity and not even try to get better cause it didn’t work out in the past. Or maybe he would help Allen cause you know he is actually really good, that would be great too.

didnt the rams go out and get suh, Fowler, talib, Peters, woods, whitworth, cooks in 2 off seasons. None were drafted

Adding Antonio Brown doesn't make us that much better. He would probably be the worst thing for Allen IMO. An ego like that with a "give me the ball" attitude won't help Allen. Look at his great relationship with Roethlisberger. You think adding that crap will help a young QB like Allen? I guarantee you if he comes to Buffalo, he's not catching 100+ balls. He's not catching 90 balls. I'd be shocked if he caught 80+ balls. Oh, Brown would love that...Would work wonders for a young QB.

On 2/10/2019 at 3:28 PM, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..AB and OBJ are two MAJOR distractions, that despite their obvious talent, would NEVER fit "the process"........ME versus WE need not apply PERIOD.....just ain't happenin'........simply loathe the "ME" versus "WE" divas who disrespect the game and think they are bigger than the game itself.....eff them despite talent........

Antonio Brown scored 15 TD's last season. Now to me that screams get AB the football. In comparison Buffalo's TE's WR's and RB's combined scored 13 TD's. ( receiving) 15 TD's can help win allot of football games my friend.

As a RB back in the day Thurman Thomas wanted the football. Buffalo was smart enough to give it to him.  Big fan of Thurman Thomas, but it would not surprise me If he was a miserable person to be around sometimes If he didn't get his touches. The Bills team that went to 4 straight Superbowls bickered because it was full of talented players with big ego's. Its funny how when your winning all the negativity along the way is easily forgotten, when you lose everything gets magnifified. My point is the Steelers have been crowned world champions in the past with AB as a big part of their process/ team chemistry.

Myself personally, If Buffalo shows a genuine interest in AB its because McD feels the leadership in the locker room is strong enough to handle it. 

I agree with you on OBJ, he's a major distraction, but I don't know If I can put AB in the same category.

Edited by Figster

6 hours ago, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

Adding Antonio Brown doesn't make us that much better. He would probably be the worst thing for Allen IMO. An ego like that with a "give me the ball" attitude won't help Allen. Look at his great relationship with Roethlisberger. You think adding that crap will help a young QB like Allen? I guarantee you if he comes to Buffalo, he's not catching 100+ balls. He's not catching 90 balls. I'd be shocked if he caught 80+ balls. Oh, Brown would love that...Would work wonders for a young QB.

So adding a top 3 wr for the last 6 years wouldn’t help the bills much? His relationship with Big Ben was fine up til this year. Wasn’t Big Ben calling out the other wrs too and blaming them. Lotta of problems in Pittsburgh, like I said maybe it’s not all him. And your guarantees about catches is pretty meaningless.

im curious if a top wr won’t help the bills what will. Golden Tate? The wr you said you would get in another thread. Basically the same age, will probably cost almost as much money, hooks up with his qbs girlfriend, also brings drama, and is not even close to being on the same level talent wise. Brilliant 

The combination of quitting on his team and continued horrible personal conduct off the field make him a firm NO for me.  He bagged on the last practice before their week 17 game and then the game itself minutes before kickoff. This was while they were fighting for a playoff spot. Then there is the well documented off the field garbage, including the latest DV incident on which he’s still awaiting a possible league suspension. 

The only real positive here besides his level of play -  should he decide to actually take the field - is that he will cost very little in trade compensation.

9 hours ago, Pbomb said:

So adding a top 3 wr for the last 6 years wouldn’t help the bills much? His relationship with Big Ben was fine up til this year. Wasn’t Big Ben calling out the other wrs too and blaming them. Lotta of problems in Pittsburgh, like I said maybe it’s not all him. And your guarantees about catches is pretty meaningless.

im curious if a top wr won’t help the bills what will. Golden Tate? The wr you said you would get in another thread. Basically the same age, will probably cost almost as much money, hooks up with his qbs girlfriend, also brings drama, and is not even close to being on the same level talent wise. Brilliant 

So adding the best WR for the las 6 years wouldn't help the Bills much? No. It wouldn't

His relationship with Ben was fine up til this year? How do you know? Didn't know the 3 of you guys hung out outside the games. Tell me more.

So you're saying signing a big time FA will help a team win games? How did Mario Williams work out for us?

My guarantees is meaningless? A superstar WR who is used to getting 100+ catches a season will probably get 70+ AT MOST. You think that  Brown's not gonna demand the ball more and get inside Allen's head and cause problems? LOL. 

This is the kinda drama and attitude that can hurt a young QB. Sure he's a great WR but he's not the right fit for us right now. No thanks.

Edited by QuoteTheRaven83

2007 - Poslusny

2008 - James Hardy

2009 - Jarius Byrd

2010 - Torrell Troup

2011 - Aaron Williams

2012 - Cordy Glenn

2013 - Robert Woods/Kiko Alonso

2014 - Cyrus K

2015 - Ron Darby

2016 - Reggie Ragland

2017 - Zay Jones/Dion Dawkins

Look at that list. 

Antonio Brown is much better than all those players. 

Hold onto those draft picks Bills fans, but I want to win someday. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

So adding the best WR for the las 6 years wouldn't help the Bills much? No. It wouldn't

His relationship with Ben was fine up til this year? How do you know? Didn't know the 3 of you guys hung out outside the games. Tell me more.

So you're saying signing a big time FA will help a team win games? How did Mario Williams work out for us?

My guarantees is meaningless? A superstar WR who is used to getting 100+ catches a season will probably get 70+ AT MOST. You think that  Brown's not gonna demand the ball more and get inside Allen's head and cause problems? LOL. 

This is the kinda drama and attitude that can hurt a young QB. Sure he's a great WR but he's not the right fit for us right now. No thanks.

Its probably a mute point now, but all this talk about hurting a young QB, well how about how much arguably the best WR in the game can help Josh Allen on the football field. Good grief, these are grown men and If AB came to Buffalo and didn't fit the so called process or disrupts the chemistry McD/Beane would send him packing. Again, AB scored 15 TD's last season,  two more then the whole Bills O, TE's WR's RB's combined.( receiving)

The only reason AB is even remotely available is by choice IMO. Clearly AB doesn't like his QB and perhaps he has good reasons not to that go beyond the playing field. 

Apparently AB is important enough to the Steelers organization for the owner to step in and try to remedy the problem.

• Like (+1) 2