Would you trade a high 2020 draft choice for AB?

njbuff

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yeah thats why I put the disclaimer up hahaha.  Its easy to not want him seeing all this stuff, its a whole other ball of wax to wake up one day and see a new Ferrari to drive for 3 years in the driveway.

Another example:  I would rather draft a RB than go get Bell...money wise, its too much to that position IMO.  But if he WAS actually a Bill, I would switch from too much money mindset to super excited to see him on the field.  

I think JA can drive that Ferrari better then Big Ben, hehe

52 minutes ago, Figster said:

In light of the way AB's last season ended, I understand why many of you feel this way. Myself personally, keeping players like AB in check is why we keep role model players like LeSean McCoy.

Touche on the zero rings... 

McCoy is on his way out. I rather spend the money/draft capital on shoring up the O-line. We would be giving up both to get a player like Brown. Like I said previously he would want a new deal before he even steps foot in Buffalo similar to McCoy.

Brown is best suited to go to a veteran team like the Patriots who have a history of dealing with guys like this. Players either get in line with everyone else or they are dumped. The Pats can afford to take a risk like this. I don't think the Bills can. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

McCoy is on his way out. I rather spend the money/draft capital on shoring up the O-line. We would be giving up both to get a player like Brown. Like I said previously he would want a new deal before he even steps foot in Buffalo similar to McCoy.

Brown is best suited to go to a veteran team like the Patriots who have a history of dealing with guys like this. Players either get in line with everyone else or they are dumped. The Pats can afford to take a risk like this. I don't think the Bills can. 

The Pats have been burned a lot by these types of guys: Chad Ochocinco, Michael Floyd, and Josh Gordon. All came in with elite production and flamed out quickly. They had success with Moss, but who else? 

2 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

The Pats have been burned a lot by these types of guys: Chad Ochocinco, Michael Floyd, and Josh Gordon. All came in with elite production and flamed out quickly. They had success with Moss, but who else? 

And the sad thing is, even with all these misses, they still find a way to win because of their coach and quarterback. Most teams don’t have that luxury.

8 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

And the sad thing is, even with all these misses, they still find a way to win because of their coach and quarterback. Most teams don’t have that luxury.

Amazing what BB and Tom Brady have accomplished.

Myself personally, I just don't put AB in the same category as a Josh Gordon.

3 minutes ago, Figster said:

Amazing what BB and Tom Brady have accomplished.

Myself personally, I just don't put AB in the same category as a Josh Gordon.

I mean, Brown is the better player but there might be more baggage than with Brown.  He just avoids the drugs (or at least getting busted).

• Haha (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Blount is another player. Exactly my point the Pats can afford to get burned by these types of players since they keep winning regardless. The Bills can not afford to miss on someone like this. All these me first type players were shown the door by McDermott/Beane as part of their purge from Dareus to Watkins so doubt they want to bring another one in.

Edited by billieve420

5 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

Blount is another player. Exactly my point the Pats can afford to get burned by these types of players since they keep winning regardless. The Bills can not afford to miss on someone like this. All these me first type players were shown the door by McDermott/Beane as part of their purge from Dareus to Watkings so doubt they want to bring another one in.

How was Sammy me first?  And last I saw of him, he had over 100 yards in the championship game while we were crying about how bad our receivers were.  

Fun fact: you need talent and character.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

Blount is another player. Exactly my point the Pats can afford to get burned by these types of players since they keep winning regardless. The Bills can not afford to miss on someone like this. All these me first type players were shown the door by McDermott/Beane as part of their purge from Dareus to Watkings so doubt they want to bring another one in.

These are all good points including the McD/Beane purge.

Edited by Figster

28 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

How was Sammy me first?  And last I saw of him, he had over 100 yards in the championship game while we were crying about how bad our receivers were.  

Fun fact: you need talent and character.  

I guess telling the media he needs 10 targets a game is not being selfish. Watkins to his credit acknowledged this mistake.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2749319-sammy-watkins-dropped-the-diva-attitude-and-got-his-career-back-on-track-in-la

"I was more of a statistics guy then," he says. "That's what I was chasing. That's what I thought the league was about. I had to learn because when you're losing, things tend to creep into your mind: I should be getting the ball more. If I do get the ball more, we'd be winning. But half the times I did have two touchdowns and 170 yards, we're losing.

"I found out that, hey, the fun is in the winning."

Edited by billieve420

1 hour ago, Figster said:

I think JA can drive that Ferrari better then Big Ben, hehe

Come on man. 

8 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

I guess telling the media he needs 10 targets a game is not being selfish. Watkins to his credit acknowledged this mistake.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2749319-sammy-watkins-dropped-the-diva-attitude-and-got-his-career-back-on-track-in-la

"I was more of a statistics guy then," he says. "That's what I was chasing. That's what I thought the league was about. I had to learn because when you're losing, things tend to creep into your mind: I should be getting the ball more. If I do get the ball more, we'd be winning. But half the times I did have two touchdowns and 170 yards, we're losing.

"I found out that, hey, the fun is in the winning."

He should have got the ball more. He was dominate when we did in the second half of 2016.  He was right and we ran a high school offense. Woods said the same thing.  

But we definitely need more team team first guys like Kelvin Benjamin.

13 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Come on man. 

He should have got the ball more. He was dominate when we did in the second half of 2016.  He was right and we ran a high school offense. Woods said the same thing.  

But we definitely need more team team first guys like Kelvin Benjamin.

We were losing regardless as it is never about 1 player. Everyone needs to be about the team winning rest of it doesn't matter in the end. 

Benjamin was cut last year mid season not sure what point you are trying to make. Front office has cut dead weight and people not making a contribution to the team. They are not afraid of moving on from the mistakes they have made.

Edited by billieve420

2 hours ago, billieve420 said:

Blount is another player. Exactly my point the Pats can afford to get burned by these types of players since they keep winning regardless. The Bills can not afford to miss on someone like this. All these me first type players were shown the door by McDermott/Beane as part of their purge from Dareus to Watkins so doubt they want to bring another one in.

Good mention. Corey Dillon too, now that I think about it. It's about 50/50, it seems ...

3 hours ago, billieve420 said:

Steelers will do everything in their power to trade him to a non-contender

On 2/19/2019 at 10:40 AM, Figster said:

Never said I don't care about team chemistry, just the opposite actually. Elite players set the bar high for those around them IMO. Whats really funny is how bad AB hurt team chemistry when they win a championship. LoL. Or how bad he hurts team chemistry scoring 15 TD's last season. LOL. Ever think maybe AB's not the problem. LOL.

After all we gave to draft Sammy Watkins, and what does Beane do when he's doesn't fit the Bill? thats right, we send him packing. LOL.

Thanks for the laughs.LOL

Sorry fellas, this is a rude way for me to respond, but what comes around goes around sometimes.

Dumbest thing I've heard in awhile. No apologies here. LOL

• Haha (+1) 1