Would you trade a high 2020 draft choice for AB?

njbuff

1 hour ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I believe in acquiring elite talent and AB is certainly that but at the age of 30 he is not worth a 1st rd pick. I would maybe give up a 3rd and another late rd pick but at 30 I'm not sure if this team is at the stage where AB would even consider playing for them.

You are correct. He is also fed by a pass first system in Pitt. When JuJu took looks away he got angry.

Even with JA and the team, AB would not be a focus.

Bad fit, though I respect him as an athlete.

Kareem Hunt would have been much more helpful.

I think McBean is still a year or two from K Hunt. Give them the time.

This team is 1-2 years from amazing, let it happen.

This feels like 1984-1985 all over again.

let it play out

Edited by RocCityRoller

10 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I believe in acquiring elite talent and AB is certainly that but at the age of 30 he is not worth a 1st rd pick. I would maybe give up a 3rd and another late rd pick but at 30 I'm not sure if this team is at the stage where AB would even consider playing for them.

Myself personally, the odds of drafting what will become arguably the best WR in the game are slim to none. The odds of drafting a #1 WR are somewhat slim IMO. Even If you are fortunate enough to hit pay dirt at the WR position it still may take upwards of 3 seasons before the athlete is capable of taking on the position/production of a #1 WR in my humble opinion.

If I was a betting man I would bet Josh Allen and Company can handle the off the field antics/crying of AB, vs the slim odds of drafting a player that would even come close to the talent and on field production.

I agree with you when it comes to Buffalo not being very high on the list of favorable destinations in AB's mind. 

On the other hand the the skill set of Big Ben and Josh Allen are very similar when it comes to arm strenghth , mobility, and an ability to extend plays. Making JA and AB a good on field match in my humble opinion.  Allowing AB to continue right where he left off as one of the best scoring machines in the NFL.

Edited by Figster

On 2/16/2019 at 2:54 PM, Figster said:

Its probably a mute point now, but all this talk about hurting a young QB, well how about how much arguably the best WR in the game can help Josh Allen on the football field. Good grief, these are grown men and If AB came to Buffalo and didn't fit the so called process or disrupts the chemistry McD/Beane would send him packing. Again, AB scored 15 TD's last season,  two more then the whole Bills O, TE's WR's RB's combined.( receiving)

The only reason AB is even remotely available is by choice IMO. Clearly AB doesn't like his QB and perhaps he has good reasons not to that go beyond the playing field. 

Apparently AB is important enough to the Steelers organization for the owner to step in and try to remedy the problem.

I don't want any WR like Brown or Beckham near a young QB like Allen unless there's plenty of veteran presence in the locker room (which we don't have). Sorry you don't care about that stuff but those are team killers.  You don't see Deandre Hopkins stirring up sht with all the QBs he's been through. Fitzgerald in his prime? No thanks. All you guys care is what they do on the field which is important but ONE WR isn't going to improve the QB play. If we trade for him and it doesn't work out, just send him packing? LOL. You think it's that easy? So wasted money and wasted early draft picks? Yea, sounds like a genius idea. "Just send him packing if it doesn't work out." LOL

Edited by QuoteTheRaven83
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 2/15/2019 at 11:55 AM, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

So adding the best WR for the las 6 years wouldn't help the Bills much? No. It wouldn't

His relationship with Ben was fine up til this year? How do you know? Didn't know the 3 of you guys hung out outside the games. Tell me more.

So you're saying signing a big time FA will help a team win games? How did Mario Williams work out for us?

My guarantees is meaningless? A superstar WR who is used to getting 100+ catches a season will probably get 70+ AT MOST. You think that  Brown's not gonna demand the ball more and get inside Allen's head and cause problems? LOL. 

This is the kinda drama and attitude that can hurt a young QB. Sure he's a great WR but he's not the right fit for us right now. No thanks.

Where are you getting your info from?  Fans love to convict people in the court of public opinion on surface info then criticize others opinions based on same surface info.

The truth always lies somewhere in the middle.  Big Ben is no model citizen, so to just assume AB is the problem seems to be a stretch since he hasn't been a known problem prior to this.  

Sometimes relationships just deteriorate and its never one sided, both sides play into it.  People wanting to put all of it on AB without having any of the real facts seems like a premature social media reaction.  

I do not expect us to trade for AB, not really Beanes thing as he has repeatedly said and also shown his preferred path is through the draft.  So in a WR rich draft, I think its unlikely Beane makes a major trade for any WR over 30 for that reason.  But, I also think its silly to now label AB as having no value and treating him like a locker room killer just because he wants out of Pitt.  

And to be honest, I put this on Tomlin more than anyone.  He doesn't seem to have control over his locker room, and its not just with AB.  He is an overrated coach IMO who is underachieving with a Super Bowl caliber roster.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

On 2/9/2019 at 8:30 AM, SoCal Deek said:

Is that frowned upon? 

was that wrong?

On 2/9/2019 at 8:46 AM, Teddy KGB said:

Nope.   Guys dumber than a box of rocks. 

because most NFL players have Masters Degrees from Ivy League schools

I wouldn't trade for this idiot for anything. Would you want to work with this guy in your office job if you knew he was going to cry every time someone else was applauded for their hard work? Would stomp out of meetings? Would work less, making you have to work more? 

I just for the life of me can't comprehend the love affair so many people have with degenerate pieces of trash. You don't need these guys to win, period. You can find a suitable replacement for any one of them. Everyone acts like this jackoff, or Hunt, or Foster or Rice or TO ... should I keep going... are the best player at their position in the history of the league and should therefore be signed and everyone turn a blind eye. 

Worse off, this loser on this team would destroy it crying for the ball. He is who he is because of his QB. He was what, a 6th round pick, who owes his career to his QB. Put him on the Bills, Jets, Cards, Ravens and watch him whine about not getting the targets and the catches. Holy hell.

1 hour ago, Captain Murica said:

uJk01CI.gif

The perfect gif to the perfect comment.  /Thread

2 hours ago, billieve420 said:

After saying it wasn't about the money now comes out that he does want new team guaranteed money.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/02/19/antonio-brown-makes-it-clear-he-wants-new-team-guaranteed-money/

Funny how him and Bell both said it was never about the money.  

21 hours ago, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

I don't want any WR like Brown or Beckham near a young QB like Allen unless there's plenty of veteran presence in the locker room (which we don't have). Sorry you don't care about that stuff but those are team killers.  You don't see Deandre Hopkins stirring up sht with all the QBs he's been through. Fitzgerald in his prime? No thanks. All you guys care is what they do on the field which is important but ONE WR isn't going to improve the QB play. If we trade for him and it doesn't work out, just send him packing? LOL. You think it's that easy? So wasted money and wasted early draft picks? Yea, sounds like a genius idea. "Just send him packing if it doesn't work out." LOL

Never said I don't care about team chemistry, just the opposite actually. Elite players set the bar high for those around them IMO. Whats really funny is how bad AB hurt team chemistry when they win a championship. LoL. Or how bad he hurts team chemistry scoring 15 TD's last season. LOL. Ever think maybe AB's not the problem. LOL.

After all we gave to draft Sammy Watkins, and what does Beane do when he's doesn't fit the Bill? thats right, we send him packing. LOL.

Thanks for the laughs.LOL

Sorry fellas, this is a rude way for me to respond, but what comes around goes around sometimes.

Edited by Figster

30 minutes ago, Figster said:

Never said I don't care about team chemistry, just the opposite actually. Elite players set the bar high for those around them IMO. Whats really funny is how bad AB hurt team chemistry when they win a championship. LoL. Or how bad he hurts team chemistry scoring 15 TD's last season. LOL. Every think maybe AB's not the problem. LOL.

After all we gave to draft Sammy Watkins, and what does Beane do when he's doesn't fit the Bill? thats right, we send him packing. LOL.

Thanks for the laughs.LOL

Sorry fellas, this is a rude way for me to respond, but what comes around goes around sometimes.

Winning championships does not appear to be what is most important to Brown. He has zero rings to show for all his greatness so far in his career. For a young QB who is coming into his own, I wouldn't bring anyone who could derail Josh's development. Josh is the leader of the offense moving forward and I rather not have him have to deal with someone who is more worried about his numbers than winning. 

23 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

Winning championships does not appear to be what is most important to Brown. He has zero rings to show for all his greatness so far in his career. For a young QB who is coming into his own, I wouldn't bring anyone who could derail Josh's development. Josh is the leader of the offense moving forward and I rather not have him have to deal with someone who is more worried about his numbers than winning. 

In light of the way AB's last season ended, I understand why many of you feel this way. Myself personally, keeping players like AB in check is why we keep role model players like LeSean McCoy.

Touche on the zero rings... 

Edited by Figster

I have been on the side that felt AB is worth getting, even though I did not expect us to.  I felt like McD is a strong coach and could manage his locker room compared to Tomlin who I think is overrated and done a poor job in the locker room.

HOWEVER:  AB keeps hurting his case more and more each day.  My opinion is now being swayed away from liking the idea of him coming here (even though I never really thought he would anyway).  His team around him is failing him poorly by not finding a way to keep this dude out of the media, some anonymous GM's have reportedly already said this stuff has changed their interest in him.  

I would be open to a trade for Julio, Green, or OBJ...but my preference is to stay young and drama free and go sign Humphries to lock down that Kupp/Edelman slot weapon for Josh (He is a definite upgrade to Zay IMO at that), then draft Metcalf or someone early, and then steal Marquise Brown in the 3rd after his injury.  

Sorry AB, been a big fan, but you have even lost my enthusiasm for you with your idiotic antics on social and the off field issues that have to come to light.  Bye Felicia 

DISCLAIMER:  I reserver the right to be excited if the best WR in football defies the odds and is traded to the Bills just on sheer fact I have a man crush on Allen and will be thrilled to see him have an Elite weapon now.  Until then, I reserve the right to say FU AB, you aren't worth the headache because you are too stupid to keep your mouth shut and your nose clean.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I have been on the side that felt AB is worth getting, even though I did not expect us to.  I felt like McD is a strong coach and could manage his locker room compared to Tomlin who I think is overrated and done a poor job in the locker room.

HOWEVER:  AB keeps hurting his case more and more each day.  My opinion is now being swayed away from liking the idea of him coming here (even though I never really thought he would anyway).  His team around him is failing him poorly by not finding a way to keep this dude out of the media, some anonymous GM's have reportedly already said this stuff has changed their interest in him.  

I would be open to a trade for Julio, Green, or OBJ...but my preference is to stay young and drama free and go sign Humphries to lock down that Kupp/Edelman slot weapon for Josh (He is a definite upgrade to Zay IMO at that), then draft Metcalf or someone early, and then steal Marquise Brown in the 3rd after his injury.  

Sorry AB, been a big fan, but you have even lost my enthusiasm for you with your idiotic antics on social and the off field issues that have to come to light.  Bye Felicia 

DISCLAIMER:  I reserver the right to be excited if the best WR in football defies the odds and is traded to the Bills just on sheer fact I have a man crush on Allen and will be thrilled to see him have an Elite weapon now.  Until then, I reserve the right to say FU AB, you aren't worth the headache because you are too stupid to keep your mouth shut and your nose clean.

I'm getting torn on this topic myself. To many good posters are against the idea.

but still...

Edited by Figster
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Figster said:

I'm getting torn on this topic myself. To many good posters are against the idea.

but still...

Yeah thats why I put the disclaimer up hahaha.  Its easy to not want him seeing all this stuff, its a whole other ball of wax to wake up one day and see a new Ferrari to drive for 3 years in the driveway.

Another example:  I would rather draft a RB than go get Bell...money wise, its too much to that position IMO.  But if he WAS actually a Bill, I would switch from too much money mindset to super excited to see him on the field.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Thank you (+1) 1