Would you trade a high 2020 draft choice for AB?

njbuff

14 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

I honestly don't understand the anatomy of the problem in Pittsburgh well enough.

It's not clear who's the jerk or whether they're all problem children. I'd need to do a lot more research, but since I'm not actually involved in a decision I'll spend my time elsewise instead.

Yeah, the Steelers organization hasn't had much drama in their history.  Other than the Big Ben rape case, I think you'd gave to go all the way back to Joe Gilliam in the 70's.

He has been great the last few years, issue is he’s not the guy you want for an unproven young quarterback. Of course he can help Allen grow, but some of you seem to be missing how much he’ll set Allen back. 

Josh is still learning how to read the whole field, you don’t want a guy who is going to yell at Allen or have temper tantrums if he’s not getting enough targets or Allen doesn’t see him on enough plays. 

AB is all about AB, winning is not as important as getting his numbers. All you guys wanting him to come here have you watched steeler games? That dude has temper tantrums when they are winning because Ben doesn’t see him open or misses a read. Last thing Allen needs is a teammate yelling at him on the sidelines or going to the press crying. McDermott would cut him by week 4 regardless of his numbers 

• Like (+1) 2

A lot of hate for ab, I don’t recall prior to this year him being a problem at all for Pittsburgh. I would trade a 2nd or 3rd for him, he isn’t that old, and wouldn’t be that expensive. Would instantly fix our wr core. He would probably be on his best behavior to show Pittsburgh up. My only concern would be with poyer, I would check into that first. 

We have a huge need at wr and one of the best in the league is available and people don’t want him?

i wonder if all these people saying definitely no and stuff would be happy then if the patriots traded for him

6 hours ago, Pbomb said:

A lot of hate for ab, I don’t recall prior to this year him being a problem at all for Pittsburgh. I would trade a 2nd or 3rd for him, he isn’t that old, and wouldn’t be that expensive. Would instantly fix our wr core. He would probably be on his best behavior to show Pittsburgh up. My only concern would be with poyer, I would check into that first. 

We have a huge need at wr and one of the best in the league is available and people don’t want him?

i wonder if all these people saying definitely no and stuff would be happy then if the patriots traded for him

Ask yourself this. Are we an Antonio Brown away from making the Super Bowl? Is he that ONE missing piece that will put us over the top? If not, then why are you trading away valuable assets to fill other needs? 

Patriots are already contenders to make the SB next year so adding Brown will make them that much more dangerous so that's a stupid comparison. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

Ask yourself this. Are we an Antonio Brown away from making the Super Bowl? Is he that ONE missing piece that will put us over the top? If not, then why are you trading away valuable assets to fill other needs? 

Patriots are already contenders to make the SB next year so adding Brown will make them that much more dangerous so that's a stupid comparison. 

Isn’t he a valuable asset himself that we would be adding and fill a major need. So because we are not super bowl contenders we shouldn’t try to get good veterans. He isn’t that old, I would hope the bills are trying to build a Super Bowl contender within a couple years while he would still be here

Seems like there is a lot of problems in Pittsburgh, maybe it’s not all his fault 

Edited by Pbomb

52 minutes ago, Pbomb said:

Isn’t he a valuable asset himself that we would be adding and fill a major need. So because we are not super bowl contenders we shouldn’t try to get good veterans. He isn’t that old, I would hope the bills are trying to build a Super Bowl contender within a couple years while he would still be here

Seems like there is a lot of problems in Pittsburgh, maybe it’s not all his fault 

Obviously you haven't been following the situation. 

No team builds their team by overpaying players. Did that work out for us with Mario Williams? How did T.O. do for us? I forgot about all those playoffs we made with those star players. All those playoff appearances we made with Shady. But Antonio Brown is the chosen one right? Look at all those high paid free agents the Patriots signed over the years. How many high priced moves have the Saints and Rams made?  Sure the Rams made a bold move for Brandin Cooks but the Rams were already SB contenders and felt that he'd push them over the top. Ended up to be a great move especially when Kupp went down. These teams built through the draft and signing FAs to fill holes. Best WR doesn't equal Super Bowl. Doesn't work that way.

How great would it be if Allen struggles and we have Antonio Brown bitching him out. What wonders it will do for a young QB. 

19 hours ago, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

No to Bell and no to Brown. Spend LOTS of money on o-line and draft BPA on draft day. 

One of the greatest criminals/murderers Marvin Harrison? The violent one? Yea, that one. 

Is he in prison?  Oh wait, the rumored one?  Yeah that one. 

..AB and OBJ are two MAJOR distractions, that despite their obvious talent, would NEVER fit "the process"........ME versus WE need not apply PERIOD.....just ain't happenin'........simply loathe the "ME" versus "WE" divas who disrespect the game and think they are bigger than the game itself.....eff them despite talent........

4 hours ago, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

Obviously you haven't been following the situation. 

No team builds their team by overpaying players. Did that work out for us with Mario Williams? How did T.O. do for us? I forgot about all those playoffs we made with those star players. All those playoff appearances we made with Shady. But Antonio Brown is the chosen one right? Look at all those high paid free agents the Patriots signed over the years. How many high priced moves have the Saints and Rams made?  Sure the Rams made a bold move for Brandin Cooks but the Rams were already SB contenders and felt that he'd push them over the top. Ended up to be a great move especially when Kupp went down. These teams built through the draft and signing FAs to fill holes. Best WR doesn't equal Super Bowl. Doesn't work that way.

How great would it be if Allen struggles and we have Antonio Brown bitching him out. What wonders it will do for a young QB. 

Right so let’s just stay in mediocrity and not even try to get better cause it didn’t work out in the past. Or maybe he would help Allen cause you know he is actually really good, that would be great too.

didnt the rams go out and get suh, Fowler, talib, Peters, woods, whitworth, cooks in 2 off seasons. None were drafted

• Like (+1) 1