Which non-Bills draft pick stung the most?

Buffalo86

Russell Wilson.  It was exciting when he was still in the board in the 3rd round.and the Bills were trading up to get him!  And then they accidentally turned in the card for TJ Graham. Who is that and why isn’t he on any of the draft rankings?

that was a strange one.Ty Hilton slipped to the 3rd round that year too.

Missing Roethlisberger by one pick was thought. 

• Like (+1) 2

Taking Maybin, over just about anyone - although Orakpo was still on the board.

When it was obvious we were going to go RB (again) in the 1st round, I seriously would rather we had traded up for Peterson, or traded a 2nd rounder for the guy who spelled LT in San Diego. Lynch was by no means a bad player, but either of the other options would have been better value, imho. AP was head and shoulders above anyone else in that draft.

Passing over Gronk was also annoying. The Bills and TEs don't seem to work well together any more, whether it's drafting them, or FAs. We probably have a better chance in FA tbh.

Mahomes, not because I knew he was going to be a stud, but because I think it was a chickenshit move. McDermott waiting until Beane got here before drafting a QB with serious talent. Poor management and decision making imho, and might have slowed the franchises latest attempt to become a consistent contender, by a year or two.

In 2008, the Bills had Pick #11.  They chose Leotis Mc Kelvin.  The Bills were as usual, in desperate need of blocking and went for a db. Par for the course of stupidity.

The next player selected  was LT Ryan Clady. The truth is that I didn't know much about him. I was screaming for Branden Albert, and was under the impression that he would be an all time great guard. Well not only was he a great guard, he actually made the rare transition of moving from guard to left tackle and was highly successful there as well.

In 2003, the Bills once again had a horrible offensive line and picked at #23. I was hoping for Eric Steinbach, a totally solid guard. The Bills chose Willis Magahee. He was a good player but the Bills had to wait a full season plus 4 games to see him due to  a very serious injury. That's right.....20 games. Steinbach was taken with the 1st pick in round 2 by the Bengals and was an excellent left guard for years.

There is no way that a fan like me should ever be better at drafting players than an NFL GM. Not ever and it happened year after freaking year. Teenage kids with a copy of NFL Weekly could select better players than the Bills drafted.

Edited by Bill from NYC

7 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

In 2008, the Bills had Pick #11.  They chose Leotis Mc Kelvin.  The Bills were as usual, in desperate need of blocking and went for a db. Par for the course of stupidity.

The next player selected  was LT Ryan Clady. The truth is that I didn't know much about him. I was screaming for Branden Albert, and was under the impression that he would be an all time great guard. Well not only was he a great guard, he actually made the rare transition of moving from guard to left tackle and was highly successful there as well.

There is no way that a fan like me should ever be better at drafting players than an NFL GM. Not ever and it happened year after freaking year. Teenage kids with a copy of NFL Weekly could select better players than the Bills drafted.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with you. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Buffalo86 said:

Yes, hard to think of a worse pick than Maybin. 

Mike Williams was worse.  Orakpo was a decent player, had a good career, but the Bills didn't miss out on much there either.

Passing on Haloti Ngata for Donte Whitner was the Billsy'est move that I can remember.  Marv was a horrible GM!

• Like (+1) 1

The JP Losmen trade causing us to miss out on drafting Rodgers the next year   

5 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Oh, jeez. Don't remind me. That hurt.

Big Ben does not bother me....I know the Bills did everything in their power to trade with the Jags @9 to jump the Steelers     of course we could always complain about how late season meaningless victories actually do more harm to a teams long term success