Who's your sleeper WR draft choice?

WideNine

3 minutes ago, WideNine said:

You wonder how some of these kids never make it to D1 schools...academics maybe?

Watched his Hudl clips (that brought back some memories), and the few Malone University clips. Considering the competition was looking for a man among boys - found one. Used all over the place and on kick returns. His combine numbers will be interesting as he covered ground in a hurry. Last time I checked the 100 yards at the Benson Hall of Fame field was the same distance as Alabama's.

The Bills have some good history with small school prospects.

Not sure. Could be the next Pierre garçon. I personally think he could have played at osu but Urban liked to ignore local kids unless they were 5 star. He’s from Columbus area and was a big track star, I think he started the football late. Kind of a kahlil Mack situation. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

1) the thread asked for a sleeper. I could easily have picked someone on the radar from a big school, I chose a real sleeper. 2) he got one of a limited # of combine invites, which is the main HQ of draft prospects. The league must not be concerned with who he played.

Understood, he may truly be a sleeper.  But if he played primarily schools having very limited programs and little talent or also on the verge of dropping football, perhaps he's more a superior athlete who really stood out in a limited field than a sleeper pick for the draft.

5 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Understood, he may truly be a sleeper.  But if he played primarily schools having very limited programs and little talent or also on the verge of dropping football, perhaps he's more a superior athlete who really stood out in a limited field than a sleeper pick for the draft.

Truth is there are also a lot of decent athletes at those smaller schools too, but you are right regarding the competition. That is why talent evaluators are looking for someone who is clearly dominant.

There were not too many folks that knew there was a NDSU till Wentz came out of it. Didn't go D1 till 2007 and the Missouri Valley Football Conference is not exactly the SEC.

This kid earned a NFL combine invite and that is done via a committee so someone saw enough or had the right connections to give him his day in the sun to see how his measurables stack up against the D1 prospects.

8 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Sleeper? 

WR Ashton Dulin, Malone University in Canton, OH (D2)

Super speed, 6’2 210. He will be at the combine. College coach played at osu, said he could have played there. He turned down a track scholarship at UNC to stay in Ohio and play football. He was at the NFLPA game. Interestingly, Malone just announced they are shutting down the football program. 

Parris will barely make it to the 2nd round

Malone just dropped football?

7 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

1) the thread asked for a sleeper. I could easily have picked someone on the radar from a big school, I chose a real sleeper. 2) he got one of a limited # of combine invites, which is the main HQ of draft prospects. The league must not be concerned with who he played.

I'm with you Yolo, three 1st round picks highlighted in this thread. Their not sleepers, everyone knows them. 

As for a true sleeper, I'm still thinking?????

Edited by CSBill

7 hours ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

For me it's Oklahoma WR Marquise Brown, Mayfield's go to WR, not only has speed but he can run all the routes in the NFL. He isn't huge or physical but I see some of the same traits that I saw in Antonio Brown when he first came into the league. I think you can ***** him up in round 2 and be glad we did.

I like Hollywood Brown but this thread asked about sleepers. 

“We have all beat the big WR names around for a while, how about the later round guys who could be gamers?”

He’s a big WR name and a first rounder in most mocks. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Kirby's sleeper plays for Ohio State? Well knock me down with a feather. 

When does Braxton Miller get his gold jacket by the way? ?

Ha ha, I almost went with another Buckeye in McLaurin. He feels like a guy that will kick around forever. He’s just a good WR. 

I feel like Campbell has been a little underrated throughout the process. He has a Tyreke Hill level of explosiveness imo. He’s going to run (really) fast. Maybe he will climb then but if he’s around late in day 2 (which is possible) he’s a game changer. 

If you want my non-Buckeye sleeper (not that Campbell is a deep sleeper just underrated) I will go with Jazz Ferguson from Northwestern State. The school that brought us Al Edwards, Craig Nall, Demetress Bell & Terrence McGee (also Mark Duper from the Dolphins) could bring us what Kelvin Benjamin was supposed to be, a monster. He’s a former 5-star that started at LSU before transferring. There are some character concerns (failed drug test) but he’s a great, high ceiling option with one of our late round picks. 

https://youtu.be/pCgX9H0HMkE

Edited by Kirby Jackson

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Ha ha, I almost went with another Buckeye in McLaurin. He feels like a guy that will kick around forever. He’s just a good WR. 

I feel like Campbell has been a little underrated throughout the process. He has a Tyree Hill level of explosiveness imo. He’s going to run (really) fast. Maybe he will climb then but if he’s around late in day 2 (which is possible) he’s a game changer. 

If you want my non-Buckeye sleeper (not that Campbell is a deep sleeper just underrated) I will go with Jazz Ferguson from Northwestern State. The school that brought us Al Edwards, Craig Nall, Demetress Bell & Terrence McGee (also Mark Duper from the Dolphins) could bring us what Kelvin Benjamin was supposed to be, a monster. He’s a former 5-star that started at LSU before transferring. There are some character concerns (failed drug test) but he’s a great, high ceiling option with one of our late round picks. 

https://youtu.be/pCgX9H0HMkE

I’d take any of the Buckeye WR trio - Campbell at the top, Terry in the middle, even some Johnnie D at the end of the draft. Each very different types of players but all going to be good imo. All Sean-level process guys too (for those who keep track)

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

For me it's Oklahoma WR Marquise Brown, Mayfield's go to WR, not only has speed but he can run all the routes in the NFL. He isn't huge or physical but I see some of the same traits that I saw in Antonio Brown when he first came into the league. I think you can ***** him up in round 2 and be glad we did.

Not quite a sleeper. He is one of the highest profile WR’s in the draft.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Damian said:

Keelan Doss UC-Davis

6'3" 209

Played with a lame QB, so had to learn how to catch everything.  Excellent at making contested catches.

I was just getting ready to post the exact same guy.  He will likely move up the boards during the draft process. (Already showed well at Senior Bowl) I would LOVE to get him in 5-6th round. (Currently projected to go in 6-7)

https://www.nfldraftdiamonds.com/2018/08/keelan-doss/

Keelan Doss of UC Davis is big physical wideout that will win the 50/50 ball battle. 

Runs flawless routes has quick body movement works his way open or just out jumps the competition  with his awe inspiring grabs and his incredibly strong reliable hands. Can split the secondary with his athletic tough style, make the  big plays in tight coverage with his quick short area movements great handwork , perception along with tremendous timing

Edited by buffaloboyinATL
  • Like (+1) 1

Tyre Brady. Marshall. Guy has possibly the best hands of any WR in this draft. Outstanding catch radius which is a good fit for us.

As an aside, I sent out a random tweet about Brady and 3 of his teammates RT'd. I guess his teammates like him, but it's a bit odd they're doing random searches of his name. 

4 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Speed speed speed

Campbell is more of a hybrid offensive weapon than a pure WR but his combine workout is going to be appointment viewing.

i posted this in the fall on the CFB board... good read on his nfl skill set. Could he most effective used in a Christian McCaffrey, Alvin Kamara role. Also Tyreek hill comparisons. 

Edited by YoloinOhio