Who's your sleeper WR draft choice?

WideNine

14 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Parris will barely make it to the 2nd round

I see Walter has him at late 2...highest I've seen so far.Regardless,I would love to see him in our colors since he vastly improves two positions.

53 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...well at least these projections have "narrowed" him down to going between rounds 1 & 5........:thumbsup:

On the mock draft subject, Draft Tek didn’t have the Ohio State receiver coming off the board until the fifth round at No. 146 to the Minnesota Vikings.

from Walter Football:

Parris Campbell, WR, Ohio State
Height: 6-0. Weight: 205.
Projected 40 Time: 4.35.
Projected Round (2019): 1-2.

He wasn't ranked that high a month ago...goes to show us how much film is being watched now.

If its a late round sleeper you're talking about...Cody Thompson, Toledo.

His first 3 years he was averaging about 20 ypc and had over 1200 yards his junior year. His senior year, he had over 500 yards before he he was hurt in game 5. His senior numbers are down, but their offense didn't look as good as its been.

He gets separation deep, and contrary to what I read on Draftnetwork, I think his ball skills are good. He catches with his hands and brings it into his body in a quick fluid motion. He might not be in Hakeem Butler's league as far as the acrobatic catch, but he seems to make contested catches and one handed catches. 

He gets lots of YAC because he breaks tackles after the catch effortlessly. He seems to know which way he's going to go while the ball is in the air. He'll be a COmbine invite and I'll be curious to know what his numbers are.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

I see Walter has him at late 2...highest I've seen so far.Regardless,I would love to see him in our colors since he vastly improves two positions.

He wasn't ranked that high a month ago...goes to show us how much film is being watched now.

..gets to be an interesting dichotomy.......guess I will no longer believe the draft or FA is an exact science (COUGH).....:thumbsup:

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....got it....so he expected to go in the 1st and dozed in the Green Room until the 3rd...."sound sleeper"........:thumbsup:

a guy with a range from round 1-5 is tough to call.

This isn't Aaron Rogers or Thurman Thomas

47 minutes ago, CookieG said:

If its a late round sleeper you're talking about...Cody Thompson, Toledo.

His first 3 years he was averaging about 20 ypc and had over 1200 yards his junior year. His senior year, he had over 500 yards before he he was hurt in game 5. His senior numbers are down, but their offense didn't look as good as its been.

He gets separation deep, and contrary to what I read on Draftnetwork, I think his ball skills are good. He catches with his hands and brings it into his body in a quick fluid motion. He might not be in Hakeem Butler's league as far as the acrobatic catch, but he seems to make contested catches and one handed catches. 

He gets lots of YAC because he breaks tackles after the catch effortlessly. He seems to know which way he's going to go while the ball is in the air. He'll be a COmbine invite and I'll be curious to know what his numbers are.

I know his uncle .., great choice. He’s a prospect.

1 hour ago, Misterbluesky said:

I stay with the train of thought...you are as good as your scouting staff is.

...to his credit, McBeane has assembled his "Gang of 17" staff, made up mostly of former NFL VP's of Player Personnel or Directors of Player Personnel level....all on Pegula's nickel...I'd bet the scout staff plus McBeane is $5+ mil salary...and IMO, fair to say they did do their homework....only one gone is Proehl....add in UDFA's Wallace and Foster for good measure...not too bad for the 1st year together......next up is 2019 with 10 picks and $$$ FA dollars......stay tuned....

Round 4, Pick 21 (No, 121 overall): Taron Johnson, CB, Weber State

Round 5, Pick 17 (No. 154 overall) [via Baltimore]: Siran Neal, CB, Jacksonville State

Round 5, Pick 29 (No. 166 overall): Wyatt Teller, G, Virginia Tech

Round 6, Pick 13 (No. 187 overall): Ray-Ray McCloud, WR, Clemson

Round 7, Pick 37 (No. 255 overall): Austin Proehl, WR, North Carolina

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, WideNine said:

I thought that kid looked pretty good on the game clips I watched - talent is there.

Had that domestic charge with the girlfriend though...and that may keep him off some boards

Kid was one of the top WR prospects in the country coming out of high school.

Put up huge numbers this year. 96 receptions, like 1400 yards and 14 TDs. 

2 of those games were against SEC opponents where he had like 24 receptions 225 yards and 2 TDs.

Id take him in the 3rd. I think after the combine, interviews and prodays he’ll rebound. But ultimately I think he’s got 1st round talent for sure.

20 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

Kid was one of the top WR prospects in the country coming out of high school.

Put up huge numbers this year. 96 receptions, like 1400 yards and 14 TDs. 

2 of those games were against SEC opponents where he had like 24 receptions 225 yards and 2 TDs.

Id take him in the 3rd. I think after the combine, interviews and prodays he’ll rebound. But ultimately I think he’s got 1st round talent for sure.

The kid can ball, when I first looked at this class of WR's he caught my eye and I said this about Williams

"Some others:

Preston Williams - hard to tell what you have with that Colorado offense, but the kid good size, ran good routes, used outside, inside, and on sweeps. He gets behind defenses, catches with his hands and has pretty tough RAC."

25 minutes ago, WideNine said:

The kid can ball, when I first looked at this class of WR's he caught my eye and I said this about Williams

"Some others:

Preston Williams - hard to tell what you have with that Colorado offense, but the kid good size, ran good routes, used outside, inside, and on sweeps. He gets behind defenses, catches with his hands and has pretty tough RAC."

He reminds me of AJ Green. Same height and weight. Even there mechanics and the way they run look identical.

I honestly think in 2-3 years he will make a name for himself. I don’t think the kid has character issues even though he had a run in his freshman year.

I don't think the Bills WR are that bad.

Z Jones and R. Foster can both go 750/ 5 TD this year. Add in D Thompson and D Williams (CFL) in a full off season, and see what happens.

Don't reach on a WR (Metcalf comes to mind)

Go inside out. Trade down. Draft DF7 and Oline. Get young legs at RB late.

Take the best blocking TE in the 5th or so.

1-2 new Oline (FA and draft), great blocking TE, give JA time and send 3WR and a RB into flight.

Let JA find who is open and throw to him, if no on is open run.

Improve the DF7 and allow opportunity for this terrific DB group (White, Hyde, Poyer, Wallace) to make plays.

With the cap money extend Poyer and Hyde now. Help them make plays to give JA a chance on short fields.

The Bills are so close.

Inside out. OL and DEF7 this draft. Its a crazy good draft for DEF7, get one.

Edited by RocCityRoller