Who's your sleeper WR draft choice?

WideNine

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Campbell is more of a hybrid offensive weapon than a pure WR but his combine workout is going to be appointment viewing.

i posted this in the fall on the CFB board... good read on his nfl skill set. Could he most effective used in a Christian McCaffrey, Alvin Kamara role. Also Tyreek hill comparisons. 

Sign me up for that. 800 rush and 800 receiving. Done. All day. 

10 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Sign me up for that. 800 rush and 800 receiving. Done. All day. 

A lot of his receiving yards were of the horizontal pass/jet sweep/ “get him in space”/YAC variety. That can be very effective in the nfl, but I personally think the Bills will try to draft more a pure WR at the point where Campbell is going to be off the board. He was a RB in HS and they made him into an Hback. He did improve his hands this past season and downfield catching but hard to say if that had more to do with Haskins being so accurate of a passer. He’s a guy that a team who already has an established WR1 will take to upgrade their arsenal, I wish but don’t think the Bills are that team unless they secure someone else before the draft. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

A lot of his receiving yards were of the horizontal pass/jet sweep/ “get him in space”/YAC variety. That can be very effective in the nfl, but I personally think the Bills will try to draft more a pure WR at the point where Campbell is going to be off the board. He’s a guy that a team who already has an established WR1 will take to upgrade their arsenal, I wish but don’t think the Bills are that team unless they secure someone else before the draft. 

Yeah. I don't think we have the luxury of drafting an upgraded version of McKittrick. Campbell is a much better prospect than Isaac, but I agree with your overall sentiment. Although if they have him rated super high and he's still on the board where they see it as tremendous value, you can't dismiss it entirely.

3 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Yeah. I don't think we have the luxury of drafting an upgraded version of McKittrick. Campbell is a much better prospect than Isaac, but I agree with your overall sentiment. Although if they have him rated super high and he's still on the board where they see it as tremendous value, you can't dismiss it entirely.

I had that same thought. Say they get an extra second (or third? Not sure where he will go but i expect high) in a trade and he’s there.... tough to pass up

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, CGBills121 said:

If we aren't taking DK Metcalf at 9 I like N'Keal Harry or Kelvin Harmon.  Might have to trade back into the 1st round.  If we land a OT and WR in 1st round id be pumped.

I don't like Metcalf at all. But I like N'Keal Harry and Harmon so thumbs up.

12 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...unfortunately I don't get to see college ball because of work schedule......so can anybody add to their sleeper pick as to where?........do we have to trade up or trade down to land your sleeper?....thank you............

Not an exact science.

I take a very broad view of sleeper pick, but basically someone my team picks up that I think should have gone a couple rounds earlier, or is not even mocked to go in the draft, or actually goes undrafted.

Off or under the radar prospects.

Best if no one picks them up and your team can grab them as an undrafted free agent.

When you look at the UFAs the Bills have picked up, who have not only started, but excelled...they are doing their homework; although last year I think Daboll gave them a Bama cheat sheet.

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Campbell is more of a hybrid offensive weapon than a pure WR but his combine workout is going to be appointment viewing.

i posted this in the fall on the CFB board... good read on his nfl skill set. Could he most effective used in a Christian McCaffrey, Alvin Kamara role. Also Tyreek hill comparisons. 

I'd take any of the above comparisons, figure out how to use him

Edited by RocCityRoller

1 minute ago, WideNine said:

Not an exact science.

I take a very broad view of sleeper pick, but basically someone my team picks up that I think should have gone a couple rounds earlier, or is not even mocked to go in the draft, or actually goes undrafted.

Off or under the radar prospects.

Best if no one picks them up and your team can grab them as an undrafted free agent.

When you look at the UFAs the Bills have picked up, who have not only started, but excelled...they are doing their homework; although last year I think Daboll gave them a Bama cheat sheet.

....much appreciated....didn't know if folks chose their sleeper and also forecasted where.....:thumbsup:

15 hours ago, CGBills121 said:

If we aren't taking DK Metcalf at 9 I like N'Keal Harry or Kelvin Harmon.  Might have to trade back into the 1st round.  If we land a OT and WR in 1st round id be pumped.

Sleeper wr

8 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

...well at least these projections have "narrowed" him down to going between rounds 1 & 5........:thumbsup:

On the mock draft subject, Draft Tek didn’t have the Ohio State receiver coming off the board until the fifth round at No. 146 to the Minnesota Vikings.

from Walter Football:

Parris Campbell, WR, Ohio State
Height: 6-0. Weight: 205.
Projected 40 Time: 4.35.
Projected Round (2019): 1-2.

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...well at least these projections have "narrowed" him down to going between rounds 1 & 5........:thumbsup:

On the mock draft subject, Draft Tek didn’t have the Ohio State receiver coming off the board until the fifth round at No. 146 to the Minnesota Vikings.

from Walter Football:

Parris Campbell, WR, Ohio State
Height: 6-0. Weight: 205.
Projected 40 Time: 4.35.
Projected Round (2019): 1-2.

that would qualify as a sleeper then!

I like Brady from Marshall, and the other kid from Ole Miss is intriguing. Sometimes those guys buried on the depth chart in college can make a career when given a chance.

Emmanuel Hall from Missouri is another one. Super fast and used to chasing deep balls from Drew Lock. I would love to get one big reciever, one solid TE, and a speed guy. It’d be fun to see the defense try to protect against two burners while also spying the QB.

23 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

That is certainly valid 

he’s a great story. Kid from Akron, played at Lebron’s HS. Enrolled at osu at 16 years old and played 5 years. 

Edited by YoloinOhio