Who's your sleeper WR draft choice?

WideNine

We have all beat the big WR names around for a while, how about the later round guys who could be gamers?

Mine is Jalen Hurd out of Baylor.

6'4" 230 with 77" arm span.  A bit raw at the position as he transferred from Tennessee where he was one of their top featured running backs - yep, a 6'4" running back.

A lot of questions around this kid and his fallout with the Tenn coaching staff (which for what it's worth went through an overhaul afterwards), minor knee operation, so I will be curious what his combine numbers are.

You watch the Baylor film on this kid and he is a baller...trying to remember if I have ever seen any other 6 foot plus WR's pounding it between the tackles before....none come to mind, but he was willing to do that on a limited basis for the Baylor coaches who used him all over the place.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, CGBills121 said:

If we aren't taking DK Metcalf at 9 I like N'Keal Harry or Kelvin Harmon.  Might have to trade back into the 1st round.  If we land a OT and WR in 1st round id be pumped.

I’d love to end up with Harmon. I hope we can nab him in the second.

1 hour ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

Preston Williams Colorado St.

I think he could be a top 5 WR in this years draft but I see him falling to late 3rd or 4th.

I thought that kid looked pretty good on the game clips I watched - talent is there.

Had that domestic charge with the girlfriend though...and that may keep him off some boards

9 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Paris Campbell, he is as explosive as pretty much anyone that I can remember. 

OK, that kid has some jets, so the book is he fights the ball a bit and not a polished route runner...hmmm.

I liked they way he turned into the grain on that goal-line jet sweep. Did not strike me as a player afraid of some contact - worth taking a look at for no other reason than that speed. An added bonus would be if he could field kicks, if he got some open field in front of him look out. 

That would certainly fill a need area for the Bills, flip the script on the lousy field position the offense was often given, and provide a ST weapon they sorely missed last year.

I’m not sure if he counts as a sleeper but I think he will be there for us in the 2nd round and would love to get him. He reminds me of a taller, longer AJ Green . Should run somewhere in the 4.4s

Hakeem Butler, WR - Iowa St. - 6’6, 225lbs

• Like (+1) 4

Sleeper? 

WR Ashton Dulin, Malone University in Canton, OH (D2)

Super speed, 6’2 210. He will be at the combine. College coach played at osu, said he could have played there. He turned down a track scholarship at UNC to stay in Ohio and play football. He was at the NFLPA game. Interestingly, Malone just announced they are shutting down the football program. 

1 hour ago, Misterbluesky said:

Campbell from Ohio St.....he 's a Td maker AND a solid ST'er...a returner.

4th round?

Parris will barely make it to the 2nd round

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Juice_32 said:

I’d love to end up with Harmon. I hope we can nab him in the second.

Another good option, which I think is the book on receivers this year. Maybe not an A. J. Green in the mix, but more than a few that could turn into solid NFL starters.

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Sleeper? 

Super speed. He will be at the combine. College coach played at osu, said he could have played there. He was at the NFLPA game. Interestingly, Malone just announced they are shutting down the football program. 

He will barely make it to the 2nd round

A football program being shut down in Canton Ohio, that is so wrong.

Don't know how many game clips this kid will have, but will have to look him up....now I am curious.

35 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Sleeper? 

Super speed, 6’2 210. He will be at the combine. College coach played at osu, said he could have played there. He turned down a track scholarship at UNC to stay in Ohio and play football. He was at the NFLPA game. Interestingly, Malone just announced they are shutting down the football program. 

Parris will barely make it to the 2nd round

They played who?

1 minute ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

They played who?

1) the thread asked for a sleeper. I could easily have picked someone on the radar from a big school, I chose a real sleeper. 2) he got one of a limited # of combine invites, which is the main HQ of draft prospects. The league must not be concerned with who he played.

43 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Sleeper? 

Now that was a real sleeper.

You wonder how some of these kids never make it to D1 schools...academics maybe?

Watched his Hudl clips (that brought back some memories), and the few Malone University clips. Considering the competition was looking for a man among boys - found one. Used all over the place and on kick returns. His combine numbers will be interesting as he covered ground in a hurry. Last time I checked the 100 yards at the Benson Hall of Fame field was the same distance as Alabama's.

The Bills have some good history with small school prospects.

Edited by WideNine