Sign in to follow this  
Hebert19

Could the Bill's end up with 2 first rounders?

45 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Yeah, the team coming up always pays a small premium. 24 & 27 for 9 is almost perfect. I suppose the Bills could throw in one of those extra late rounders that they have to make it happen but it’s probably not necessary. 

How about trading 9 for Washington's 15, getting a 2nd and next year's 1st. Then trading 15 for Oakland's two 1's? My nipples could cut glass if that happened.

• Haha (+1) 3

We got Tre White, who has been amazing for us, way down in the late 20's of the 1st round.

I would make this deal in a heartbeat. IF you hit on both and get 2 Tre White type players then look out! It's about to be rainbow and gumdrop season around here (a term I am taking from a Patriots troll who mocked my positive Bills thread!)

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

My nipples could cut glass if that happened.

So you’d exchange your gold studs for diamond studs if it happens?

• Haha (+1) 1

I thought nobody watched or cared about ESPN for 20 years every time something true but harsh was said about the Bills....

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, buffalobillswin said:

I'd much rather have the 9th pick than the 24th and 27th

If there is a 5 star blue chip player that we covet and he's there at 9 I completely agree.  You just don't pass up on those guys.  But all of those type guys are gone and the difference between who we might covet after those guys is minimal, I think you make the trade.  To me it just really depends on the combine and how the board starts to work itself out on draft night.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, row_33 said:

I thought nobody watched or cared about ESPN for 20 years every time something true but harsh was said about the Bills....

I generally don’t but it’s fun to read their takes 

14 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I generally don’t but it’s fun to read their takes 

Oh yeah

and now Rodak is like Einstein on here....

this just gets better and better....

• Confused 1

54 minutes ago, BillsFan1988 said:

Bills #9,40 

For 

Raiders 24,27,35,66

#24 - TE  TJ Hockenson 

#27 - Wr  DK Metcalf 

#35- OT Dalton Risner

#66 - OG Michael Deiter

#75 -  WR Andy Isabella  

• Like (+1) 4

Considering where the talent lies in this draft, I’d make that trade 100%.  2 players for the price of one. 

• Like (+1) 1

Beane's certainly shown a willingness to deal.  And McDermott, too, when he and his inherited GM traded back from 10.  

I think it depends on how excited they are about the guy who falls to them at 9.   If the guy they really want is there, they'll stay.   If they guys they really wanted are gone, they might very well be willing to move out of 9 to get TWO quality young guys rather than one.   McBeane aren't, in my opinion, interested in getting stars.   They have the two guys they're betting will be stars - Allen and Edmunds.   Now they're trying to stockpile good football players, and getting two good players instead of one potential star would be attractive to them.  

• Like (+1) 1

Tough one for me.  

We are a team almost completely void of star players.  Guys that are among the best at their position.  Athletic freaks that change games.  

You need 'em and we don't have 'em.  

Is it possible to get them later in the first - yes, should it be easier/more likely to get one at 9 - yes

Free agency will be the answer to this trade, which has me leaning towards keeping the 9th.  Based on Beane's free agency judicious approach, we need a star to come out of the draft.  

14 minutes ago, White Linen said:

Tough one for me.  

We are a team almost completely void of star players.  Guys that are among the best at their position.  Athletic freaks that change games.  

You need 'em and we don't have 'em.  

Is it possible to get them later in the first - yes, should it be easier/more likely to get one at 9 - yes

Free agency will be the answer to this trade, which has me leaning towards keeping the 9th.  Based on Beane's free agency judicious approach, we need a star to come out of the draft.  

Who's to say the players we get at 24 & 27 won't be better then the player at 9 . There is no exact science to the draft some many factors involved.  With that being said I think this yr is a great yr to move back in don't see the top 10 as top heavy as recent yrs . I think McBeane would love to make a deal likeep this. 

Edited by BillsFan1988
  • Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, BillsFan1988 said:

#24 - TE  TJ Hockenson 

#27 - Wr  DK Metcalf 

#35- OT Dalton Risner

#66 - OG Michael Deiter

#75 -  WR Andy Isabella  

I like this- my picks would be:

#24 - Cody Ford/Dalton Risner - G

#27 - Hakeem Butler, WR

#35 - Josh Jacobs, RB

#66 - Andy Isabella, WR

#75 - Kaden Smith, TE

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Spielman said:

#27 - Hakeem Butler, WR

#35 - Josh Jacobs, RB

#66 - Andy Isabella, WR

#75 - Kaden Smith, TE

Replace Jacobs with Holyfield and we can get married right now. 

Just now, CommonCents said:

Replace Jacobs with Holyfield and we can get married right now. 

Forgot about Holyfield.....agreed.

I'm not opposed to it.  At Buffalo's positions of greatest need, there is not a lot of elite talent, but there is plenty of good talent.  The bottom of the first is a good place to be picking that up.

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

I would love that trade. Take the BPA at WR and OL,  bottom of the 1st is perfect for values at those positions. But I don't know who Oakland would be willing to trade up for.

Kyler Murrey would be my guess

5 minutes ago, Spielman said:

#27 - Hakeem Butler, WR

#35 - Josh Jacobs, RB

#66 - Andy Isabella, WR

#75 - Kaden Smith, TE

Ford will be long gone and Risner won't go in the first he will be a early 2nd day pk.

1 hour ago, TheFunPolice said:

We got Tre White, who has been amazing for us, way down in the late 20's of the 1st round.

I would make this deal in a heartbeat. IF you hit on both and get 2 Tre White type players then look out! It's about to be rainbow and gumdrop season around here (a term I am taking from a Patriots troll who mocked my positive Bills thread!)

That’s a big if.. Getting two guys with the talent of White at the end of round 1.  Odds are highly against that. 

2 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Kyler Murrey would be my guess

Other then Murray could be a 

CB Greedy Williams 

MLB Devin White 

DT Ed Oliver

Remember we got Tre day with the 27th, so you can still strike gold in the bottom half. Hell, Randy Moss and I believe Aaron Rodgers was the 24th pick. I would be all in with the trade especially if we shore up positions of need in FA. Give me Butler, Irv Smith, Jacobs, Hockenstein or Risner at them spots.

13 minutes ago, Spielman said:

Forgot about Holyfield.....agreed.

Congratulations to both of you!!!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

ESPN totally disrespect the Bills even when the Bills are not the subject of conversation. The Peter man was the running joke all season especially with Bomani and the Filipino guy, can't remember his name.

8 minutes ago, BillsFan1988 said:

Other then Murray could be a 

CB Greedy Williams 

MLB Devin White 

DT Ed Oliver

Mike Mayock is going to be making some moves on draft day.

• Like (+1) 1