Could the Bill's end up with 2 first rounders?

Hebert19

3 hours ago, ndirish1978 said:

I don't see this happening. I believe Mayock has confidence in Carr and sees the value in this draft outside of the top 10. The Raiders have a question mark at QB, the Redskins don't have a QB. If there is a trade down I think it's with Washington. 

I agree. Plus, after the Redskins spent so much on QB last year, I don't think they will be in the FA market.  They need their QB to come from the draft.

7 hours ago, Spielman said:

In this draft, I'd much rather have the 24th and 27th. 

Yeah - this is a very weird draft - almost no offensive talent projected in the top half.  I would love this trade, though it feels a little pricey - depending on who Oakland thinks they are getting, Bills might even scrape another pick out them.

All of this reasoning is pre-combine, mind you - there will be a LOT of movement on the draft boards after March.

8 hours ago, buffalobillswin said:

I'd much rather have the 9th pick than the 24th and 27th

?hmm.. so, if understand your view correctly, you’d prefer a Vonn Miller -who plays with a bunch of jags, to Edmonds & Jerry Hughes playing in an above average group overall? Or is it because you include the other pieces and a projected superstar will put us over the top? This has me wondering the former; are we just one game breaker away on Defense to be truly dominant?..

i would take 24 and 27 in a heart beat.  i would take montez sweat  and hakeem butler.....unless some team wanted to move their 2nd and 3rd to move into the 1st. then i still take sweat and butler with our first 2nd rd. pick and still have an extra 2nd and 3rd to take oline and bpa.  gotta take irv smith with one of those.

we sign sheldon richardson and j. phillips in fa. sweat will give us hughes future replacement and when we draft o. ximines in the late 3rd or 4th, we'll have two great rushers in the fold for hughes and lorax to mentor.

i would make this trade and throw in shaq for another 3rd. 9 for 24,27 and a 3rd for shaq.   i can live with trent and lorax on that end with sweat mixed in for this year.

8 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Not me. Much rather have as many picks in the top 100. This staff has shown they can find players in the draft.

I do like their brief track record outside the top 10. I think we could have a poll here and come up with a nice top 10 pick. Beyond that? Most of us, at best, just know what we read. It’s possible that we will draft someone in the second round I’ve never even heard of and will have to scramble to study. But at least I readily admit it. 

I've mentioned this before..........but as fun as it is for fans to watch their team accumulate and make first round draft picks.........a good way to become a victim/farm team in the free agency system is to have 5 first round picks(including hopefully a potentially $30M QB!) to have to try to sign to long term contracts in a 3 offseason time frame.

That'll screw up yer 5 year slow-build pretty quick.    The Jaguars are kinda' having this issue after tanking for 5 years to load up the roster........turtle heading to contender for a year.........and now re-arranging the deck they invested so heavily in losing to stack in their favor.

One of the upsides of trading away this years first rounder for a guy like Julio Jones is that you get greatness and leadership immediately to complement the picks you've already made and you can expense that greatness immediately,  when you are flush with cap space.

Team building is so different in this era of 4 year guaranteed rookie first round deals.

For some reason people here think that the Bills accumulated $80M+ in cap room entirely by cutting or letting a few players leave............when one of the key factors was not having 2013(EJ) and 2015(traded) first round picks to pay in the 2018 and 2019 free agencies, as well.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I've mentioned this before..........but as fun as it is for fans to watch their team accumulate and make first round draft picks.........a good way to become a victim/farm team in the free agency system is to have 5 first round picks(including hopefully a potentially $30M QB!) to have to try to sign to long term contracts in a 3 offseason time frame.

Sounds like a good problem to have... I’m also hoping that in three offseasons time they might have a shiny trophy..

If you can’t keep all your superstar first round picks, I’m sure you can always trade some of them..

9 hours ago, BillsFan1988 said:

Bills #9,40 

For 

Raiders 24,27,35,66

That makes no sense from the Raiders stand point.     If #9 for 24 & 27 is close to equal value., then why would the Raiders trade 35 for 40?   And then throw in 66 just in case the Bills aren't smart enough to take it. 

Just now, Reks Ryan said:

That makes no sense from the Raiders stand point.     If #9 for 24 & 27 is close to equal value., then why would the Raiders trade 35 for 40?   And then throw in 66 just in case the Bills aren't smart enough to take it. 

Its funny, but most trade down scenarios I see here the Bills make out like bandits with what they get back. Also, the Bills always seem to be able to pick up elite veteran players for a third round or later..

• Haha (+1) 1

Well, Beane isn't shy about making draft day deals and most of the top players are on defense. Still, we need a stud at DT and we were 26th in sacks despite a great season by Jerry Hughes. I think it more likely that they let someone move up for a QB and slide back just a few places and grab an OT or WR rather than slide all the way down to 20-something. Who knows what they'll do?

1 hour ago, Aussie Joe said:

Its funny, but most trade down scenarios I see here the Bills make out like bandits with what they get back. Also, the Bills always seem to be able to pick up elite veteran players for a third round or later..

If for some reason Patrick Mahomes demanded a trade to Buffalo the third post into the thread about it here would be "I'm not giving them Josh Allen straight up......they gotta' throw in their 1st and 2nd this year and their first in 2020".     It's like clockwork in these threads the third or fourth take is always utter ridiculousness.

• Like (+1) 1

I see no reason for a team with Oaklands needs to move anywhere, unless they wanted to get a top qb prospect at 9.

I think theyre going to get Quinnen williams or Josh Allen first, then  trade a 1st rounder to Pitt for AB, and grab BPA with their last pick in the 1st round.   And I see Gruden riding with Carr next year full steam ahead.

8 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

I see no reason for a team with Oaklands needs to move anywhere, unless they wanted to get a top qb prospect at 9.

I think theyre going to get Quinnen williams or Josh Allen first, then  trade a 1st rounder to Pitt for AB, and grab BPA with their last pick in the 1st round.   And I see Gruden riding with Carr next year full steam ahead.

8 hours ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

Oakland doesn't need a QB and they are positioned perfectly for what they need, they have a top 10 pick to solidify the defensive need and 2 picks to solidify the WR need and possibly OL. I just don't see a reasoning unless it's because they're the Raiders. 

Gruden may not need a new QB but I guarantee he wants his own QB.