Could the Bill's end up with 2 first rounders?

Hebert19

1 hour ago, Albany,n.y. said:

More likely scenario: Bills stay at 9 & take a WR or OL, then they will trade UP back into the 1st round to take whichever of the 2 positions they didn't take at 9.  A much more likely scenario than Beane, who traded up twice last year in the 1st round, trading down and missing on a blue chipper at 9.  

So yes, the Bills will end up with 2 1st rounders. 

Agree completely with this..

They will pick two players in the first round but it won’t be the two Raiders picks..

Ideally if there is no one they love at 9, they drop back a little around that early teens range for an extra 2nd or 3rd..

I could see the Rams at 31 as a likely trade back into the 1st partner as they have very few picks...

4 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

would you trade down all the way to 24 to get another first? 

Absolutely! This draft is deep on both OL/DL which we need and the WR side once your out of the top 10 you actually have a good selection of guys without reaching. If we have to give a 2nd and an extra 5th for two firsts that result in OL and WR I am all for it.

24. Dalton Risner OG/C/OT  Kansas St can play anywhere but will play Center.

27. Chris Lindstrom OG Boston College. 

40.  Irv Smith Jr. TE Alabama 

74. Isaiah Buggs DT Alabama.

Free Agents, Daryl Williams OT, Randal Cobb WR, and Thomas Davis LB.

Starting line up

QB Josh Allen 

RB Lesean McCoy

WR Randall Cobb (FA) Great sage and mentor to young WR core 

WR Zay Jones, Robert Foster

TE Irv Smith Jr, 2nd round pick. Clay is cut.

RT Daryl Williams (FA)

RG Chris Lindstrom 1st round pick

C Dalton Risner 1st round pick

LG Wyatt Teller 

LT Dion Dawkins 

Edited by Tatonka68
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsFan1988 said:

#24 - TE  TJ Hockenson 

#27 - Wr  DK Metcalf 

#35- OT Dalton Risner

#66 - OG Michael Deiter

#75 -  WR Andy Isabella  

I'm thinking we be lucky to get DK Metcalf at #9 as I don't think the wideout class this year is as good as they say!

1 hour ago, LSHMEAB said:

Le Batard? Pretty sure he's Cuban or Puerto Rican. Either way, he's an idiot. Although in fairness, this very board had some fun with the Peterman. I think the humor Peterman brought to the table was more about him than it was about the Bills. The Peterman transcends any particular NFL team. The trashing of the Bills died down a bit for that decision when Tyrod played poorly.

It doesn't even bother me when they trash the Bills. All pub is good pub. Mostly, the Bills don't even exist on ESPN. Having said that, the Chiefs are in a similar boat. Nobody gives a flying leap about the Chiefs unless they have a star QB. If Allen becomes a star, we'll get some pub.

Now that I think about it, you could be talking about that dude named Pablo something or other.

It's pretty laughable how they treat the Bills on Nfl live and the other talking head shows, doesn't bother me at all just noticed the disrespect. Yes, Pablo is his name.

It's hard to say what our best move is, until we see:

A)  What we land in Free Agency

B)  Who is on the board at #9

By my count, the Bills need serious upgrades at Center, Guard, Tackle, Wide Receiver and Tight End. 

Even if we re-sign Jordan Phillips, we still don't really have a 3-Tech Defensive Tackle.

And even if you are in denial that Shady has lost a step, it certainly can't hurt to add another Running Back.

That gives us seven glaring problems in the starting lineup, which need to be addressed if we truly want to compete for the playoffs/division in 2019.

Personally, I think everyone picked on Day 3 of the draft is a long-shot to make an impact (at least during their rookie season).

Which means (barring a trade-down), we can only really expect to address three of those seven holes on draft day.  The rest need to be filled with free agents.

Considering how much cap space we have, I think landing a half-dozen starting caliber free agents is certainly doable.  But we aren't the only team competing for those guys, and some of the positions we need (WR and OG for instance) are very thin with guys that could truly be considered upgrades.  If we strikeout in free agency, then Beane may have no choice than to move down for more Day 1-2 picks.

1 minute ago, mjt328 said:

It's hard to say what our best move is, until we see:

A)  What we land in Free Agency

B)  Who is on the board at #9

By my count, the Bills need serious upgrades at Center, Guard, Tackle, Wide Receiver and Tight End. 

Even if we re-sign Jordan Phillips, we still don't really have a 3-Tech Defensive Tackle.

And even if you are in denial that Shady has lost a step, it certainly can't hurt to add another Running Back.

That gives us seven glaring problems in the starting lineup, which need to be addressed if we truly want to compete for the playoffs/division in 2019.

Personally, I think everyone picked on Day 3 of the draft is a long-shot to make an impact (at least during their rookie season).

Which means (barring a trade-down), we can only really expect to address three of those seven holes on draft day.  The rest need to be filled with free agents.

Considering how much cap space we have, I think landing a half-dozen starting caliber free agents is certainly doable.  But we aren't the only team competing for those guys, and some of the positions we need (WR and OG for instance) are very thin with guys that could truly be considered upgrades.  If we strikeout in free agency, then Beane may have no choice than to move down for more Day 1-2 picks.

I would be looking at 3 tech DT's and RB's in the later rounds

We found Meatball in the 5th

Just now, John from Riverside said:

I would be looking at 3 tech DT's and RB's in the later rounds

We found Meatball in the 5th

Sure.  You are always going to find examples of Day 3 picks (and even undrafted free agents) who become good/great starters.

But if we are truly planning to compete for the AFC East next year, then we can't go into the season relying on rookies drafted 4th Round or later.

In my opinion, that's not truly "addressing" a position. 

It's crossing your fingers and hoping for the best.

22 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

Sure.  You are always going to find examples of Day 3 picks (and even undrafted free agents) who become good/great starters.

But if we are truly planning to compete for the AFC East next year, then we can't go into the season relying on rookies drafted 4th Round or later.

In my opinion, that's not truly "addressing" a position. 

It's crossing your fingers and hoping for the best.

You also cannot go into the season with a offense that a top 10 bills defense couldnt save from itself.......

We have been allocating assets to the defense for some time now....its time to make this team more balanced.