Could the Bill's end up with 2 first rounders?

Hebert19

5 minutes ago, Spielman said:

I like this- my picks would be:

#24 - Cody Ford/Dalton Risner - G

#27 - Hakeem Butler, WR

#35 - Josh Jacobs, RB

#66 - Andy Isabella, WR

#75 - Kaden Smith, TE

Ford will be long gone and Risner won't go in the first he will be a early 2nd day pk.

1 hour ago, TheFunPolice said:

We got Tre White, who has been amazing for us, way down in the late 20's of the 1st round.

I would make this deal in a heartbeat. IF you hit on both and get 2 Tre White type players then look out! It's about to be rainbow and gumdrop season around here (a term I am taking from a Patriots troll who mocked my positive Bills thread!)

That’s a big if.. Getting two guys with the talent of White at the end of round 1.  Odds are highly against that. 

Remember we got Tre day with the 27th, so you can still strike gold in the bottom half. Hell, Randy Moss and I believe Aaron Rodgers was the 24th pick. I would be all in with the trade especially if we shore up positions of need in FA. Give me Butler, Irv Smith, Jacobs, Hockenstein or Risner at them spots.

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

I thought nobody watched or cared about ESPN for 20 years every time something true but harsh was said about the Bills....

ESPN totally disrespect the Bills even when the Bills are not the subject of conversation. The Peter man was the running joke all season especially with Bomani and the Filipino guy, can't remember his name.

8 minutes ago, BillsFan1988 said:

Other then Murray could be a 

CB Greedy Williams 

MLB Devin White 

DT Ed Oliver

Mike Mayock is going to be making some moves on draft day.

• Like (+1) 1

I'd be fine with this.  I think we would not only get an extra 1st, but another 2nd or 3rd.   

In that case, you still get a great WR and OT in the 1st round.  Then use the extra pick on a RB.  

You could end up with Hockenson (TE) and Brown (OT); or Brown and Brown (OT and WR); or Risner (OT) and Metcalf (WR); or perhaps still grab Lawrence (DL) and a OL.   Lots of great players available there.  

More likely scenario: Bills stay at 9 & take a WR or OL, then they will trade UP back into the 1st round to take whichever of the 2 positions they didn't take at 9.  A much more likely scenario than Beane, who traded up twice last year in the 1st round, trading down and missing on a blue chipper at 9.  

So yes, the Bills will end up with 2 1st rounders. 

Edited by Albany,n.y.

10 minutes ago, Clyde Smith said:

ESPN totally disrespect the Bills even when the Bills are not the subject of conversation. The Peter man was the running joke all season especially with Bomani and the Filipino guy, can't remember his name.

Le Batard? Pretty sure he's Cuban or Puerto Rican. Either way, he's an idiot. Although in fairness, this very board had some fun with the Peterman. I think the humor Peterman brought to the table was more about him than it was about the Bills. The Peterman transcends any particular NFL team. The trashing of the Bills died down a bit for that decision when Tyrod played poorly.

It doesn't even bother me when they trash the Bills. All pub is good pub. Mostly, the Bills don't even exist on ESPN. Having said that, the Chiefs are in a similar boat. Nobody gives a flying leap about the Chiefs unless they have a star QB. If Allen becomes a star, we'll get some pub.

Now that I think about it, you could be talking about that dude named Pablo something or other.

Edited by LSHMEAB
  • Thank you (+1) 1

in a new york minute.  

first round-picks 24, 27

second round 40

third round 75

fourth round 106, 131

fifth round 137,148

6th round 168

7th round 203, 206

I would then make moves up and down drafting as many top 75 players as possible, and of course adding draft picks next year.  The Colts used this strategy last year, and had 4 second round picks.  They were pretty good ones too- Darius Leonard, Braden Smith, Kemoko Turay,Tyquan Lewis.  If we have 6 picks in the 3 rounds, we can draft 2 OL, 2 TE, 1 WR, 1 Edge for example.  And IMO that much improves the Bills than drafting a stud at 9

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, BillsFan1988 said:

Who's to say the players we get at 24 & 27 won't be better then the player at 9 . There is no exact science to the draft some many factors involved.  With that being said I think this yr is a great yr to move back in don't see the top 10 as top heavy as recent yrs . I think McBeane would love to make a deal likeep this. 

I acknowledged and addressed that.   Go back and read my post.  

Hmmmmmm, an interesting trade down.  Depending on FA pick-ups.  If we get a RT and G along with TE and DT.  I can see making this move.

Picking at 24, let's play the guessing game as to who will be left when the Bills pick.

Projected Picks:

Edge

Bosa, Allen, Sweat, Ferrell, Polite, Burns

DT 

Williams, Oliver, Wilkins, Simmons, Gary

QB

Haskins, Lock, Murray

OL

Williams, Ford, Taylor, Dillard

LB

White

DB

Williams, Murphy, Thompson

WR

Metcalf

The Bills now have picks 24 & 27

for now, Eagles at 25 have need at RB, Colts at 26, DT and WR

I would select at 24 - Hakeem Butler, Eagles then go Jacobs at RB and Colts go Dexter Lawrence, then at 27 I would select TJ Hockenson

At 40, hope for Risner or C from NC State

I'd go into the draft as status quo. The trade decision should be made while the Bills are on the clock.

There could be a stellar steal available, who slipped for unknown reasons, and the Bills should jump on it with #9. It happens.

Alternatively, there could be no one really worth selecting at #9, in which event the Bills should trade down.