Could the Bill's end up with 2 first rounders?

Hebert19

On ESPN bold predictions this morning it says a possible trade partner is Oakland if they want to move up with their stockpile...would you trade down all the way to 24 to get another first?  We would likely have to throw something else in...a nigu second is worth nearly the same and allows us to pick earlier.  

Things might get interesting this time around.  :)

• Like (+1) 4

6 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

On ESPN bold predictions this morning it says a possible trade partner is Oakland if they want to move up with their stockpile...would you trade down all the way to 24 to get another first?  We would likely have to throw something else in...a nigu second is worth nearly the same and allows us to pick earlier.  

I think buffalo could get better at a lot of positions.  More bullets is probably good at this point - so I'd be OK with it if the value is right.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

I dont think we would,  we would be moving to the bottom third of the round from top 10. Probably 2 first straight up.  Remember we got 2 first and a 3rd to move from 10 to 27.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

17 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

we traded all the way back with the chiefs and got their first the following year. i dont think we have to give up a second i think they might be giving more to us in fact. 

1 minute ago, aristocrat said:

we traded all the way back with the chiefs and got their first the following year. i dont think we have to give up a second i think they might be giving more to us in fact. 

Yeah, the team coming up always pays a small premium. 24 & 27 for 9 is almost perfect. I suppose the Bills could throw in one of those extra late rounders that they have to make it happen but it’s probably not necessary. 

12 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This is where I’m at. 

Me as well. If they shore up the O line and add a quality Pass rusher in FA that would allow them to take advantage of a very deep WR and TE draft.

Any combo of Harry/Brown/Samuel/Butler and Hock/Fant/Smith would be amazing and quite doable.

• Like (+1) 3

Depending on who is on the board, I'm in the 9 > 24 & 27 camp.

But I think the argument with Oakland is deeply flawed.  It basically depends on them not liking a QB enough to take him at 4 but then liking one enough to give up multiple picks to get him at 9.  It's nonsensical IMO.  If Oakland likes a QB enough to move on from Carr, they likely get a pretty decent return on Carr then either trade to move from 4 to 1 or 2 or simply take their guy at 4.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Better value is to trade back only a few spots and get a second round pick in 2019 or another first in 2020.

Correct me if Im wrong but I thoughtone advantage of the top 10 was the ability to add a 5th year option to the contract.

That's the 1st round vs the 2nd round.

2 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Better value is to trade back only a few spots and get a second round pick in 2019 or another first in 2020.

Correct me if Im wrong but I thoughtone advantage of the top 10 was the ability to add a 5th year option to the contract.

5th year option is for all first rounders. So, just from that point of view, getting two low first rounders is better than getting a higher first rounder and high second rounder.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

5th year option is for all first rounders. So, just from that point of view, getting two low first rounders is better than getting a higher first rounder and high second rounder.

But from the view of common sense logic it's better to have a high 1st and a high 2nd.....

In most drafts there are said to be around 6 - 10 genuine blue-chippers. Haven't seen what people are saying this year but I don't want to trade out of one of those blue-chippers, myself, even if I get two starters.

I wouldn't hate it, but I think getting one impact guy is more of what the Bills really need.

So far, I like what the new regime has done with the draft, so I would have some trust if they go this way.

• Like (+1) 1