#BillsMafia

#BillsMafia runs way deeper than I ever expected.  The one great thing about being stationed overseas, is that some organizations are able to put together some pretty amazing meet and greets for us.  Just recently, Steven Jackson and Donnie Edwards made a visit.  Naturally, I don't care who it is, i'm gonna show up supporting my Bills attire.  When they showed up, Steven Jackson walked right up to me and yelled "Hey, Bills Mafia," he introduced himself and we just started chatting.  He was telling me that Bills fans have probably the greatest fan base ever and he loved how deep our fan base runs.  I just really appreciated how much admiration he has for our fan base, especially coming from a non-Bill as well as coming from someone who's never stepped foot inside the Bills organization for the true experience. 

Has anyone else had similar experiences?

• Like (+1) 9
  • Thank you (+1) 8

Great story! I see Bills fans proudly wearing Bills jerseys and hats everywhere I go. This summer out in Colorado and this fall down in FL. What's surprising is they are often young enough to not remember the winning years, they grew up during the drought. Loyal fans we are, bandwagon fans we are not!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, jabu said:

Great story! I see Bills fans proudly wearing Bills jerseys and hats everywhere I go. This summer out in Colorado and this fall down in FL. What's surprising is they are often young enough to not remember the winning years, they grew up during the drought. Loyal fans we are, bandwagon fans we are not!

The wheels came off our wagon long ago.

16 minutes ago, jabu said:

This is true.  I was at Disney in December and Bills gear was seen the most along with the Pats.  Steelers a distant third.

12 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

This is true.  I was at Disney in December and Bills gear was seen the most along with the Pats.  Steelers a distant third.

Bills, and even Steelers fans, are for real. If the Pats* go into a Bills style drought Goodwill will be overwhelmed!  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, jabu said:

Same's true in Europe.  I've met other fans in: France, Germany, Italy & Hungary.  They're mostly fans because the BILLS are their home team.  Also true with the Sabres.

I have a Virginia Bills Mafia sticker on my car.

12 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I love it...but I’m curious what makes (and keeps) the Bills so popular even though they are from a small market and haven’t won anything in a generation?

I inadvertently got on the bandwagon in 1990 (long story, but being from Alabama, the NFL is second fiddle). I converted my mother, my wife and my nephew. Of course my son is a Bills fan. We had seasons for a decade, and there is never any question about our fandom. 

I think what makes us all stay Bills fans is the fans. Being beaten down together, we all know the sorrow and misery each of us has endured over the years. We’re kind of like the step child of the NFL, and we take great pride in it. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/8/2019 at 4:33 PM, El Guapo said:

I inadvertently got on the bandwagon in 1990 (long story, but being from Alabama, the NFL is second fiddle). I converted my mother, my wife and my nephew. Of course my son is a Bills fan. We had seasons for a decade, and there is never any question about our fandom. 

I think what makes us all stay Bills fans is the fans. Being beaten down together, we all know the sorrow and misery each of us has endured over the years. We’re kind of like the step child of the NFL, and we take great pride in it. 

Hey, El Guapo...it’s a sweater! ?

On 2/7/2019 at 8:50 PM, Circlethewagon8404 said:

#BillsMafia runs way deeper than I ever expected.  The one great thing about being stationed overseas, is that some organizations are able to put together some pretty amazing meet and greets for us.  Just recently, Steven Jackson and Donnie Edwards made a visit.  Naturally, I don't care who it is, i'm gonna show up supporting my Bills attire.  When they showed up, Steven Jackson walked right up to me and yelled "Hey, Bills Mafia," he introduced himself and we just started chatting.  He was telling me that Bills fans have probably the greatest fan base ever and he loved how deep our fan base runs.  I just really appreciated how much admiration he has for our fan base, especially coming from a non-Bill as well as coming from someone who's never stepped foot inside the Bills organization for the true experience. 

Has anyone else had similar experiences?

great
Edited by HOUSE