[Incomplete Title] Patriots become first team since 1989 49ers to...

Big Turk

15 minutes ago, driddles said:

Very good point, but were you aware Gronk was born in Amherst? AND he's a first ballot Hall of Famer??

Lmao...well I dunno...people might start arguing that Edelman should go in before Gronk...hahahaha

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, driddles said:

Very good point, but were you aware Gronk was born in Amherst? AND he's a first ballot Hall of Famer??

I mean really, maybe the better question to pose in a new Patriots themed thread should be which current Pats player or coach is NOT going in to the HOF on the first ballot?? :wallbash::bag::death::doh: I celebrate the Patriots’ entire catalogue...the same way as below, at the 1:09 mark:

• Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

Just going to make this into a drinking game with how many threads are made about the Pats on a Bills forum. 

If I go through with it, I’m fearful I won’t make it to see year 2 of Josh Allen. 

You might die.

8 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

We're like the obsessed ex. I hate that horrible woman! Uggh. Can you believe who she's dating now??? 

I think by this point we had better just merge our board with the Pats message board. There are probably identical threads over there.

• Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, njbuff said:

And the 1989 San Francisco Forty-Niners are still the best team I have ever seen to date.

And my football fandom goes back to 1982.

This is where I am.  I watched those 49er teams from the early 80's through the early 90's.  Stop comparing NE* with them.  The Cheatriots are not even in the same breath of those 9ner  teams.  For crying out loud.

In a league built on parity since those 49ers days, to have one team be as dominate as they are can't go unnoticed. IMO there is no way they should dominate like they do if they weren't getting a little extra help some way or another.

For as good as those 49ers were their run was what 8,9 years 10 at the most? For as good as the Bills were their run was less than that or the Cowboys who won 3 in 4 years, their run wasn't much more than 5, 6 years. The Pats have been going on 20 years now of dominating, not possible without extra something IMO! I mean, they have been caught cheating and been punished numerous times, what makes anyone think they have stopped? I don't think they have.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, MJS said:

I think by this point we had better just merge our board with the Pats message board. There are probably identical threads over there.

While we're at it, maybe the posters responsible for said identical threads can officially change their board membership as part of the merger? That way at least it won't be as confusing for who belongs where. 

22 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Yet, strangely, this stat does nothing for me ;).

In all seriousness, yes, impressive. But I’m over the Pats, in all forms and ways that can be expressed. 

The whole country is over them. Now we just have to wait for the league to get on board. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/8/2019 at 9:05 AM, Wo-Bah said:

This is where I am.  I watched those 49er teams from the early 80's through the early 90's.  Stop comparing NE* with them.  The Cheatriots are not even in the same breath of those 9ner  teams.  For crying out loud.

I think the 03 and especially the 04 teams could have competed with any of the 49er teams.

8 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

I think the 03 and especially the 04 teams could have competed with any of the 49er teams.

...if in the same era as in two HOF coaches, Walsh and Belichick (definite HOF lock) and two HOF QB's with a combined 10 rings (Brady and Joe), it certainly would have been interesting match ups..