"Parks and Rec" vs "The Office"

Parks and Rec vs The Office  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Which show do you enjoy more?

1 minute ago, Whatnot78 said:

Tough one..but I'd give The Office a slight edge.  Especially if you forget their last season.

That's why Parks and Rec got the slight edge from me. It never really jumped the shark.

3 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

You are a thread starting machine!!

Can't tell if this is a complaint or compliment. 

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

That's why Parks and Rec got the slight edge from me. It never really jumped the shark.

The first 5 seasons of The Office give it the edge IMO.

Although Jean-Ralphio’s character was grossly underused in Parks and Rec

• Like (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, Whatnot78 said:

The first 5 seasons of The Office give it the edge IMO.

Although Jean-Ralphio’s character was grossly underused in Parks and Rec

Respectfully, you can't just give a show a pass on 44.4% of its existence.

...maybe you can, but you shouldn't.

Parks and Rec for me.

55 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Respectfully, you can't just give a show a pass on 44.4% of its existence.

...maybe you can, but you shouldn't.

Parks and Rec for me.

I’m not giving it a pass for the other years.  I’m just saying that the 1st 5 seasons of The Office were better than most of Parks & Rec, IMO.  Seasons after weren’t as good but like mentioned by another, it didn’t get bad until Michael left

13 minutes ago, Whatnot78 said:

I’m not giving it a pass for the other years.  I’m just saying that the 1st 5 seasons of The Office were better than most of Parks & Rec, IMO.  Seasons after weren’t as good but like mentioned by another, it didn’t get bad until Michael left

I loved the office, but there was a sameness about that got trying on me, even in the early years.  Years 2-4 were the best.

P&R could be overly goofy at times, but (and I stand by this) and times was just plain funnier than the office.  Additionally there was growth along the way that didn't involve just the main characters.

The Office is in a league of it's own. The humor was never in your face which requires so much more thought. 

I will say I've only seen a couple episodes of Parks and Rec, but it did NOTHING for me. I've always preferred more subtle humor because it doesn't rely on low hanging fruit.