Prospects mocked to Buffalo in R1

TigerJ

6 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Me neither. Haven’t seen Risner, Little, Ford, Greedy,  Wilkins, Lawrence, Simmons or Murphy, either 

These guys are harder to back check. I only recall one with Dexter Lawrence and it was several weeks ago.  I think with Risner, it was just one, but I can't guarantee it wasn't after a trade down.  It was a while ago for Greg Little, but he was in several mocked to Buffalo.  Ford may have been just one.  Here is one mocking Jeffery Simmons to Buffalo: https://www.thesportsbank.net/nfl/new-england-patriots-2/2019-nfl-mock-draft/  Here's one for Byron Murphy, though it is after a trade down:   https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-bosa-goes-first-renners-second-2019-mock  Here's Christian Wilkins: https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-bosa-goes-first-renners-second-2019-mock

I have seen AJ Brown mocked to the Bills but it was round 2, not round 1. 

It was quite a while ago for AJ Brown.  I too have seen mocked in the second round more recently.

Rashan Gary not listed

You're right.  I've seen him mocked to Buffalo and it slipped my mind.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, yungmack said:

Are DT and edge rusher really critical needs?

With DT, mock drafters are thinking of a Kyle Williams replacement.  Harrison Phillips remains unproven at this point beyond having a rotational role.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Buffalo30 said:

Simmons has one of those videos of him striking a woman multiple times.  Not something that screams "Process."  Obviously he's grown since this situation but it's certainly a stain on his reputation.  

Ouch! I agree with some that say H Phillips hasn't proven himself. I'm thinking a guy like Oliver that you could move around would be a good fit. I like to forgive youthful transgressions, but Simmons sounds like too much risk and a lot of bad publicity. He doesn't sound like a McBeane kinda guy to me.

33 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

Ouch! I agree with some that say H Phillips hasn't proven himself. I'm thinking a guy like Oliver that you could move around would be a good fit. I like to forgive youthful transgressions, but Simmons sounds like too much risk and a lot of bad publicity. He doesn't sound like a McBeane kinda guy to me.

I think I heard today Oliver weighed in at 272 lbs? That won’t cut it. He’ll drop a bit if true. That’s before the attitude issues. Bring on the combine, especially the interviews. 

• Like (+1) 1

If the Bills stand pat at #9 then I expect Beane to secure an OL or 2 in FA and the Bills take the best defensive player on the board. I don’t think that it will be a CB or S either because our secondary is pretty solid right now and LB can be addressed in the mid rounds as well. I’m thinking that if the Bills were to get Tampa’s DT Gerald McCoy in either FA or in a trade then an edge rusher will be the pick, especially if they dump Trent Murphy as some pundits have speculated. I don’t know much about college football or their players so if any of this comes to fruition then who would you say is one of the better edge rushers that would be available to us at the #9 slot?

14 hours ago, Augie said:

I think I heard today Oliver weighed in at 272 lbs? That won’t cut it. He’ll drop a bit if true. That’s before the attitude issues. Bring on the combine, especially the interviews. 

I had heard a while back that Oliver played quite a bit lighter than his listed weight.  That report also suggested he probably could not carry more weight than that.  I'm definitely wary of drafting him at #9.  The combine weigh in is critical for Ed Oliver.

17 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

If the Bills stand pat at #9 then I expect Beane to secure an OL or 2 in FA and the Bills take the best defensive player on the board. I don’t think that it will be a CB or S either because our secondary is pretty solid right now and LB can be addressed in the mid rounds as well. I’m thinking that if the Bills were to get Tampa’s DT Gerald McCoy in either FA or in a trade then an edge rusher will be the pick, especially if they dump Trent Murphy as some pundits have speculated. I don’t know much about college football or their players so if any of this comes to fruition then who would you say is one of the better edge rushers that would be available to us at the #9 slot?

Clenin Ferrell from Clemson is the most likely upper echelon edge rusher who will be available at 9. It's a shame, but the likes of Josh Allen and Nick Bosa will be long gone. I like your overall strategy. I think their opinion on Ferrell and his availability at 9 is going to determine what they do. Just a hunch. 

• Like (+1) 1

It is a bit annoying to me that months ago I was all in for TE Hockenson.

When doing mocks on our College board, was initially looking at Fant who was getting the write-ups in Iowa games as an option, but this other Iowa kid just jumped off the screen, better blocking, a bit taller, smooth in his release and routes - a baller.

Every scout site I looked at had him as the 4th to 8th best TE in the draft and I was thinking if the Bills land this kid it will be a steal.

Now, most mocks I see have him going in the first, scout sites list him as the 1st or 2nd best TE available...fansided just released an article saying he should be the first offensive skill player taken.

And WTF.

So I don't think he is going to fall out of the 1st, and I don't think the Bills will grab a WR or TE in the 1st. My gut tells me they go d-line and o-line which both need upgrades, but kind of bummed out before the draft even happens.

Have to convince myself he will be terrible for THAT other team as I already could envision Allen's scrambling with Hockenson as an outlet as a difficult thing for teams to defend.

Oh well, the team will get better around Allen, I am pretty confident of that at least.

3 minutes ago, WideNine said:

It is a bit annoying to me that months ago I was all in for TE Hockenson.

When doing mocks on our College board, was initially looking at Fant who was getting the write-ups in Iowa games as an option, but this other Iowa kid just jumped off the screen, better blocking, a bit taller, smooth in his release and routes - a baller.

Every scout site I looked at had him as the 4th to 8th best TE in the draft and I was thinking if the Bills land this kid it will be a steal.

Now, most mocks I see have him going in the first, scout sites list him as the 1st or 2nd best TE available...fansided just released an article saying he should be the first offensive skill player taken.

And WTF.

So I don't think he is going to fall out of the 1st, and I don't think the Bills will grab a WR or TE in the 1st. My gut tells me they go d-line and o-line which both need upgrades, but kind of bummed out before the draft even happens.

Have to convince myself he will be terrible for THAT other team as I already could envision Allen's scrambling with Hockenson as an outlet as a difficult thing for teams to defend.

Oh well, the team will get better around Allen, I am pretty confident of that at least.

Welcome to being a drafnik.

Every amateur follower finds a player or two that's under the radar to the broader mock draft building community............mocks them as a steal in mid or late rounds..........then is disappointed when the draft process pushes them into higher rounds.

I can remember watching a relative unknown DE from Arizona State drop into coverage versus USC and make a great interception after have a terrific pass rushing game...........realizing who he was and that he was not even on a draft board anywhere...........I thought.........maybe the Bills could take a flyer on this dude in the 6th round(not risking losing him in UDFA) and try to develop him into a pass rushing 3-4 OLB?

6 months later the dumbasses drafted him in the first round.:thumbdown:

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Clenin Ferrell from Clemson is the most likely upper echelon edge rusher who will be available at 9. It's a shame, but the likes of Josh Allen and Nick Bosa will be long gone. I like your overall strategy. I think their opinion on Ferrell and his availability at 9 is going to determine what they do. Just a hunch. 

Isnt Ferrell the one that has not put up the good sack numbers?

I am wary of that

8 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Isnt Ferrell the one that has not put up the good sack numbers?

I am wary of that

6 as a freshman/9.5 as a sophomore/11.5 as a junior compared to Shaq who didn't have more than 4 his freshman/sophomore years. He's also 6.5 with long arms compared to Shaq who's 6'3 with relatively short arms.

Shaq ran a 4.7 at the combine. I'd like to see Ferrell run in the 4.5-4.6 range. 

These are two entirely different players IMO, but the combine numbers will be telling.

16 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Welcome to being a drafnik.

Every amateur follower finds a player or two that's under the radar to the broader mock draft building community............mocks them as a steal in mid or late rounds..........then is disappointed when the draft process pushes them into higher rounds.

I can remember watching a relative unknown DE from Arizona State drop into coverage versus USC and make a great interception after have a terrific pass rushing game...........realizing who he was and that he was not even on a draft board anywhere...........I thought.........maybe the Bills could take a flyer on this dude in the 6th round(not risking losing him in UDFA) and try to develop him into a pass rushing 3-4 OLB?

6 months later the dumbasses drafted him in the first round.:thumbdown:

Don't you think it also gets crazy when you are a huge fan of a pro AND a college team? I know how much you like Miami, and I believe that you are far more acquainted with that team than most sportswriters are.

I don't place myself in such a class, but I follow the Crimson Tide to the extent that I feel confident that I do have a fairly good idea of the talent level of their players. For instance, I was on this board heaping praise upon Foster and Wallace before they ever played 1 snap for the Bills. I was also not at all pleased when they drafted Kouandjio.

I am currently getting a post ready with my views on this incoming class from Alabama. I am going back and forth on a couple of players and will be influenced by the combines on several of them. It seems like a waste of time and it probably is, but for years I have watched the Bills completely screw up draft after draft. I have always thought that if the Bills could just click on a few drafts, they could win football games and kick ass in the playoffs.

Imo we have a chance now because of Josh. I hope that McBeane cares about protecting him.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Don't you think it also gets crazy when you are a huge fan of a pro AND a college team? I know how much you like Miami, and I believe that you are far more acquainted with that team than most sportswriters are.

I don't place myself in such a class, but I follow the Crimson Tide to the extent that I feel confident that I do have a fairly good idea of the talent level of their players. For instance, I was on this board heaping praise upon Foster and Wallace before they ever played 1 snap for the Bills. I was also not at all pleased when they drafted Kouandjio.

I am currently getting a post ready with my views on this incoming class from Alabama. I am going back and forth on a couple of players and will be influenced by the combines on several of them. It seems like a waste of time and it probably is, but for years I have watched the Bills completely screw up draft after draft. I have always thought that if the Bills could just click on a few drafts, they could win football games and kick ass in the playoffs.

Imo we have a chance now because of Josh. I hope that McBeane cares about protecting him.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So as a fan of the Tide, any thoughts about those Clemson players your team went up against?

Lawrence got the lion's share of the write-ups, so wondering if anyone else stood out to you in that game.

19 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

The Bills haven't had many UM players but they naturally had to take two of my least favorites........Roscoe and Willis.........and of course Donahoe outsmarted himself by taking Big Mike Williams instead of just doing the OBVIOUS right thing and taking Bryant McKinnie.

The McGahee pick put me off of doing full draft process analysis and even watching the draft live.

I still follow CFB and the draft process closely but merely for my own entertainment............watching TD work his deranged magic cured me of expectations for the Bills on draft day.    

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The Bills haven't had many UM players but they naturally had to take two of my least favorites........Roscoe and Willis.........and of course Donahoe outsmarted himself by taking Big Mike Williams instead of just doing the OBVIOUS right thing and taking Bryant McKinnie.

The McGahee pick put me off of doing full draft process analysis and even watching the draft live.

I still follow CFB and the draft process closely but merely for my own entertainment............watching TD work his deranged magic cured me of expectations for the Bills on draft day.    

Oh please. Are you forgetting about 2004 when TD snagged JP, Tiny Tim Anderson, and Lil Tim Euhus?

How dare you besmirch that man's reputation.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1