Prospects mocked to Buffalo in R1

TigerJ

I'm sure this is nothing new to you, but I think it might be helpful to have all these names in the same place.  If I missed any, feel free to add them.  Comments on who you like from the list or who would make you puke are welcome.  I put some comments down.

Offensive line:

Jonah Williams

Greg Little (not so much lately)

Ja'waan Taylor

Cody Ford (wouldn't mind in a trade down)

Dalton Risner (same here)

Defensive tackle:

Quinnen Williams (wouldn't that be nice)

Ed Oliver

Jeffery Simmons

Christian Wilkins

Dexter Lawrence

Edge:

Josh Allen

Clelin Ferrell

LB  

Devin White (great prospect - but what do we do with Tremaine Edmunds?)

WR

DK Metcalf

AJ Brown

N'Keal Harry

CB  (I'm not a fan of any CB here)

Greedy Williams

Byron Murphy

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Me neither. Haven’t seen Risner, Little, Ford, Greedy,  Wilkins, Lawrence, Simmons or Murphy, either 

....everybody's favorite, Walter Football has him going in rounds 3-5.......make mention of 2017 shoulder surgery and that he'll be a 24 yr old rookie.......is all of this reasonable?......

or is this more likely at#18?..........

Draft Wire's Luke Easterling projects the Minnesota Vikings to select Kansas State OL Dalton Risner with the 18th pick in his latest 2019 Mock Draft.

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....everybody's favorite, Walter Football has him going in rounds 3-5.......make mention of 2017 shoulder surgery and that he'll be a 24 yr old rookie.......is all of this reasonable?......

I’ve never even seen him in the 1st, let alone the top 10. I think he could be a top 50-60 player  but I’m certain he’s not been mocked to the Bills that high. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TigerJ said:

I'm sure this is nothing new to you, but I think it might be helpful to have all these names in the same place.  If I missed any, feel free to add them.  Comments on who you like from the list or who would make you puke are welcome.  I put some comments down.

Offensive line:

Jonah Williams

Greg Little (not so much lately)

Ja'waan Taylor

Cody Ford (wouldn't mind in a trade down)

Dalton Risner (same here)

Defensive tackle:

Quinnen Williams (wouldn't that be nice)

Ed Oliver

Jeffery Simmons

Christian Wilkins

Dexter Lawrence

Edge:

Josh Allen

Clelin Ferrell

LB  

Devin White (great prospect - but what do we do with Tremaine Edmunds?)

WR

DK Metcalf

AJ Brown

N'Keal Harry

CB  (I'm not a fan of any CB here)

Greedy Williams

Byron Murphy

Hakeem Butler was mocked to the Bills by CBS if IIRC

I don't know why Simmons wasn't invited to the combine and we can't afford to pass up good offensive talent, but if Simmons is there at #9, how can they pass?

That said, most of the top talent in the draft and FA is on defense. We need to be very aggressive going after OL and WR talent right out of the gate on March 13 like when Buddy was standing on Mario's front porch at 4:00 with a private plane waiting nearby.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

I don't know why Simmons wasn't invited to the combine and we can't afford to pass up good offensive talent, but if Simmons is there at #9, how can they pass?

That said, most of the top talent in the draft and FA is on defense. We need to be very aggressive going after OL and WR talent right out of the gate on March 13 like when Buddy was standing on Mario's front porch at 4:00 with a private plane waiting nearby.

Should we get Demarcus Lawrence’s address for Beane?

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, yungmack said:

Are DT and edge rusher really critical needs?

We were 26th in sacks last year. It’s orobably our biggest need on defense and since the top of this draft is filled with defensive talent I’d say it would be a solid decision.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, GreggTX said:

Simmons has one of those videos of him striking a woman multiple times.  Not something that screams "Process."  Obviously he's grown since this situation but it's certainly a stain on his reputation.  

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, No_Matter_What said:

I don't remember any mocks which would mock Q. Willams, J. Allen or D. White to Bills.

This is the only one in which I saw Q. Williams mocked to the Bills.  I know it's highly unlikely:  https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2019-nfl-mock-draft-why-kyler-murray-doesnt-make-first-round-grade-yet-plus-a-new-tight-end-for-patriots/  

I can't recall if there were any additional ones mocking Josh Allen to Buffalo, but here's one:  https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/draft/2019/01/16/nfl-mock-draft-2019-kyler-murray-first-round/2573007002/

It's a lot harder to back check for Devin White.  For Quinnen Williams and Josh Allen, I just went through Mockout.com's database, and looked at any mock that didn't list them in the top 5.  The database has the top 5 picks for every mock that it includes.  I don't know that Devin White is a top 5 pick in any mock, so that makes too many to go back and check each one.  I'm pretty sure I recall it.  You can believe me or not.

Edited by TigerJ