Albert Breer breaks down SB after film review

14 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Like, the running game was so bad it was non-existent? Is that what you are getting at? 

They did talk about the running game - The Rams running game is not innovative or new or cool.... it is the Mike Shanahan zone stretch. And that is all it is. The Patriots 6-1 took it away and the Rams didn't adjust or try anything else - they ran the same plays and just put CJ Anderson in rather than Gurley. The Rams overuse of 12 personnel was simply bizarre and they did nothing the scheme the ball out of Goff's hands quickly.

Jared Goff did not play well, nobody should doubt that, but McVay froze. He had no answers for what Belichick was doing and his adjustments were poor.

• Like (+1) 1

It really pisses me off when the media says that the Patriots record is so good every year because they play in the AFC East.  Replace the Patriots with any other team in the NFL and I am sure said team wouldn't do as well.  It's not easy playing those d bags twice a year.  

33 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

They did talk about the running game - The Rams running game is not innovative or new or cool.... it is the Mike Shanahan zone stretch. And that is all it is. The Patriots 6-1 took it away and the Rams didn't adjust or try anything else - they ran the same plays and just put CJ Anderson in rather than Gurley. The Rams overuse of 12 personnel was simply bizarre and they did nothing the scheme the ball out of Goff's hands quickly.

Jared Goff did not play well, nobody should doubt that, but McVay froze. He had no answers for what Belichick was doing and his adjustments were poor.

Yeah Mcvay totally stuck with his game plan and believed what he saw on tape.  It's like he didn't understand what was happening right in front of him.  

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I wasn't talking about Breers breakdown

19 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

You guys really need to layoff the fixed agenda. If it was really fixed for the Pats to win all the time wouldn't other owners be upset about it?  Keep Billieving what you want. 

Some of that is based on a long history of NE getting odd or favorable calls.

Younger guys may not remember "just give it to them", or the PI on a Patriot Hail Mary, Wade walking the Bills team off the field before the game was over, or Oakland forcing a Brady fumble to seal a playoff win only to have it turn into an incomplete forward pass which turned into a bizarre tuck-rule as the NFL tried to manage the fallout.

There is plenty of history of rules being bent or broken in favor of NE.

Regardless of opponent, the Bills for years had a particularly bad relationship with the NFL's officiating org...particularly after Ralph lead the key votes to implementing instant replay which the NFL Officiating body was opposed to.

I think it has been less so over the past few years, although we still have plenty of head-scratchers where they just need to let the teams play.

If anything, I would think the NFL would want to generate some buzz and excitement for the Rams in LA, so I don't think they would be on board for any kind of conspiracy although there were a few calls they did not get right.

16 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Some of that is based on a long history of NE getting odd or favorable calls.

Younger guys may not remember "just give it to them", or the PI on a Patriot Hail Mary, Wade walking the Bills team off the field before the game was over, or Oakland forcing a Brady fumble to seal a playoff win only to have it turn into an incomplete forward pass which turned into a bizarre tuck-rule as the NFL tried to manage the fallout.

There is plenty of history of rules being bent or broken in favor of NE.

Regardless of opponent, the Bills for years had a particularly bad relationship with the NFL's officiating org...particularly after Ralph lead the key votes to implementing instant replay which the NFL Officiating body was opposed to.

I think it has been less so over the past few years, although we still have plenty of head-scratchers where they just need to let the teams play.

If anything, I would think the NFL would want to generate some buzz and excitement for the Rams in LA, so I don't think they would be on board for any kind of conspiracy although there were a few calls they did not get right.

Trust me, most here know all of these plays. At the time the tuck rule event happened, many - myself included - felt it was karmic payback for arguably one of two the worst calls of the 1970s: referee Ben Dreith's roughing-the-passer call on Sugar Bear Hamilton in the 1975 Raiders/Pats playoff game. It was an unbelievably bad call, and it's actually legendary. It cost an extremely good Pats team the game. (It was 4th and 15 with less than a minute to go). The point is, all suffer from bad calls and get good calls. Let's not forget in our little narrative that the Pats were almost completely screwed by the refs in the KC game by the ref's failure to call blatant OPI on that 38 yard pass to Watkins that got them to the 2 with just over 2 minutes to go. 

(The other really awful call was when Rob Lytle was called down after clearly fumbling in the 1976 AFC championship game.)

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, WideNine said:

I was young when this happened but I definitely didn't forget the Tuck Rule in Oakland, Charles Woodson to THIS DAY is salty over it. That was his SB.

It should be included in every football fan's learning curriculum lest it gets forgotten "Now remember, the Patriots Dynasty started with this hogwash."

Was the Tuck Rule technically correct at the time? I recall people saying it was by the letter of the NFL law.. and has since changed because.. how TF is that not a fumble.

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P

Just now, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

I was young when this happened but I definitely didn't forget the Tuck Rule in Oakland, Charles Woodson to THIS DAY is salty over it. That was his SB.

It should be included in every football fan's learning curriculum lest it gets forgotten "Now remember, the Patriots Dynasty started with this hogwash."

See above. Patriots fans (I know a few) felt it was basically karmic payback for Sugar Bear.

2 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

See above. Patriots fans (I know a few) felt it was basically karmic payback for Sugar Bear.

yeah but that was back when Pats were making a habit out of getting blown out of SBs. Harmless bad refereeing fun.

'85 Bears and '96 Packers. Well done boys.

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P

1 minute ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

yeah but that was back when Pats were making a habit out of getting blown out of SBs. Harmless bad refereeing fun.

Um ... they had never been to a SB at that point and wouldn't go for another ten years. They had a really good team that year that could have won the SB.

Edited by dave mcbride

1 hour ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

'85 Bears and '96 Packers. Well done boys.

Also there was a long stretch where the  Patsies were insanely bad, they were the joke if the NFL.

In an era without free agency where teams could lock down and build upon their talent, and they had so many early or #1 draft picks, folks were baffled why they could not field a winning team.

Belichick turned that franchise around, but they have also been extremely stable as an org (ownership, front office, and coaching)...certainly helps.