Sal C: Bellicheck looking for McVay on the sidelines before the rams first drive - possible "tell"?

Reed83HOF

12 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

It would be absurd if there was another reason to look at him. McVay wouldn't have even noticed being stared down from that distance.

One thing you can be sure of is that Belichick in that situation isn't wasting time with something irrelevant. He's doing this for a reason and I can't think of another good reason to find McVay on the sidelines.

Tells don't have to be tiny little things like the trembling of an eyelid at the poker table. Maybe he makes eye contact with one coach if it's a run call and another if it's a pass, for example. Some things might be very easy to see from  far away.

You make a valid point- he might be reading body language or something like that. I read it to mean we were reliving spygate where they used methods that are cheating.

3 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

I think I might have less respect for Belichick than you lol

What a competition that would be! How would be determine the winner?

11 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Is this the part where we pretend only the Patriots look for any competitive advantage they can get?

As long as it makes us feel better about it as we sit here and wait for the 2024 Seth Wickersham breaking story about the 20 years of Patriots cheating, resulting in them vacating ALL 6 Super Bowl victories.

Its gonna happen bro.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

and they joked around all regular season so gametape couldn't give you a true picture.

I wonder if pounding the AFCE in the regular season with relative ease, using a vanilla (not quite but for lack of a better term) gameplan, while prepping and practicing for a totally different playoff look gives the Pats their advantage. They really didn't look good half of the regular season.. getting beat by the Titans. I attributed it to Pats getting warmed up but yeah.. their offense AND defense really did change dramatically.

I'm sure every team has plays up their sleeves but the Pats can cruise through the regular season better than anybody.. plus Beli being more of a detail maniac than anyone.. and likely have a substantial playoff-through-superbowl package all planned out starting week 1.

Feels like they've done that of late.. but not before the 3 SB run they've had I'd wager. Not when they were losing to the Giants or exiting early circa 2015.

Pats can suck it.

3 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

As long as it makes us feel better about it as we sit here and wait for the 2024 Seth Wickersham breaking story about the 20 years of Patriots cheating, resulting in them vacating ALL 6 Super Bowl victories.

Its gonna happen bro.

I know your post is sarcastic but i was surprised they did not take away the first three of Brady. It made the entire sport look bad. As does the fact since the Pats* "stopped" cheating they have gotten better.

53 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I'm thinking he did.   

Welcome to the NFL ROOKIE 

He did.

Eric Mangini was on the radio earlier the week. When talking about how BB was texting McVay after every game, BB isn’t in the business of helping other coaches and Sean will learn that if he hasn’t already. He went on about that for a few minutes with Chris Carter.

1 minute ago, CommonCents said:

He did.

Eric Mangini was on the radio earlier the week. When talking about how BB was texting McVay after every game, BB isn’t in the business of helping other coaches and Sean will learn that if he hasn’t already. He went on about that for a few minutes with Chris Carter.

heard about that. Super weird. I seriously doubt McVay gave anything away though.. probably both sides feeling each other out. But I wonder how many coaches Beli texts with lol.

It was probably Ernie Adams catfishing McVay.

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mark92 said:

Even if he was looking for him because Mcvay has some kind of "tell" isn't cheating.  If they found something on tape good for them. 

Umm, isn’t it illegal to film other teams’ sidelines (during the season to develop ‘tells,’ etc)? That tape you’re referring to would be, I believe, by definition illegal.

I can’t think of any other reason to want to see the opposing coach or know where they are.

4 minutes ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

heard about that. Super weird. I seriously doubt McVay gave anything away though.. probably both sides feeling each other out. But I wonder how many coaches Beli texts with lol.

It was probably Ernie Adams catfishing McVay.

Yes! ?

10 hours ago, Billzgobowlin said:

Ask yourself, is the Patriots defense that good this year to hold McVeigh's offense to only 3 points?  Now everyone can have a bad game.  I admit this clip seems very far fetched but they have been caught doing things against the rules in the past. 

That's what gets me.  The Patriots defense was ok this season, but they looked like the best defense in football on Sunday.

I don't put anything past Belichick.  You can watch receivers from any team line up on a weekly basis and if they fidget with their gloves at all (pulling them tight/re-doing the strap), there's about a 90% chance it's a pass play. 

Almost everyone has a tell.

Edited by Chicken Boo

37 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Its gonna happen bro.

I can only imagine how many scholarship she they’ll lose

Just now, GoFlamesGo said:

Just to confirm, taping opponents’ sidelines is illegal. How else would you figure out opposing head coach ‘tells’ over the course of the season?

https://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/17/sports/football/17nfl.html

There are these people called scouts and player personnel. It’s not illegal to send them to games to watch the opposing team.

11 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I can only imagine how many scholarship she they’ll lose

There are these people called scouts and player personnel. It’s not illegal to send them to games to watch the opposing team.

Anything is possible sure, but I personally find it unlikely a team is going to send scouts to every game another team that isn’t on their schedule plays over the course of the year to learn ‘tells.’

Let’s also not pretend to forget, Belichick has been PROVEN to have broken this rule. That is not conspiracy.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, GoFlamesGo said:

Anything is possible sure, but I personally find it unlikely a team is going to send scouts to every game another team that isn’t on their schedule plays over the course of the year to learn ‘tells.’

Let’s also not pretend to forget, Belichick has been PROVEN to have broken this rule. That is not conspiracy.

The Rams were on their schedule as soon as it was clear they were going to the playoffs. They played two playoff games before the SB. I’m confident there were pro scouts from the Pats (and Chiefs, etc)  at both.

16 minutes ago, GoFlamesGo said:

You don’t have to send people to every game. The Rams played in 2 playoff games. You could easily have personnel scouting the playoff teams.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The Rams were on their schedule as soon as it was clear they were going to the playoffs. They played two playoff games before the SB. I’m confident there were pro scouts from the Pats (and Chiefs, etc)  at both.

Fair point, but they would have to be scouting both teams sidelines, and Belichick would have to have a number of these scouts reliable enough that he would trust their eyes, memories and hand written notes. Where are these guys even conducting this not-easy-to conceal work from?

Again it’s possible, but ask yourself why you are giving BB the benefit of the doubt.

It would be interesting to see what the take on this clip would be from the perspective of another NFL HC.

5 minutes ago, GoFlamesGo said:

Fair point, but they would have to be scouting both teams sidelines, and Belichick would have to have a number of these scouts reliable enough that he would trust their eyes, memories and hand written notes. Where are these guys even conducting this not-easy-to conceal work from?

Again it’s possible, but ask yourself why you are giving BB the benefit of the doubt.

It would be interesting to see what the take on this clip would be from the perspective of another NFL HC.

I’m not really giving him the benefit of the doubt as much as i know for a fact this is common practice.