Sign in to follow this  
IgotBILLStopay

D'haquille aka Duke Williams, Bills' newest WR better than any draft prospect

Just now, hemma said:

Was he projected to be drafted early ... mid ... late .. or not.

1st round talent, later for the other stuff 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Maybe not in the CFL, but plenty of nfl level Def backs come out of the SEC where he played and was considered a top talent.

We won't know until we see him, but this guy has always been a big time receiver.   He was highly rated recruit out of high school, he ate up the SEC.   He just screwed up big time, more than once.  My guess is that he can play in the NFL. 

I'm hoping he's Hines Ward II.  

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

He also hasnt faced NFL CB's you are correct.

Neither have any of the rookies in the draft. At least this guy played in the SEC.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Neither have any of the rookies in the draft. At least this guy played in the SEC.

....seems like he atoned for early on mistakes and did re-commit to his CFL career.....and now an opportunity to realize your NFL dream?......carpe diem young man......

• Like (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Maybe not in the CFL, but plenty of nfl level Def backs come out of the SEC where he played and was considered a top talent.

And yet, his college stats were nothing to write home about.   

In 2014, he was second on his team with 730 receiving yards  (# 8 in the SEC) and five TDs.   In 2015, he played only four games, catching 12 passes for 147 yards and a touchdown.   That doesn't sound like a lot of experience against quality DBs, even if they were from the SEC...

His 2014 season was padded by a few cupcakes like Arkansas, Kansas State and Mississippi State, although he did have a good game against Alabama.

2014 Game Logs 

Receiving Tackles
Rk Date School   Opponent   Rec Yds Avg TD Solo Ast Tot Loss Sk
  10 Games         45 730 16.2 5 1 1 2 0.0 0.
1 2014-08-30 Auburn   Arkansas W 9 154 17.1 1 0 0 0 0.0 0.0
2 2014-09-06 Auburn   San Jose State W 4 60 15.0 0 0 0 0 0.0 0.0
3 2014-09-18 Auburn @ Kansas State W 8 110 13.8 1 0 0 0 0.0 0.0
4 2014-09-27 Auburn   Louisiana Tech W 2 33 16.5 1 0 0 0 0.0 0.0
5 2014-10-04 Auburn   Louisiana State W 2 28 14.0 0 0 0 0 0.0 0.0
6 2014-10-11 Auburn @ Mississippi State L 6 108 18.0 2 1 0 1 0.0 0.0
7 2014-10-25 Auburn   South Carolina W 3 34 11.3 0 0 1 1 0.0 0.0
8 2014-11-01 Auburn @ Mississippi W 3 71 23.7 0 0 0 0 0.0 0.0
9 2014-11-08 Auburn   Texas A&M L 1 11 11.0 0 0 0 0 0.0 0.0
10 2014-11-29 Auburn @ Alabama L 7 121 17.3 0 0 0 0 0.0 0.0

Edited by Lurker
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Wonder who sold him on the Bills.

If he makes an impact, guy might be in line for Salesman of the Year award.

30 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

I think you're right on the money here.  Williams, Foster and Jones, assuming Williams can play and assuming Foster wasn't a flash in the pan, are enough to give Allen receivers he can make plays with.  

Agreed. I don’t think the Bills are going to spend premium assets on a wr in the draft of free agency. They appear more likely to use the free agent money in offensive linemen and maybe a lower profile wr who will not command big dollars. I like Humphries but he may get too rich for Beane. I think the top draft picks are more likely to be on the offensive line and tight end position if we go offense. 

And if that happens u might get a 3rd or 4th round wr for development and a free agent wr to compete for a top 4 spot, which would leave Williams with a very good shot to claim a starting spot opposite Foster. 

23 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Drug addictions lead to bad threads and ruined lives. 

says you !

10 minutes ago, hemma said:

Wonder who sold him on the Bills.

If he makes an impact, guy might be in line for Salesman of the Year award.

Josh Allen ?

What stands out about him is his size and build.   He really is well put together.

He also seems to move decent for his size, he's not a lumbering sort of a WR.      Plus he appears to have very strong hands and good body control, which is a good combination to have.

I'm hopeful.

At his pro day, his best time was 4.66, a slight improvement over his combine time.  I found one old article about his transfer to Auburn that claims he had a 4.4 40 to his credit.  There's something going on here.  I just don't know what.  I do think there were extenuating circumstances that negatively impacted his combine workout to a degree.

6 minutes ago, racketmaster said:

Agreed. I don’t think the Bills are going to spend premium assets on a wr in the draft of free agency. They appear more likely to use the free agent money in offensive linemen and maybe a lower profile wr who will not command big dollars. I like Humphries but he may get too rich for Beane. I think the top draft picks are more likely to be on the offensive line and tight end position if we go offense. 

And if that happens u might get a 3rd or 4th round wr for development and a free agent wr to compete for a top 4 spot, which would leave Williams with a very good shot to claim a starting spot opposite Foster. 

Bills know they have F'd the WR position up in nearly record fashion. especially Via free agency. 

It is long list.

But Jordan Matthews getting injured nearly right away epitomized how well the bIlls have done specifically with pass catchers.

and Beanes semi desperate attempts do not inspire much faith they can't find talent via trade , or by day 3 of FA.
Gotta prioritize this right along with O line

I think Bills regime would like to gather a couple more Young Ones to grow with Allen.  But they cannot afford to wait.

Hopefully this fellow is a gem that just needs some polish.I am hopeful because he has talent , as mentioned. If it works out ,he make the team and starts ? That will be one hell of a find by Bills FO !

Go Bills

5 minutes ago, Magox said:

What stands out about him is his size and build.   He really is well put together.

He also seems to move decent for his size, he's not a lumbering sort of a WR.      Plus he appears to have very strong hands and good body control, which is a good combination to have.

I'm hopeful.

...and you just laid out all of the reasons for the TBD pundits to label him a "bust" before stepping on their pigeon stained "red carpet".....

6 minutes ago, Magox said:

I'm hopeful.

So NOT another Kelvin Benjamin  ?

Good to hear : )

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...and you just laid out all of the reasons for the TBD pundits to label him a "bust" before stepping on their pigeon stained "red carpet".....

So, he's a lock Wall of Famer to the rest of TSW?     Good call...

• Haha (+1) 3

It’s up to Josh Allen to read the defense & get the ball out on time and accurately. The WR needs separation ability, intelligence, courage and good hands. 

Could he actually be the answer to TE?  He looks big but not overly fast for a WR but probably fast for TE.   As a TE he could really be a difference maker I would think - especially if he could block.

3 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

So NOT another Kelvin Benjamin  ?

Good to hear : )

...thought I read he is in his third trimester now.....

35 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

1st round talent, later for the other stuff 

That sounds like Kirby's favorite receiver, D'Rick.:ph34r:

Looks good in cut up

cfl is such a weird game though with all that movement presnap 

15 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...thought I read he is in his third trimester now.....

14 minutes ago, JohnC said:

That sounds like Kirby's favorite receiver, D'Rick.:ph34r:

: )
lol

seriously though

Those nice reports coming from his CFL  "HC" sounded like he is a tad more motivated than our future "once was a Bill " HOFer D'Rogers

Edited by 3rdand12

Maybe what Boldin could have been?  Big body, physical receiver that fights for catches.  

Edited by thunderingsquid
  • Like (+1) 1

Going to be hard for him since 

A. You cant get a running start like he does.

B. The end zone isn't 30 miles long.

Interesting point. I've racked my (admittedly feeble) brain trying to recall receivers who successfully made the jump from CFL to NFL, and all I got was Joe Horn. . Anyone have other  examples of success?

2 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

: )
lol

seriously though

Those nice reports coming from his CFL  "HC" sounded like he is a tad more motivated than our future "once was a Bill " HOFer D'Rogers

I also liked the pickup. There is a good probability that the Bills won't have a genuine #1 receiver. If that's the case then you can still upgrade the unit with good #2 receivers. Sometimes these little and obscure deals turn out to be big hits. If not, so what? You then move on. I applaud the organization for scouring the market to improve the team. 

• Like (+1) 1

Any chance he can block?  Might be a good fit for a TE with his size and speed.

And I mean actually block, not his running full speed and crushing people blocking.

Edited by The Wiz