D'haquille aka Duke Williams, Bills' newest WR better than any draft prospect

Tired of the "running start" argument.

Think "Big Physical Possession WR" who knows how to use his size and leverage to beat coverage. His timing and positioning when covered and when going up for contested balls is what stood out to me in the highlights. Dude is big-bodied and physical and knows how to work it to his advantage.   

Williams is by no means a lock to make the team, but at 6'3" and 225, he brings a different skillset than the other WR hopefuls. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/3/2019 at 9:34 PM, junior12thman92 said:

Is there any indication that he's incapable of learning the playbook? (I haven't read through this thread at all, so I have no idea if that's a legitimate concern.)

If he can learn the CFL route tree and playbook with all the motion options and NFL playbook will be easy.

• Like (+1) 2

On 5/17/2019 at 12:52 PM, John from Riverside said:

I dont suppose we can at least wait until training camp before making a final determination on the guy?

I dont hold his time in the CFL against him.......shows we are looking under all the rocks for talent.

...aren't you asking a helluva lot?....I'm STILL in shock that not ONE draftee or UDFA signing has yet to earn the "bust" label......lethargic TBD nature ain't passin' the "smell test".....

8 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

So who’s first into the HOF? This guy or the West Virginia guy? 

Gotta make the Sunday Highlight reels first : )

Wishing them both well  with Buffalo Bills.Sills might be the bigger project. Thats going to be tough if he goes to PS

40 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Gotta make the Sunday Highlight reels first : )

Wishing them both well  with Buffalo Bills.Sills might be the bigger project. Thats going to be tough if he goes to PS

To me it look like a strong possibility we could find a couple of very good practice squad candidates.......and teh best we find another Robert Foster

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...aren't you asking a helluva lot?....I'm STILL in shock that not ONE draftee or UDFA signing has yet to earn the "bust" label......lethargic TBD nature ain't passin' the "smell test".....

I'm pretty sure someone tagged Oliver as a bust waiting to happen after he was drafted. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I'm pretty sure someone tagged Oliver as a bust waiting to happen after he was drafted. 

....good...I feel much better....was losing confidence in the TBD experts......:thumbsup:.......LOL...Ed "Too Short" Oliver I believe.......

On 5/16/2019 at 8:18 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

A bit different in the CFL where the WR get a running start before the snap

We could definitely use a WR with his size and physical ability especially in the red zone, 

what do you think his odds are in making the team ? 

Just now, Putin said:

We could definitely use a WR with his size and physical ability especially in the red zone, 

what do you think his odds are in making the team ? 

I kind of got to see a bit in training camp before I can answer that

Without that, I think he has better odds than the typical UDFA rookie but less than the typical draft pick, and that opinion is worth what you paid for it heh.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 2/6/2019 at 4:56 PM, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yup.  If anyone can find us receivers, it’s the guys who put together Jordan Matthews, Zay Jones, Jeremy Kerley, Anquan Boldin, Kelvin Benjamin, etc.

i kid but man have they sucked At receiver evaluations.

Foster and Zay are good receivers.

I do agree we've had some poor evals on some other guys like KB etc.

On 5/17/2019 at 9:52 AM, John from Riverside said:

I dont suppose we can at least wait until training camp before making a final determination on the guy?

I dont hold his time in the CFL against him.......shows we are looking under all the rocks for talent.

Under all the rocks except the most obvious one, the draft. Passing on Hakeem Butler in the 3rd rnd will be a big mistake in hindsight I predict and the fact that the Bills went into the draft with no intention of drafting a wr whatsoever is telling. People saying this draft had no good wrs in it will almost certainly be proved wrong. The Bills wr corps was inadequate and bringing in a couple of undersized avg vets didn't really change that fact much imo. If Williams becomes a good NFL player it will be a huge bonus for the Bills but wishful thinking is not really a great strategy when you have a 2nd year QB who needs talent around him.

8 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

Under all the rocks except the most obvious one, the draft. Passing on Hakeem Butler in the 3rd rnd will be a big mistake in hindsight I predict and the fact that the Bills went into the draft with no intention of drafting a wr whatsoever is telling. People saying this draft had no good wrs in it will almost certainly be proved wrong. The Bills wr corps was inadequate and bringing in a couple of undersized avg vets didn't really change that fact much imo. If Williams becomes a good NFL player it will be a huge bonus for the Bills but wishful thinking is not really a great strategy when you have a 2nd year QB who needs talent around him.

Maybe they liked Singletary better?

It could be just as simple as that

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

They obviously did, whether that was right or not will be determined. Did the Bills need an undersized relatively slow rb more than a speedy 6'5" 230 lb wr? Time will tell.

18 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Butler was also available when they moved up for Knox, a te drafted solely on athletic measurables as he had no production in college.