D'haquille aka Duke Williams, Bills' newest WR better than any draft prospect

15 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...thought I read he is in his third trimester now.....

14 minutes ago, JohnC said:

That sounds like Kirby's favorite receiver, D'Rick.:ph34r:

: )
lol

seriously though

Those nice reports coming from his CFL  "HC" sounded like he is a tad more motivated than our future "once was a Bill " HOFer D'Rogers

Edited by 3rdand12

Going to be hard for him since 

A. You cant get a running start like he does.

B. The end zone isn't 30 miles long.

Interesting point. I've racked my (admittedly feeble) brain trying to recall receivers who successfully made the jump from CFL to NFL, and all I got was Joe Horn. . Anyone have other  examples of success?

2 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

: )
lol

seriously though

Those nice reports coming from his CFL  "HC" sounded like he is a tad more motivated than our future "once was a Bill " HOFer D'Rogers

I also liked the pickup. There is a good probability that the Bills won't have a genuine #1 receiver. If that's the case then you can still upgrade the unit with good #2 receivers. Sometimes these little and obscure deals turn out to be big hits. If not, so what? You then move on. I applaud the organization for scouring the market to improve the team. 

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Lurker said:

And yet, his college stats were nothing to write home about.   

In 2014, he was second on his team with 730 receiving yards  (# 8 in the SEC) and five TDs.   In 2015, he played only four games, catching 12 passes for 147 yards and a touchdown.   That doesn't sound like a lot of experience against quality DBs, even if they were from the SEC...

His 2014 season was padded by a few cupcakes like Arkansas, Kansas State and Mississippi State, although he did have a good game against Alabama.

2014 Game Logs 

Receiving Tackles
Rk Date School   Opponent   Rec Yds Avg TD Solo Ast Tot Loss Sk
  10 Games         45 730 16.2 5 1 1 2 0.0 0.
1 2014-08-30 Auburn   Arkansas W 9 154 17.1 1 0 0 0 0.0 0.0
2 2014-09-06 Auburn   San Jose State W 4 60 15.0 0 0 0 0 0.0 0.0
3 2014-09-18 Auburn @ Kansas State W 8 110 13.8 1 0 0 0 0.0 0.0
4 2014-09-27 Auburn   Louisiana Tech W 2 33 16.5 1 0 0 0 0.0 0.0
5 2014-10-04 Auburn   Louisiana State W 2 28 14.0 0 0 0 0 0.0 0.0
6 2014-10-11 Auburn @ Mississippi State L 6 108 18.0 2 1 0 1 0.0 0.0
7 2014-10-25 Auburn   South Carolina W 3 34 11.3 0 0 1 1 0.0 0.0
8 2014-11-01 Auburn @ Mississippi W 3 71 23.7 0 0 0 0 0.0 0.0
9 2014-11-08 Auburn   Texas A&M L 1 11 11.0 0 0 0 0 0.0 0.0
10 2014-11-29 Auburn @ Alabama L 7 121 17.3 0 0 0 0 0.0 0.0

Kansas St finished 2014 ranked 18th. 

Arkansas was 7-6 but only 2-6 in the SEC. Those two wins however were over LSU ranked #20, and Ole Miss ranked #8 at the time.  Add a 1 pt loss to #7 Alabama as well.  Mississippi St. was 10-3, 6-2 in SEC, and finished 11th in the AP poll and was ranked #1 overall at one point in the 2014 season.

The informed and more correct interpretation of his 2014 season would be he had his best games, many on the road, against some of the best teams in the country.  

None of that means he can play in the NFL. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yup.  If anyone can find us receivers, it’s the guys who put together Jordan Matthews, Zay Jones, Jeremy Kerley, Anquan Boldin, Kelvin Benjamin, etc.

i kid but man have they sucked At receiver evaluations.

Thats a horrible perspective...

horrible because it’s hard to argue anything other than they aren’t good at evaluating WRs. Maybe the new WR coach can help ?‍♂️ ?‍♂️ 

2 hours ago, Mark80 said:

All the talent in the world.  Can he keep it together mentally though?  That is his issue.

I watch every Eskimos game. He’s really been a good citizen and has worked his ass off.

I still think he’s a long shot, but dude hasn’t talent no doubt.

So are we saying we picked him up?  Not living in Buffalo anymore, I haven’t seen an article, so I’m guessing either we picked him up as not having to follow free agent rules, or everyone just wants him.

if anyone can clarify, I’d appreciate it so I can dive in once I know he’s conditionally ours.

1 minute ago, machine gun kelly said:

So are we saying we picked him up?  Not living in Buffalo anymore, I haven’t seen an article, so I’m guessing either we picked him up as not having to follow free agent rules, or everyone just wants him.

if anyone can clarify, I’d appreciate it so I can dive in once I know he’s conditionally ours.

He’s ours. Bills signed him awhile back. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

16 hours ago, Mark80 said:

All the talent in the world.  Can he keep it together mentally though?  That is his issue.

My Dad and I have this discussion/argument all the time, but we come from very different athletic backgrounds. He played/plays a ton of hockey still, good but not great. I lived at the Olympic training center for a number of years in a different sport.l, and coached a few national championships as well 

If you ask me every time in sports, I take the physiology over the brain. You can coach the brain, you can’t coach DNA. 

However to be truly great, or at least better than/on par with your peers in pro sports, you need both. (This is the argument). You can’t will a 4.3 40. No matter how hard you train, some guys can do it and some guys can’t. It just is. 

Hopefully Duke works out. There have been a ton of grinders who lack the genetics, and a few genetic freaks who could never harness it. It is what it is. 

Edited by Mango
  • Like (+1) 3