FYI: My season ticket invoice just arrived for 2019

richNjoisy

On 2/10/2019 at 3:38 PM, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....imagine the increases and PSL's to fund a new stadium?..........what then do you folks do?.......

My answer is....it depends.  I could hack a $5K PSL for 2 seats, IF I didn't have to pay more than $1500 a seat/year inside the 30s in the lower level.  If those seats are above that price, I'm probably out completely.   

6 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

i think about it as well. I mean the last 5 years have basically been ( from a ticket price perspective)

Opener and Pats Game= 1.5X Season Ticket Price(STP)

2 other games before Halloween= 1.25 STP

Games in Nov=40% below STP

December games= 75% below ..

If you go to only the opener and game in November...way better buying ala carte...

If they make the playoffs...ya eat the 1.5 again..

I ate 8 of my 10 tickets for the jags game this past year ??‍♂️. Not to mention the beating I took on the December games. I’m renewing, but my number is going down. 

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

I ate 8 of my 10 tickets for the jags game this past year ??‍♂️. Not to mention the beating I took on the December games. I’m renewing, but my number is going down. 

1 hour ago, BillnutinHouston said:

My answer is....it depends.  I could hack a $5K PSL for 2 seats, IF I didn't have to pay more than $1500 a seat/year inside the 30s in the lower level.  If those seats are above that price, I'm probably out completely.   

...don't blame you.....median household incomes for Buffalo and Rochester are around $31,500/yr....US average is $53,480.....so $5K for two seats is 16% of median WNY income or roughly 9% of US average.....how many households could afford the extra tariff to keep season tix base in the 45,000-50,000+ range?......OR....how many could afford to forfeit those extra dollars as outlined below?......

"This holder can sell the seat license to someone else if they no longer wish to purchase season tickets.[1]However, if the seat license holder chooses not to sell the seat licenses and does not renew the season tickets, the holder forfeits the license back to the team. Most seat licenses are valid for as long as the team plays in the current venue. "

• 3 weeks later...

This will be my first year with season tickets. Financially it doesn’t make a lot of sense, as I usually get to 2-3 games a year at well below face value. But my son is going to be 5 and I want to take him to a couple games and still go with friends to tailgate for a few. And I spent more on one ticket to the Green Bay game last year than a season ticket costs so they are still pretty cheap all things considered.

On 2/6/2019 at 4:48 PM, Westside Madness said:

I cant mathematically reconcile this information. I am sure there is a detail that I am missing. If the price per ticket went up by $3 and it was an increase of $60, this would lead me to believe that you have 20 season tickets. But then you say 'for the pair', which would imply an increase of $6, not $60. What caused the additional $54 increase for the two tickets?

Edit - This sort of feels like one of those 'Jimmy has 12 pies' situations...

8 regular season games + 2 preseason games, maybe? 10*6=60.

11 hours ago, Just Jack said:

I renewed mine today, three year plan. Even mentioned to my rep I was a glutton for punishment. 

The legal department is breathing easier, knowing funds for executive departures from PS&E are being funded through ‘other sources’...?