FYI: My season ticket invoice just arrived for 2019

richNjoisy

As an out-of-towner (NC) I realized a couple of years ago it no longer made sense for me to keep seasons.  I only get to a couple of games, and if I save that ST money I can just buy great seats on the secondary market for the couple of games I want to attend and still come out ahead.

14 hours ago, Westside Madness said:

I cant mathematically reconcile this information. I am sure there is a detail that I am missing. If the price per ticket went up by $3 and it was an increase of $60, this would lead me to believe that you have 20 season tickets. But then you say 'for the pair', which would imply an increase of $6, not $60. What caused the additional $54 increase for the two tickets?

Edit - This sort of feels like one of those 'Jimmy has 12 pies' situations...

$3 per seat. Per game (10 games). So $30 per seat for the whole season. $60 for a pair.

just a heads up to everyone..the Bills have gone to an opt-out model..as our friend @Kirby Jackson suggested they do. So just be awares...when you renew this year, you will have to actively cancel next year if you do not want them..not actively renew every year as you do now.

I have not looked closely, but i think that also means it is no longer a one-time payment( yes i am aware here were payment plans before), but think this is universal now

8 hours ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

No desire to go to all 8 home games, or to pay full price for two garbage preseason games.

I justify in my mind by saying i pay for 8 games, they give the two preseson games for free. They really should use that model anyway

8 hours ago, row_33 said:

It’s supposed to make you feel better by dividing the whole price by 10

i think my last seasons were for $800, for which I would go the the first preseason and then see if I could give away my ticket to the second.

$160’s worth right there....

“Worth”, riiiiight ;)

And for the record it’s not like I’m all lathered up over this, it’s a game and basically recreational time with the fellas on sunday. No one’s twisted my arm for 16 years to renew. And I will still go to at least 2, and I’d wager the guys that re-up in my group will toss me a freebie here and there, most of them can’t make all 8 anyways. 

But my home-game streak ended last year at 103 consecutive, almost 15 years to the day without missing a home game in person.

Let me just say, it was pretty satisfying to be on the couch for a couple of those meaningless december games. 

• Like (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

“Worth”, riiiiight ;)

And for the record it’s not like I’m all lathered up over this, it’s a game and basically recreational time with the fellas on sunday. No one’s twisted my arm for 16 years to renew. And I will still go to at least 2, and I’d wager the guys that re-up in my group will toss me a freebie here and there, most of them can’t make all 8 anyways. 

But my home-game streak ended last year at 103 consecutive, almost 15 years to the day without missing a home game in person.

Let me just say, it was pretty satisfying to be on the couch for a couple of those meaningless december games. 

Last years December proved why having seasons many of time is a losing venture if your concerned with money. My wife and I use to love those insanely cheap games because you could get great seats for virtually nothing and still have fun without the massive investment. I loved having seasons in 2016 we were section 143 and paid $1300 for both which I thought was fair and having seasons for sure worked out better money wise that season even with three straight December home games given the price for the Jets night game and Steelers home game alone.

Our big thing why we didn't renew was the time commitment. September and October you could get back to Rochester by 6ish most of the time, but once Nov/Dec hit it was 7:30-8 and that just killed the day. I still think at some point we may return to seasons though it was a great experience.

16 hours ago, Westside Madness said:

I cant mathematically reconcile this information. I am sure there is a detail that I am missing. If the price per ticket went up by $3 and it was an increase of $60, this would lead me to believe that you have 20 season tickets. But then you say 'for the pair', which would imply an increase of $6, not $60. What caused the additional $54 increase for the two tickets?

Edit - This sort of feels like one of those 'Jimmy has 12 pies' situations...

That awkward moment when you realize your algebra teacher was right: word problems DO occur in real life.  ?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

just a heads up to everyone..the Bills have gone to an opt-out model..as our friend @Kirby Jackson suggested they do. So just be awares...when you renew this year, you will have to actively cancel next year if you do not want them..not actively renew every year as you do now.

I have not looked closely, but i think that also means it is no longer a one-time payment( yes i am aware here were payment plans before), but think this is universal now

I justify in my mind by saying i pay for 8 games, they give the two preseson games for free. They really should use that model anyway

my ticket package clearly showed the two preseasons getting the $80 face value in harmony with the $80 on the 8 regular season games

it may have changed the last decade.

this was a slap in the face because an attempt to sell a real game ticket showed it was worth "only" $80 to a snarky purchaser.

50 minutes ago, row_33 said:

my ticket package clearly showed the two preseasons getting the $80 face value in harmony with the $80 on the 8 regular season games

it may have changed the last decade.

this was a slap in the face because an attempt to sell a real game ticket showed it was worth "only" $80 to a snarky purchaser.

not quite sure what your point is...

I can tell you as a season ticket holder, I would rather just have the total price of the season ticket divided by eight.

In other words, if my seat cost $800 for the year, I would rather each regular season game carry a face of $100 x8, rather than $80x10.( changes for the variable pricing employed now, i know, this is just illustrative).

I don't know why they don't do that, it is not like anyone thinks the preseason game have any value what so ever. If i was marketing the NFL, i would sell the point that if you get seasons, we give you the added bonus of two free preseason games that nonseason ticket holders have to pay for. Also, face goes so up, so maybe in a market with plenty of secondaries always avaiable, average price on resale to regular season games also creeps up some...another bonus to season ticket holders.

@Kirby Jacksonmay know the reasons why they dont that   from a marketing standpoint, cause I am lost

1 hour ago, corta765 said:

Last years December proved why having seasons many of time is a losing venture if your concerned with money. My wife and I use to love those insanely cheap games because you could get great seats for virtually nothing and still have fun without the massive investment. I loved having seasons in 2016 we were section 143 and paid $1300 for both which I thought was fair and having seasons for sure worked out better money wise that season even with three straight December home games given the price for the Jets night game and Steelers home game alone.

Our big thing why we didn't renew was the time commitment. September and October you could get back to Rochester by 6ish most of the time, but once Nov/Dec hit it was 7:30-8 and that just killed the day. I still think at some point we may return to seasons though it was a great experience.

It’s not so much the $, I’m a “money’s already spent” kinda guy. It does chap me a bit to see tix go for pennies on the dollar on the street, but that’s not the break point.

The cheap tix are good for people that normally wouldn’t be able to afford a game, and I think everyone in the area should be able to enjoy the experience from time to time, regardless of how good/bad the team is.

BUT, those sub $20 tix definitely draw a certain crowd. The one game/last game I went to for the season was a disaster film inside the stadium. People falling down the aisles,  some fights,  dude whipped it out and pissed all over the section like 2 rows in front of us, friend of mine got puked on. It’s an embarrassment sometimes. These types are in the minority, but certainly cause the biggest ruckus, and it’s accentuated when the game is meaningless and the stands are only 2/3 full.

30 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I can tell you as a season ticket holder, I would rather just have the total price of the season ticket divided by eight.

In other words, if my seat cost $800 for the year, I would rather each regular season game carry a face of $100 x8, rather than $80x10.( changes for the variable pricing employed now, i know, this is just illustrative).

I don't know why they don't do that, it is not like anyone thinks the preseason game have any value what so ever. If i was marketing the NFL, i would sell the point that if you get seasons, we give you the added bonus of two free preseason games that nonseason ticket holders have to pay for. Also, face goes so up, so maybe in a market with plenty of secondaries always avaiable, average price on resale to regular season games also creeps up some...another bonus to season ticket holders.

@Kirby Jacksonmay know the reasons why they dont that   from a marketing standpoint, cause I am lost

edit: not worth it....

Edited by row_33

1 hour ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

BUT, those sub $20 tix definitely draw a certain crowd. The one game/last game I went to for the season was a disaster film inside the stadium. People falling down the aisles,  some fights,  dude whipped it out and pissed all over the section like 2 rows in front of us, friend of mine got puked on. It’s an embarrassment sometimes. These types are in the minority, but certainly cause the biggest ruckus, and it’s accentuated when the game is meaningless and the stands are only 2/3 full.

Agreed whole heartily there. I think one of the reasons fan behavior seems to have improved the last 5-6 years is the fact the team was far more competitive compared to years prior. But I would def agree that the crowd certainly changes if it is the cheaper "$20 to sit anywhere games" and you get many more people there to drink and party with no regard for the game or people around them.

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

I’m not sure but I’d guess it has something to do with the CBA. We always charged full price for the preseason because it was extra revenue. The reality is that people get all pissy when they pay full price for the preseason. The reality is, if your preseason games were less your regular season pricing would be higher. There are revenue targets that every team is going to achieve. The pricing on the tickets is merely a placeholder. Your example is basically what would happen. If it is $80 * 10 games or $100 * 8 it ends up at the same place. 

14 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

do they assist you in resales? I have Orlando Magic tickets and team allows me to resale directly from app. it makes keeping cost reasonable very easy. Of course the fact the preseason in NBA is 3% vs 20% makes a difference. I sell about half my games for a profit and my therefore my annual cost works out to be quite cheap for the games I actually attend.

You can re-sell through the One Buffalo/Ticketmaster app. And now you can do it for less than face value. Used to be I could not go below a certain value on Ticketmaster. You could on Stub Hub though, this was when we still could get paper/print at home tickets. 

Edited by Just Jack

3 hours ago, WhoTom said:

That awkward moment when you realize your algebra teacher was right: word problems DO occur in real life.  ?

A train leaves Rochester headed west at 60 m.p.h. at 7:00 am.  It arrives at Dunkirk Don’s new and undisclosed stadium site at what time?

23 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

A train leaves Rochester headed west at 60 m.p.h. at 7:00 am.  It arrives at Dunkirk Don’s new and undisclosed stadium site at what time?

I'll have to seek a higher authority on that. Anyone know the name of Chris Berman's psychic cab driver?

Edited by WhoTom